Mass Effect 3

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by StarBound »

Nah, 8/10 would be too generious :P

The apparent faults are like I said, the game breaking geometry on the normandy behind joker. Then cut scenes will have your characters pop in and out of view. The graphics is better than previous games but doesn't break my card... infect I think even a 5770 can play the game without going under 60fps.

Let's look at the good.
Gfx, better than previous 2 :P . The setting gives a feel of desperation. The redesigned citadel and normandy gets you to where you need to be faster. 1 Second load times. Great character interactions.

So far I am just using Garrus and Javick as my squad mates. Love it when people see a prothean and ask who or what he is.

The Chakram launcher from the reckoning demo has to be one of the west weapons when adding a scope.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

StarBound wrote:Nah, 8/10 would be too generious :P

The apparent faults are like I said, the game breaking geometry on the normandy behind joker. Then cut scenes will have your characters pop in and out of view. The graphics is better than previous games but doesn't break my card... infect I think even a 5770 can play the game without going under 60fps.

Let's look at the good.
Gfx, better than previous 2 :P . The setting gives a feel of desperation. The redesigned citadel and normandy gets you to where you need to be faster. 1 Second load times. Great character interactions.

So far I am just using Garrus and Javick as my squad mates. Love it when people see a prothean and ask who or what he is.

The Chakram launcher from the reckoning demo has to be one of the west weapons when adding a scope.
I agree 7/10. Good game but there are some flaws. Like the disappointing graphics(better than it was but still nothing special) and that the settings for said graphics are very limited, you can change; resolution, brightness and not much else. I dont really like woeful acting in the cut scenes either but the rest of the game is pretty good :D
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Aparently, graphics on the consoles is significantly worse than on the PC. YAY PC!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

GreyWolf wrote:Aparently, graphics on the consoles is significantly worse than on the PC. YAY PC!
:D
ADT

Post by ADT »

GreyWolf wrote:Aparently, graphics on the consoles is significantly worse than on the PC. YAY PC!
that's stating the obvious mate :P
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Lol. Dont bring a console to a pc fight. Meta critic user score is 3.5 but looking at whats been said I fear once I finished the game I will burn it. The most people say the ending is bad, way below the games epic scope, and that the games was designed to be filled out by dlc. So basicly incomplete until next year.
My Steam Screenshots

Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Wishful thinking or a cunning plot?

(spoiler alert)

http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/03/indoctr ... nding-dlc/

10 reasons they hate the ending (spoilers again)

http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/03/top-10- ... 3s-ending/
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Will have to watch the videos at home. Both my options for my character felt like the same ending and I felt kind of ... ripped off? The first one I chose my response was "Okay, that was interesting now lets go back and make the other decision." so I went back and made that decision and it felt like nothing had changed except now instead of lift off there was dominoes. Was very sad... :(

So I am going to play other games for the time being and will come back to ME3 when something has been resolved...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Most people feel as you do. And after watching the above vid from Angry Joe - this was what happened next (it is like a soap = but it actually has meaning for people)

There was a response from Bioware on their board. (Possible spoilers)

http://www.vgrevolution.com/2012/03/bio ... ntroversy/
Spoiler: (show)
“To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare

As co-founder and GM of BioWare, I’m very proud of the ME3 team; I personally believe Mass Effect 3 is the best work we’ve yet created. So, it’s incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the game’s endings were not up to their expectations. Our first instinct is to defend our work and point to the high ratings offered by critics – but out of respect to our fans, we need to accept the criticism and feedback with humility.

I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3’s endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game.

Mass Effect 3 concludes a trilogy with so much player control and ownership of the story that it was hard for us to predict the range of emotions players would feel when they finished playing through it. The journey you undertake in Mass Effect provokes an intense range of highly personal emotions in the player; even so, the passionate reaction of some of our most loyal players to the current endings in Mass Effect 3 is something that has genuinely surprised us. This is an issue we care about deeply, and we will respond to it in a fair and timely way. We’re already working hard to do that.

To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we’re planning to directly address it. However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, I’m proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.

Some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example – has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive. We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary.

If you are a Mass Effect fan and have input for the team – we respect your opinion and want to hear it. We’re committed to address your constructive feedback as best we can. In return, I’d ask that you help us do that by supporting what I truly believe is the best game BioWare has yet crafted. I urge you to do your own research: play the game, finish it and tell us what you think. Tell your friends if you feel it’s a good game as a whole. Trust that we are doing our damndest, as always, to address your feedback. As artists, we care about our fans deeply and we appreciate your support.

Thank you for your feedback – we are listening.

Ray”
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Just keep the title around for some time. They say they are working on an ending but weather thats true or not...
My Steam Screenshots

KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Bought it yesterday and couldn't get it to install. What else? PhysX. Curse you AMD! Curse you! And what the hell is up with Origin? Will need to format. :x
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ADT

Post by ADT »

KALSTER wrote:Bought it yesterday and couldn't get it to install. What else? PhysX. Curse you AMD! Curse you! And what the hell is up with Origin? Will need to format. :x
damn :| , good luck dude
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Actually started a while ago with Homefront, which never worked. Catalyst hasn't been working properly ever since. It was a long time coming. :|
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ADT

Post by ADT »

Thanks that reminds me catalyst 12.3 is out
Spoiler (show)
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Nope dont format. I know a lot of games needs physx installed even though they never use it. Dragon Age Origins pulled the same crap with my Radeon 5870.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12 ... river.html

Thats the physx driver. Just download that and install it.
My Steam Screenshots

KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Too late I'm afraid. I don't think it would have worked in my case though, even if it does for others. The Homefront debacle really did a number on my system. I can't even get Catalyst to install any more. After numerous fresh downloads of PhysX and messing around according to advice on various forums, it is still buggered. Most games still work fine though. Recently installed MW3 and it is fine, but Mass Effect 2 has magically stopped working (complaining about PhysX), along with a few others. Just hope I can load my ME2 save correctly once ME3 works. Hold thumbs!
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

My brother, who is off today, has been formatting this morning and successfully installed Mass Effect 3! Can't wait to get home now. He is quite impressed with the graphics, even though it is only DX9/10. Graphics is maxed out though. I must say, I love my aged GPU! Still being able to run a lot of new games at full spec in DX9/10 for a card this old is amazing. Must be the best R1300 I've ever spent.

Woza 5!
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

It's a DX9 game. The game only uses around 380-450mb of graphics memory, a 580gtx gpu usage sits around 38-40%. That is with the game maxed out. Haven't run a frame test but it seems my fps should be in the areas of 170-190fps. The game just doesn't push hardware. But it does look better than the previous two. Imagine if they actually tried what they could have made the game look like. ...but even that won't save the ending.
My Steam Screenshots

KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

but even that won't save the ending.
I'll see what all the fuss is about soon enough. Image

Hopefully, if it is as bad as everyone says, they'll fix it with downloadable content. :|
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

KALSTER wrote:Hopefully, if it is as bad as everyone says, they'll fix it with downloadable content. :|
Was EAs plan from the beginning :P They are releasing free dlc to address a few things in the end but that will arrive june/july. The biggest counter by bioware being thrown around is that it is the artists view. The problem with that is after 140 hours of game few people can actually see what their choices did in the end.
My Steam Screenshots

RiaX

Post by RiaX »

The choices in the end are not as detailed as most of us want it to be i admit to that considering the detail and rich content of the mass effect universe. Though my take on the ending was some what solid and a decent closure to the trilogy, I believe that it ends of the story and closes it so tightly that it would be difficult to expand on future sequels and i believe the mass effect fans are not ready for this universe to take up shelf space and collect dust yet.

Allow to me elaborate my view on the endings **SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME DO NOT READ ON**
Spoiler (show)
ok firstly we must consider the fact that the situation shepard is in is extra ordinary his story his (or her) moment has been built up ultimately to this decision. Most people see the endings as 3 different colours and claim that it doesnt effectively display the choices that you the player have made during this colossal journey. One needs to understand that the game has setup this type of ending since shepard got injured by the reapers before making it to the citadel. In essence the ending is not the reward of making those difficult decisions but rather it is THE ulimate decision.

the universe evolved around your decisions from vimire whether you kill wrex there or later on the citadel, whether you save mordin ect ect ect, the point is this plays renegade paragon and a combination of both and the ending is that the ultimate decision is the character's defining decision.

the blue ending is the paragon ending - being the saint in a sense you save all life including the reapers at the cost of your own by becoming their master and thus losing your existance as shepard

the red ending displays a wanting to give organic life the chance to prove itself that its not a form of chaos as explained by the entity that controls the reapers give it that unexpected living element that an synthetic life form can never understand, the will to survive and adapt.

the green ending i will admit the idea behind this choice is some what confusing but i take it as the destruction of the old and the rise of a new age of life a hybrid life form (perhaps thats why the colour chosen was green symbolising life)

however the ideals on the ending although extreme and like the game itself most will never have the same view or experience cause its dependent on your view. To narrow mindedly say that the difference is just the 3 colours mean that you probably dont understand what mass effect is OR you you just too lazy to think about it. In the end it boils down to the defining point of the storyline, the choice shepard makes to ascend from the ranks of mortality into immortallity, as a hero, as a saint, as a saviour, or however you played him/her in essence to become a legend. So the game ends with the star gazer telling stories of "the shepard" just like how we are told stories of god, devils, heroes of past... shepard at the end of his/her journey makes into legend. Shepard ended war saved life and shaped the comos by his/her actions so the point protraited by the ending is that yes he is mortal he cant live forever but what he has done has become a legend and has preserved his name in the ages to come (hint hint achilles reference).

now thats assuming you didnt understand what was meant by the ending choice, yes i will admit bioware did sell us a bit short in the differences between the ending cut scenes but they was effective and closed the story of shepard perfectly, perhaps so perfectly that there is no room for more mass effect revolving around shepard and thats why the fans are so pissed of (claiming its hallucinated indoctrination ect ect and formulationg theories keeping shepard alive), they arent ready or cant accept that commander shepards story has ended. I must admit myself i want more mass effect :D and doing other content like rachni wars first contact war is not the point because it wont have that special character that unique character that we have spent years developing with our own personalities.... commander shepard.
With this much debate on the ending thats how you know you have created a master piece, a game where no one has the same shepard no one will have the same ideals and drawn conclusions of the story.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

It comes back to sloppy end design. Like building a pyramid only to find out you didn't place an exit so you smash thru the thing.

Will wait till they released their patch that adds some filler. This will either be saticefying or end up like Naruto.
My Steam Screenshots

RiaX

Post by RiaX »

i dont think its sloppy design i think its genius, the ending allows you to draw your own conclusion. Sloppy between actual differences in the endings but the message behind it is there perhaps a bit too sublte
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Considering that the "detail rich" story of Mass Effect is just a bunch of ideas from other sci-fi forcibly shoe-horned to fit, the more likely answer is as StarBound says.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Does anyone know when the director's cut dlc is launching ?