Tri-Nations 2008

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

Fish_man wrote:dont start the political bull
have u read jake's book??
Excuse me? Jake said all of this on Carte Blanche, that they were threatening to fire him because he wouldn't let Luke play and that they wanted him (Jake) out because he didn't do what they wanted him to do.

Wake up, get out of that fantasy world..
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

I know about all of that dude i read his book and and i saw Carte Blanche, and i was a big fan off the man , (still is) , and i also think he should have been resigned as the bok coatch

but give the new guy a brake, we don’t know if he is being dictated, so let be happy with what we got
We will see in due time if he is indeed the right man for the job

BTW

It does not matter who the coach is, there will always be people complaining about him , does not matter what colour

so drop the "man of colour" thing
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

Ok I see well it's quite clear that transformation is lingering around. Our hockey teams to the Olympics has to be 50% of colour otherwise they will not go. Our Cricket team has accepted transformation (it was on the news). I tell you straight up concerning the hockey teams going to the Olympics that it is... seriously how can you force a professional player who has dreamed of going to the Olympics and has earned their position to be out of the Olympics because someone with less skill is of colour and needs to play. Shattering..

I am giving this couch a chance, at the start he spoke well but now he seems confused..

Edit: And just to add to your man of colour thing;

Heineke Meyer won the Super 14 last year.

willy Meir has been in the final of the Super 14 and has been very consistent (he is backline couch for the Springboks)

Rassie Erasmus is a very good couch, a little young but he has won a Currie Cup or two.

What is this current couch's credentials to match or beat the 3 above?
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Well man thats just Bull , i dont think thats right at all ........choose the best guy for the job , thats what i always say
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

Well I never heard of this couch when they elected him, I think I did hear he was one of if not Jake's assistant couch (not sure at all). To be honest I think Heineke Meyer did a brilliant job with the bulls the years he was there, he has won Currie Cups and last year a Super 14 so in my mind he would of been first pick, unless they kept Jake. Once again why get rid of Jake a world cup winner?

It's no secret that SARU is full of ....
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

its like u said they got rid of jake beacause he did hid own thing,

anyways the new couch won the world cup with the baby boks (the under 21 or 19's ) cant remember
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

I thought Chester Williams won the under 23 world cup? If this couch did win the U23 or U21 world cup then it's fair to say he deserves to be couch. I will check though but I still have eyebrows raised at SARU. This current couch did have to get something signed that he has the final say in selection (it was on the news) who knows, there has been lots of controversy with SARU and all I hope is we play good and every player that plays deserves their position. (No problems with the current squad they all deserve their position)

Anyway i'm done with this lol too much spam, sorry if I came off in a mean way fish_man, i'm just in a bad mood
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

no worries man .......I just hope get do better saturday

are they playing the same squad this saterday !??
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

I rate the boks will win this weekend

21 - 15

Watch it :)
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Im so want them to win , !!! :D
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I predict the All Black's will win by about 10 - 15 points.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

w000000t!!! I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life! :D
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

FULL TIME: 30 - 28 TO US!!!!!!!!
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Yeah BOYS!!!!!
January ou bees ! :) :) :D :D
Temporary Absence
Worship

Post by Worship »

Awesome stuff, well played!!! :D :D :D :!: :!: :!:
PingPong

Post by PingPong »

OMG what a game! that was incredible, lol, Januarie saved us there :)
jcd

Post by jcd »

Excellent!!! When I woke up I remembered "rugby" and ran to the TV. I missed the first half, but what a excellent second half.

I gotta give Steyn credit for stopping Carter's drop goal attempt right at the end. Brilliantly played boys!

GO BOKKE!!!!
Intel Core2Duo E8200
Chaintech Nvidia 9600GT
2x 1024mb DDR2-800 Trancsend Ram
Biostar P35D2-A7 MOBO
120GB & 250GB SATA2 HDD
CoolerMaster Elite 333 case.
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Yeah it was a tight one. . . But Steyn is a BIG NO NO NO, in my book , he almost cost us the game
Ricky really saved us, and Percy missed a lot of kicks ,

But on the positive side the defence was really great , Carter did not get trough once.

Just for the RECONRD < WE BEAT THE ALL BLACKS @ THE HOUSE OF PAIN> yeah baby w00t!!!!
halo

Post by halo »

Monty wrote:FULL TIME: 30 - 28 TO US!!!!!!!!
the US play in the Tri-nations? Thats news to me :)

Nah, Congrats Boks.... Very tight game but well won in the end :)
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

YEah was an awesome game but just one thing I noticed:

De Velliers never talk but the assistant coaches are always talking into mikes, when January scored everyone celebrated but De Villers looked like he was raging.

Then after we won he was crying, if I didn't know he was the SA coach i would have though he was from new zealand. And what was his speech at the end about !!???

Anyway everyone played awesome and I rate we are gona beat the Aussies by 12 points next week!!!
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
i_r_baboon

Re: Tri-Nations 2008

Post by i_r_baboon »

Our couch has it all wrong.. No players at the breakdown, too many mistakes, running the ball from our try line and the players are rushing everything..

We have Mattfield and Bekker, they are massive and will steal the ball in the line outs so kick out more. We were tackling them back, we have good forwards but we didn't use them at all.

The couch is riding on a good team but he is wrecking what jake accomplished, this is pathetic. He is on his own mission, the same things happened after 95..
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

hmmm , a really CR@PY performance .......all i will say , was a low scoring game until we messed up!! :(
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

This was in a New Zealand paper I believe and I agree with all of it, you will remember our "transformation" debate awhile ago, Fish_man.
Time for the "puppet" to perform

It is time for Peter de Villiers to show that he is up to coaching at the highest-level in the international arena.

The Springbok coach, who was labelled a "puppet" by ex-All Black Craig Dowd last month, is finding out the harsh realities about how tough test rugby is coaching-wise.

But instead of making any meaningful changes to the Springboks over the past month, de Villiers has instead wasted too much of his energy becoming the biggest mouth in world rugby.

On Planet de Villiers, his side's woes haven't been down to a game-plan which doesn't suit his players.

No, instead those cheating All Blacks and poor refereeing are to blame.

Under de Villiers, the world champs are at a very real risk of being transformed into world chumps. In fact he has handed the Boks as easy meat to us.

On the strength of the past month, while de Villiers can talk a good game, whether he can coach one still remains to be seen.

Dowd was spot-on with his criticism of de Villiers.

He is a political pawn, a successful age-grade coach who was partly given the Bok coaching job because of the dark colour of his skin.

The fact that he would help push through transformation in Springbok rugby (transformation meaning more black and coloured faces in the team), and not his coaching pedigree, was touched on by SA Rugby officials at the time of his appointment.

It truly was a bizarre move from SARU considering it really has the chance to push-on and capitalise following the Boks' impressive World Cup victory.

Considering that, what they should have done was to find the best coach for the job. But no, they opt for some high school coach who has absolute no experience at all.

Before being handed the Springbok gig, he had not achieved anything at the highest-level of franchise rugby under test level.

In fact, he had not even been a head coach in the Super Rugby format.

I have attended de Villiers press sessions before and after three tests in the 2008 Tri Nations - the two against the All Blacks in New Zealand and last month's loss to the Wallabies in Perth.

While his verbal offerings might be entertaining, it is not because he is filling the room with a lot of sense.

Instead de Villiers comes across as someone who is not operating in a level which suits his coaching ability.

And it is not just the media who are left with smirks on their faces during his rambling efforts.

On the eve of the clash in Perth, where he again had a shot at officials and perceived cheating opponents, his assistants, willy Muir in particular, were clearly trying to hide smirks on their bemused faces following some of de Villiers' off-tangent rantings.

If the Springboks are to do well in their remaining Tri Nations matches, it will have a lot to do with the work of Muir, fellow assistant coach Gary Gold and the remaining senior players in the Bok side.

However he is starting to sorely test the patience of his senior pros, giving them a verbal spray too in the build-up to the Durban clash.

It is hard to imagine his players are over-joyed at his ongoing attacks on officials either.

Are you too sick of de Villiers' constant moaning?

Do you think any of his points are valid?

And do you too think SA Rugby are now starting to regret selecting an inferior coach for the Springboks?
Edit: I would just like to say that I remember watching the Cricket a week or two ago when Geoffrey Boycott and Shawn Pollock were commentating. Geoffrey Boycott, as always, was being his usual self and he asked Shawn Pollock why Andre' Nel wasn't playing seeing as he is in good form and not injured. Shawn replied saying, "I know why but I can't say" - (not entirely sure of the exact wording but it was somewhere along those lines). Geoffrey Boycott said "just say it" and Shawn spilled the beans that our Cricket team must have 4 players of colour per game and that they only have 3 players of colour on tour and they have to play. Geoffrey Boycott immediately said "I knew it", "that's what I wanted to hear" - (not entirely sure of the exact wording but it was somewhere along those lines).

With all this said, before our last game against New Zealand at Newlands there was open controversy about the selection. Pieter De Villiers had replaced Conrad Janjes for Percy Montgomery at full back aswell as replacing Enrico Januarie' for Fourie Du Preez at scrum half. Our corruption free Government were not happy that two players of colour were being replaced. This put undesirable pressure on Percy Montgomery and Fourie Du Preez. They both had a bad game.

Transformation has been lingering around and I can't really be for or against it because worse happened during apartheid but that's in the past, I do however sternly believe in the "best player for the job" saying.

We have a sensitive media, I understand that, rather keep quiet than get grilled in the media, i'll opt for that but there are quite a few people which I wont mention that should voice their opinions without leniency or possible fear of getting grilled in the media. They are in the publics eye, they have the power to speak their mind whether it be in the news, on a sports show like Boots N All or even in a newspaper. I'm sure many people will agree with them. I have seen some Sports Journalists at Super Sports website touching on a few of the issues but there is too much leniency.

This article which i've quoted above is close to what I believe. It has no leniency or fear in it and they hit our couch hard. We need this sort of journalism here, otherwise there will be no pressure on the people calling the shots and this will continue and our Rugby will keep falling.

No Saru panic if Boks lose -> http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/artic ... &id=266751
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Intrusting.......other than that i will reserve my comment............................
i_r_baboon

Post by i_r_baboon »

Another loss but there was a big improvement to the previous weeks performance. The Australians played good and Robbie Deans is doing some good work. I still think we are playing the wrong game plan although that game against Australia wasn't at all too bad it's just we couldn't put the finishing touches on our moves, we had opportunities. We made lots of mistakes but there is a few good things we can take out of that game and work on.

Still, we are not at the level we should be at considering we are the champions.