iPhone 3G S 16GB

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
ADT

Re: iPhone 3G S 16GB

Post by ADT »

Sorri 2 dissapoint u ryanrich, but with 8K i would rather buy a N97, personally it's a better smart phone for me :)
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

ADT wrote:Sorri 2 dissapoint u ryanrich, but with 8K i would rather buy a N97, personally it's a better smart phone for me :)
Hahaha, that's a good one. I've used the N97 dude, as a few of my friends have them (most have gotten rid of them now though). It's not that terrible anymore after a few firmware updates, but still not for me. Read some reviews on it... :lol:

If I were going the Nokia route at this point I would much rather get an N900.

I've had the original iPhone for almost 2 years now and for my needs it's perfect...
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Yup, I'd also take the iPhone over the N97
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

WiK1d wrote:Yup, I'd also take the iPhone over the N97
I can't believe I'm agreeing, but I would too. But I'd use my N82 as my primary phone still, and use the iPhone for music and when I don't need a smart phone
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Monty wrote:
I can't believe I'm agreeing, but I would too. But I'd use my N82 as my primary phone still, and use the iPhone for music and when I don't need a smart phone
But the iPhone is a smartphone!? :?
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

no, the iphone is made by apple. the same people who bring you the mac. its for dummies :P
Monty
Forum Moderator

Post by Monty »

Prime wrote:
Monty wrote:
Not in the true sense - Multi tasking sucks!
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
ADT

Post by ADT »

PureFire wrote:no, the iphone is made by apple. the same people who bring you the mac. its for dummies :P
Good POINT PureFire :)

The iPhone is a really a great smartphone, but i prefer the N97 because of its keypad :o
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Prime

Post by Prime »

Monty wrote:
Prime wrote:
Monty wrote: I can't believe I'm agreeing, but I would too. But I'd use my N82 as my primary phone still, and use the iPhone for music and when I don't need a smart phone
link?
It will probably improve drastically within 2 firmware upgrades :lol:
PureFire wrote:no, the iphone is made by apple. the same people who bring you the mac. its for dummies :P
Lets not start a an Apple VS the rest debate. Its about as ludicrous as debating Windows Vs linux or ATI vs Nvidia. :P
Prime

Post by Prime »

wow, I can see this thread going in the direction of a flamewar :roll:
ADT wrote:
Good POINT PureFire :)

The iPhone is a really a great smartphone, but i prefer the N97 because of its keypad :o
Given that the N97 has a resistive display, thats to be expected. Try the capacitive display on the Hero or Iphone you'll find that its far easier to use for onscreen typing.
Monty
Forum Moderator

Post by Monty »

Prime wrote:
Monty wrote:
Prime wrote:But the iPhone is a smartphone!? :?
link?
I've played with several iPhones - they don't multi task for rocks. And their owners (majority of whom are tech savvy) say that they cant multi task
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Yup, I'm also pretty sure the iPhone doesn't multi-task. Still an awesome phone though.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah it doesn't multi-task. That's about the only downfall, but that has never been a problem for me and what I use the phone for... I'm pretty sure it will be rectified in a future firmware release though, because people moan about it to Apple constantly, and if the improvements that have come to the iPhone since it's initial release are anything to go by, Apple does listen, eventually... It should also be noted that multi-tasking can be enabled if you have a jailbroken phone, which just about everybody does, so there.

If a touch screen smart phone with a proper keyboard is what you're after you can do way better than the N97 though. The Motorola Droid featuring Android v2.0 is about the closest a competitor has come to beating the iPhone so far. Future releases of that platform are going to be very interesting indeed...
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

enGadget wrote:Magellan's new iPhone navigation app won't do much for the iPod touch on its own, but it looks like the company's forthcoming Premium Car Kit will in fact work just fine with the handheld out of the box, unlike TomTom's similar Car Kit. Otherwise, there aren't exactly a ton of surprises, but the cradle is fully adjustable to accommodate a range of sleeves or cases, and it'll of course also charge your iPhone or iPod touch, and give it some amplified sound courtesy of the built-in speaker. The navigation app itself also seems to be more than ready to challenge the competition, with it boasting spoken street names, NAVTEQ maps, 3D landmarks, in-app music control, a pedestrian mode, and a price tag of $79.99. No word on a price or release date for the cradle just yet, but Magellan says it is "coming soon" -- iPhone users can get the app from the App Store right now.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

enGadget wrote:Dynamic Controls unveils integrated iPhone app for wheelchair controls

Dynamic Controls has just taken the wraps off of its new iPhone application which should be of great interest to those who use a wheelchair on a daily basis. The application -- which connects with the wheelchair via Bluetooth and has a built-in charger for the iPhone or iPod touch -- enables diagnostics to check for any problems with the chair. It also allows users to get real-time information, speed information, and compass data.
Zaphrox

Post by Zaphrox »

The only problem, in my opinion, is the lack of full functionality of Bluetooth on the iPhone. I'm also not sure if it is wise to jailbreak it to use a secondary app.

What are your opinions about jailbreaking the iPhone?

I have also been considering the Samsung Jet, so I'm really confused on what phone to get :?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Eish, can never keep up with technology! I just got my 3G S and they're already testing the next one...

I know I won't need it, but will I be able to help myself... :P