What do you love about Linux?

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
brabham

Post by brabham »

What do I love about Linux? I love that I can boast to newbs that I have used an operating system other than windows or mac. :lol: Even though I am still a newb at it I'm sure those games will keep me coming back.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
simmy

Post by simmy »

Non-techie-friends dont have a clue about it, if they see it, you explain to them.
Well this is where I get excited, but they look always clue-less tho! :?
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

Some dude cudnt close a window on my pc cos he cudn't find the X on the title bar :twisted:

now thts wats gr8 abt linux, confusing the heck out of everybody else
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

How about that Linux comes with drivers, generic or not, for most hardware. Except of course the newest things like my motherboard.

The GUI interface is also quick to learn for basic stuff. I have my mom, her friend and my grandfather now using Linux, although all they do is play Frozen Bubble, and Breakout and watch movies over the network, I have to open the directory for them though since I haven't had success at making shortcuts to directories yet.