Project: 777 (Finally a small update 18-04-2008)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

I just sent you a pm about those grills! DEFINATLY will be copying that idea. I must see if I can get some more perspex sometime soon!
If you could find that grill you made it will be my pleasure to get it couriered down to CT! Is it for the 120mm fan?
Thanks for the help Ettienne :D
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I can actually show you exactly which grille i'll send you... hold on a sec, lemme find the pic...

EDIT:

Okay it's this one:

The one i made in THIS post :D

Let me know if you want it. I know i still have it here somewhere, just not sure where :|
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

I'll definatly take that one! We must just organise courier and things... Let me know how much I owe you. I'll use that one for the roof fan and then I'll make one for my 2x 80mm fans on the perspex. I wanna make it one solid grill but that has individual holes for each fan!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Cool, no prob. You might have to change the design of this grille though, like make the holes a bit bigger, cos it's very restricting when it comes to airflow. I made a new one for the front of my case which i have to either mod or remake.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Will do that. I will see what I can do with those holes. Might add a few mm to them!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeah, that's what i plan on doing to the one in my case, if that doesn't work i'll have to make a whole new one.

Jeff, send me your address please, i'm going to the post office later ;)
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Awesome! Thanks bro!
Wow, this day is going really good, Im getting so many ideas for my mod and I just got a mail from Sybaritic... my mobo has been replaced!!!!!!!! I dont know about my HDD yet though but I will keep you guys updated as soon as I hear anything!
More updates are gonna roll through in the next couple weeks!

@Ettienne: I PMed you my details!
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Wow, do I have some cool updates for you guys in the next couple weeks. Im not gonna say anything more until I post pics, but my mod is gonna come along pretty hectic soon!
Keep looking for updates!!!!!!!
Prime

Post by Prime »

cool dude congrats.

@ dae: a good hole saw comes in at about the same cost as a good jigsaw. cheap hole saws break...

glad to see your mod is coming along well. keep us updated or don't :wink:

BTW glad to hear you are getting a new mobo...
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

da_ripper wrote:@ dae: a good hole saw comes in at about the same cost as a good jigsaw. cheap hole saws break...
I disagree. I have never broken a holesaw. Some of the holesaws i have cost me something like 20 bucks, and they're still going strong ;)
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

da_ripper wrote:glad to see your mod is coming along well. keep us updated or don't

BTW glad to hear you are getting a new mobo...
I will definatly keep you guys updated. As soon as Im done with a part of modding, I upload them and post them!

Im also flipping happy Im getting a new mobo. 5th one and counting in under 2 years. Lets hope this one works!
Prime

Post by Prime »

5? damn, got an spare :lol: :wink:

my holesaws cost like R150 bucks excluding the drill attachment :x

anyway, lets not side track this thread...

the only way you are going to get a clean finish is with a laser cut, holesaws and jigsaws leave sharp edges. but you need to decide what method you use in the end and which you can afford. the other thing not in favour of saws is they bugger up your paint work... not sure about lasers
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

da_ripper wrote:the only way you are going to get a clean finish is with a laser cut, holesaws and jigsaws leave sharp edges. but you need to decide what method you use in the end and which you can afford. the other thing not in favour of saws is they bugger up your paint work... not sure about lasers
I will probably buy a 114mm hole saw and cut the hole like that. If it leaves rough edges I'll just sand paper it down. The nice thing is that Im not scared to try. This case cost me R170 so if I do bugger anything up (except the side panel!) I'll just order another case and use it as spares!
da_ripper wrote:5? damn, got an spare
:lol: Unfortunatly not dude. They've all gone back for repairs and I sold the one...
Last edited by WAJeff on 15 Feb 2007, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Lasers will burn paint up to a few mm.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

So laser cutting is out then. Hole saw it will be. Must see how much Im gonna get paid today and I might buy it then!
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Depending on whether I can get a replacement HDD my next order is either going to be only a new HDD or some more modding goodies. I might be able to get all of them but I also only might be able to get some...
Here it is:

Seagte 80GB SATA HDD

or

Vantex NXP-205 Fan Controller - Black

Antec TriCool 120mm Fan (For roof fan)

4x Vantex Spectrum 80mm UV LED Fans (2x PSU, 2x Side Panel)

Yet another Vantec Cable Sleeving Kit (3rd one!) - Red

A 114mm hole saw will be added to this and some perspex!
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

OK so my budget isnt what I expected. Pay came through late and my company now owes me back pay.
Im rather gonna get my hardware sorted out and then start spending money on modding things. I've ordered a 160GB HDD and within the next week or two I should be ordering some fans, drill bits, hole saws, fan controllers and things like that!

Updates should be coming in soon!
Still waiting on my HDD, which is just annoying
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Did a very small update today. Was just playing around with my PSU..

I wanted to see if I could get this fan connected and put into the PSU

All it did was light up... didnt spin

The wire that comes out of the fan has 3 wires but the fan in the PSU only has 2

Is there a way I can convert it to a 2 wire? If I plug the fan into the 2-pin connector on the PSU it either doesnt light up and doesnt spin or it lights up but doesnt spin... Do you think it has something to do with the fact its a LED fan...
Any help appreciated
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Do you rself a favour and have a look at the holes I made for my fans in my mod. I used a jigsaw and I FILED the edges. So I dont know why you should spend R150 on a hole saw you won't use often (I assume) Rather get yourself a fine tooth metal blade for your Jigsaw and cut the hole that way. Oh and a file too.

The fan
The one wire is for speed control. Two of them take power to the fan. So you have to find out which one is speed control and which carry power. The leds are powered from the same two wires. If you can see the colours of the wires, the speed control is the one that is not red or black...

Happy modding dude. Its starting to look great :D :D
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

Looking good now Silv3r...

Ive been off for a month and just relaxed doing jack bogger oll :D

Keep it up!
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Samaya wrote:Do you rself a favour and have a look at the holes I made for my fans in my mod. I used a jigsaw and I FILED the edges. So I dont know why you should spend R150 on a hole saw you won't use often (I assume) Rather get yourself a fine tooth metal blade for your Jigsaw and cut the hole that way. Oh and a file too.

The fan
The one wire is for speed control. Two of them take power to the fan. So you have to find out which one is speed control and which carry power. The leds are powered from the same two wires. If you can see the colours of the wires, the speed control is the one that is not red or black...

Happy modding dude. Its starting to look great
I'll have to see with the hole saw... I'd rather buy it and have it handy for future mods (which I know will happen) and it makes a rounder, smoother hole than a jigsaw... I think :oops:

Thanks for the advice on the fans, I'll give it a shot next week some time, at the moment I got a computers matric paper to get done with on Tuesday... not to amped!

Spicy-McHaggis wrote:Looking good now Silv3r...

Ive been off for a month and just relaxed doing jack bogger oll

Keep it up!
Thanks man! In the time you had off why didnt you mod dude? Thats what I would have done...unless you talking about taking a break from modding :?: :?: :?:
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

Spicy-McHaggis wrote:Looking good now Silv3r...

Ive been off for a month and just relaxed doing jack bogger oll

Keep it up!
Thanks man! In the time you had off why didnt you mod dude? Thats what I would have done...unless you talking about taking a break from modding :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

Well i took a break off everything...

Look at my blogg under the CASE MOD section that i didnt really have funds left for modding as i went playing paintball and i also had to put something asside for future savings :D
I also am saving money cause a friend of mine is going to europe in 3 weeks for 2 weeks and has to score me some HW...
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Spicy-HcHaggis wrote:Look at my blogg under the CASE MOD section that i didnt really have funds left for modding as i went playing paintball and i also had to put something asside for future savings
I also am saving money cause a friend of mine is going to europe in 3 weeks for 2 weeks and has to score me some HW...
Now saving money is one thing Im really bad at!!!! I work 4 days a week, normally Monday to Thursday, get paid a week later and 99% of that money goes towards hardware, modding things or drill bits!
When I get this case done though Im gonna save a bucket load for a Sound Engineering Course @ Cape Audio College and will probably start another mod next year some time....!!!!
By then I should have a decent job so modding should go alot quicker and I'll be able to get better hardware and more expensive mod thingies, my next mod Im gonna go all out! WC and all!
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

silv3rback wrote:
Spicy-HcHaggis wrote:Look at my blogg under the CASE MOD section that i didnt really have funds left for modding as i went playing paintball and i also had to put something asside for future savings
Now saving money is one thing Im really bad at!!!! I work 4 days a week, normally Monday to Thursday, get paid a week later and 99% of that money goes towards hardware, modding things or drill bits!
When I get this case done though Im gonna save a bucket load for a Sound Engineering Course @ Cape Audio College and will probably start another mod next year some time....!!!!
By then I should have a decent job so modding should go alot quicker and I'll be able to get better hardware and more expensive mod thingies, my next mod Im gonna go all out! WC and all!
LoL myself i am also bad at saving up but with my salary i work 12 days a month and to be honest before tax i take home about 12K...
After paying rent and other stuff im hardly left with 50 of it...(if im lucky)
and i'm also saving still for my car, and planning on moving to Ireland end of next year,
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Spicy-McHaggis wrote:LoL myself i am also bad at saving up but with my salary i work 12 days a month and to be honest before tax i take home about 12K...
After paying rent and other stuff im hardly left with 50 of it...(if im lucky)
and i'm also saving still for my car, and planning on moving to Ireland end of next year,
See now, thats not so bad. Im only casualing at the moment so Im bringing in R550 MAX a week so that doesnt leave me much to spend between the fiance, smokes and PC stuff.... This valentines day put serious hold ups on my PC buying side. Im hoping from now on (excluding a couple months before August.... 'managements' birthday!) I should be getting PC goodies whether it be hardware or modding things at least once a week!
Anyway, Im gonna crash. I got a extra lesson tomorrow morning. Im writing my matric sub on Tuesday, wish me luck! Its the prac which means Java...not cool!