Need For Speed: Undercover

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:I wish EA would just stop... omw i wish they would just stop. They are just MILKING the NFS name, and the more games they make, the more the games suck.... MW was an exception, but it was still far from brilliant.

EA should've just stopped at Underground 1
well, technically they should stop, or do it right. I agree with you on NFSU 1 though. Somehow, the graphics got better, but the physics got worse? How can that even happen? did they invest all their money into the visuals department and hand the physics engine over to a bunch of blind monkeys or what?

I do hope that undercover is good, because I am into the whole modding scene...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
WiK1d wrote:Forza still takes the cake. If you take Forza, give it some form of free roam, add a greater car inventory (Such as F1 cars) and add a police segment. That can only be good.
QFT x 98739873123 + 1

Forza definitely sets the bar here.
The comparison going on between Forza, GTR and Grand Turismo is really not on :?.

Forza/GTR/Grand Tursimo = Realism

NFS Series = Arcade racing excluding Porsche.

You cannot compare the 2 its like comparing apples and pears it just does not go. NFS has never been about realism (except for Porsche) not even Pro Street was realistic in handling. I would love NFS to go back to its roots of the Hot Pursuit era my dad is currently replaying Hot Pursuit III and watching the cops drop exploding barrels on your head is quite fun to dodge and makes it more challenging. NFS has always been about fast frantic fun if you want realism look at Simbin, Codemasters and other developers. Complain to them for not releasing newer titles with better handling and cars. Just leave EA to the arcade style racing games however with that being said can someone please explain to me what the below comment means for the game:
Riccitiello also stated Undercover is taking inspiration from action films such as The Transporter, with a large embedded narrative.
So what are we going to be driving taxi's? :?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Anakha56 wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
WiK1d wrote:Forza still takes the cake. If you take Forza, give it some form of free roam, add a greater car inventory (Such as F1 cars) and add a police segment. That can only be good.
QFT x 98739873123 + 1

Forza definitely sets the bar here.
The comparison going on between Forza, GTR and Grand Turismo is really not on :?.

Forza/GTR/Grand Tursimo = Realism

NFS Series = Arcade racing excluding Porsche.

You cannot compare the 2 its like comparing apples and pears it just does not go. NFS has never been about realism (except for Porsche) not even Pro Street was realistic in handling. I would love NFS to go back to its roots of the Hot Pursuit era my dad is currently replaying Hot Pursuit III and watching the cops drop exploding barrels on your head is quite fun to dodge and makes it more challenging. NFS has always been about fast frantic fun if you want realism look at Simbin, Codemasters and other developers. Complain to them for not releasing newer titles with better handling and cars. Just leave EA to the arcade style racing games however with that being said can someone please explain to me what the below comment means for the game :?
We weren't comparing dude. Read our posts properly.

Wik said: "If you take Forza, give it some form of free roam, add a greater car inventory (Such as F1 cars) and add a police segment. That can only be good"

In other words, make a game with those aspects and it'll be awesome. There was no comparison done between Forza and NFS. NFS is obviously an arcade game, and Forza is obviously a sim, and as such, the two cannot be compared.

We were simply saying that if you were to make a game with the above mentioned features, it'll be good ;)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:EA should've just stopped at Underground 1
Underground 2 in also pretty good. The graphics was a sight better and i love the free roaming.

I wonder if Undercover will be DX10 ???
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Wik said: "If you take Forza, give it some form of free roam, add a greater car inventory (Such as F1 cars) and add a police segment. That can only be good"
Cops and traffic just make the game more about luck than actual racing skillz. Abolish cops and on coming traffic. All it does is make the real racing frustrating. A 40+ car grid is more than enough traffic for me.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Speedy1

Post by Speedy1 »

v1p3r wrote:
endev8003 wrote:I agree with you. The world doesn't need another Need for Speed game.
Which one will this be NFS MCMLXII?
I for one love racing games and i don't care if it's from the NFS series/Test Drive series or TOCA series - if it's good is what matters.

The world needs another good racing game - if EA wants to do it under the NFS name, I'll happily accept it.
Couldn't agree more if i said it myself!!!
bosaap

Re: Need For Speed: Undercover

Post by bosaap »

Here we go http://ps3.ign.com/articles/900/900326p1.html
already setting up my date with my game and some burning but november is still a far way ......

http://www.needforspeed.com/undercover/news.action
Thanks to Stuart
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

So over every NFS. GRID FTW! :twisted:
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
bosaap

Post by bosaap »

Something I have realised over the years is that ppl will bad mouth a game before it comes out but then they will get this burning sensation to go out and still buy the game........
Just to find out if they are right about bad mouthing it .....
I know for one i'm like that,,,,, but one thing i can say is that i will stay a NFS fan till they stop making the games or when i can't see on the screen any more
Thanks to Stuart
rsifan

Post by rsifan »

I prefer simulation type racing games but it's always good to have fun with the NFS series. But I must say, I have not completed Pro Street, not because I don't have the time, rather because it was terrible, EVEN for an arcade type racing game!!

I think the best NFS was Underground 1, second was NFS Porsche Unleashed and 3rd was Underground 2, then the rest starting with NFS1........
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/undercover/screenshots
This game looks so awesome!

Some of the cars are:
  • 1995 Mazda RX-7
    2009 Nissan GT-R R35
    2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
    1998 Toyota Supra
    2007 Porsche 997 Turbo
    2008 Porsche GT2
    2004 Aston Martin DB9
    2009 Lexus IS-F
    2005 BMW E63 M6
    2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster
    2008 Audi RS5
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS
    2007 Audi R8
    2006 Audi TT
    2008 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
bosaap

Post by bosaap »

Im waiting for my pre order date hen im ordering it
Thanks to Stuart
mrplaya911

Post by mrplaya911 »

grid is a hell of a good game. i watched the trailer and it looks like a exceleent game but they should of put damage that would make the game way more fun to play and much harder as well thus making it more interesting. it might make some people frustrated thus making people to try and drive better like i said try to drive better but it wont really make a diff.
but still i cant wait to get this game....
--------------------------------------------------------
q9300 @ 3.2ghz cooled by a vendetta 2
Asus Rampage formula
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066
XFX gtx260
320gb + 500gb hdd
Coolermaster 850 watt real power pro
Cm 690
Vista Ultimate 64bit
-------------------------------------------------------
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

mrplaya911 wrote:grid is a hell of a good game. i watched the trailer and it looks like a exceleent game but they should of put damage that would make the game way more fun to play and much harder as well thus making it more interesting. it might make some people frustrated thus making people to try and drive better like i said try to drive better but it wont really make a diff.
but still i cant wait to get this game....
If you want a racing sim get Forza or GTR2, if you want an Arcade get NFS, easy as that.
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

WiK1d wrote:If you want a racing sim get Forza or GTR2, if you want an Arcade get NFS, easy as that.
True... But still, NFS ftw!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

TheModDoctor wrote:
WiK1d wrote:If you want a racing sim get Forza or GTR2, if you want an Arcade get NFS, easy as that.
True... But still, NFS ftw!
Yeah dude, I love NFS, it's just so much fun, you don't HAVE to be serious about racing to enjoy it, in fact, I played NFS Most Wanted again last week, it was awesome.
mrplaya911

Post by mrplaya911 »

nfs will always have its place thats all i can say man
--------------------------------------------------------
q9300 @ 3.2ghz cooled by a vendetta 2
Asus Rampage formula
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066
XFX gtx260
320gb + 500gb hdd
Coolermaster 850 watt real power pro
Cm 690
Vista Ultimate 64bit
-------------------------------------------------------
v1p3r

Post by v1p3r »

TheModDoctor wrote:http://www.nfsunlimited.net/undercover/screenshots
This game looks so awesome!

Some of the cars are:
  • 1995 Mazda RX-7
    2009 Nissan GT-R R35
    2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
    1998 Toyota Supra
    2007 Porsche 997 Turbo
    2008 Porsche GT2
    2004 Aston Martin DB9
    2009 Lexus IS-F
    2005 BMW E63 M6
    2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster
    2008 Audi RS5
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS
    2007 Audi R8
    2006 Audi TT
    2008 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Some nice cars - I'm a BMW man so I'm especially glad the ///M6 is included...Only thing that I'm not sure about is the RS5, The RS6 sedan just came out and Audi only releases one RS car at a time...so the '2008' can't be right
Q9300 Quad 2.5gHz| 2Gb Corsair DDR800| XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Zalman Edition 512Mb | ASUS P5N-D|Antec Nine Hundred|440gb HDDs
==================================
3DMark06 12522
bosaap

Post by bosaap »

Just put my order in for undercover...... According to ZAPS it will be here 21/11/2008...........
This is going to be a long month before i can play it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Thanks to Stuart
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Any word of a subaru in the game?

I really hope this game is good. How I miss underground 2 :( I'd play it again but it will seem ... lonely.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
bosaap

Post by bosaap »

Thanks to Stuart
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

:D :D On pre-order

And I just pre-ordered it. :D It's gonna be a long month.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Just a quick question, since this is an EA game... what is the odds of it having... DRM ='( ?
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
bosaap

Post by bosaap »

The new 2009 Nissan 370Z in undercover b4 its even at the dealerships
http://www.needforspeed.com/undercover/ ... l&pageNum=

*edit*
Redwood City, CA. – October 29, 2008 – EA and Nissan shift into high-gear this holiday! The Need for Speed series continues the tradition of featuring the most desirable cars as Black Box, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Nissan today revealed the highly-anticipated all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z. This marks the first time an auto manufacturer has partnered with a videogame company for the world premiere reveal of a car. The Nissan Z will be available exclusively in this holiday’s hottest action driving title, Need for Speed™ Undercover, available in North America on November 18 and in Europe on November 21.
*edit* the new controls
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1423 ... 02708.html
Thanks to Stuart
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Siemens wrote:Just a quick question, since this is an EA game... what is the odds of it having... DRM ='( ?
Oh crap! I didn't thought about that. I really HATE drm. I buy this game for good money, and now I have to limit myself on how many times I can install it. (I sometimes I format quite often...)
I'm sorry, but if this game is DRM I WILL use a crack. I bought it. I have a right to use it. :?