The reason games get a bad name

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
rustypup

Re: The reason games get a bad name

Post by rustypup »

hmm...

1) if there were no demand, there'd be no product- arguing that this type of 'game' leads to real world transference is a little backward...
2) given the preponderance of product in amazon's catalogue, how in the name of sam hill does the casual browser stumble on this "game"?...

that being said.... the anti-anime club has been arguing this for a while now... this isn't news... its olds... anime is evil.. :evil: ; P
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Kasyx

Post by Kasyx »

I guess there are two sides to this argument:

First off, having these games out there definitely increases the risk of young kids, or immature adults (read: anyone who can't categorise the experience as "fantastical", and is unable to understand the difference between this sort of game and reality). There will always be people out there who are unable to separate games from reality, and with that in mind, the fact that games like this are readily available is quite a scary prospect indeed. However (and I am in no way referring to Rapelay, but rather games like GTA), I, for one, enjoy some of those games, as, I am sure, do many other "responsible adults", and thus, in the words of Mark Twain; "Censorship is denying a grown man a steak because a baby can't chew it". I do not see many of the games mentioned in this thread as a scourge against society, although I do not refer to Rapelay, which is just sick. I'm sorry, but I classify a game by its plot, replayability, entertainment factor and overall challenge rating; a game needs to have a point and "raping women and their daughters and then forcing them to get abortions" does not constitute a decent game.

On the other hand, one could see the existence of these games as a way to keep people who would otherwise live out these sorts of fantasies in reality from doing so by quenching their blood-thirst in a digital format. I in no way endorse this argument, but I cannot deny its existence. By being able to fulfil their violent, sick fantasies in a game, at least a few psychos may refrain from bringing it into the real world.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

It's now banned in Japan.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Do not underestimate the human race...
If they can twist anything taboo into money gain it will be done.
/sick bastads
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Oh an update btw - this has not been banned.

The US news station ran with a bs story.