How will the perfect OS look like?

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:The perfect OS is dos. Never crashed, never had any problems. Any other GUI based OS today has problems - not just the MS ones. Even Apple have problems, but they're not as wide spread because it's not as commonly used as the MS OS'ses are.

Here's a scenario - 10 people each buy 1 apple from the fruit market every day. The apples are perfect, shiny, tasty, not bruised - they are just the way they should be. Those 10 people are happy and carry on buying apples every day because they are happy.
Now imagine there are 1000 people buying 1 banana from the fruit market daily. Some of those bananas are bruised. Some are rotten. But 50% of them are perfect, they way they should be. Does this mean that the fruit market is to blame for the condition of the bananas? Maybe - but isn't it much simpler to have 10 perfect apples available than it is to have 1000 perfect bananas?

When you have a smaller customer base, it is logical that you will have less complaints or issues with regards to your product. If MS and Apple computers roles had been reversed, Bondi would be on these forums every day telling us about how wonderful Windows XP, Intel and AMD are.

Take the recent virus catastrophes, for example. If MAC OS had been the OS of choice, those virusses would have been developed for MAC OS and people would bash Apple in a heartbeat, the same way they did with MS.

Steve Jobs would be the Devil to many people, just the way Bill Gates is "the lord of all evil today."

All this whining about MS is giving me a headache - like I've said a million times before - if you don't like it, don't fricken use it!!! If you do have critisism, make it constructive, and submit it to MS, maybe someone will take note. :evil:
And the point is......???Windows is like a Fat girlfriend every one has one but no one talks about it.?

Windows is like a dog perfectly wll behaved when your looking....

Only1 you sound some what like a DramaQueen.....I hear "Days of our lives" are looking for new castmember...?? :roll: :lol:
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

The point, wizardofid, is that there will always be whiners, no matter what operating system they're using. Keep you flames to yourself - I did not insult or attack you.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:The point, wizardofid, is that there will always be whiners, no matter what operating system they're using. Keep you flames to yourself - I did not insult or attack you.
Points metalcross at Only1....Whoa and the point being..that clearly...you can't take a joke when it comes you way..... but your more then willing to insult other people...??

I love it morning....
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Oh that's funny, where do you see any insults from me?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:Oh that's funny, where do you see any insults from me?
Uh....duh..!! look at your name..??

Only1 only pulling your leg promise........? No harm meant...!!
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

wizardofid wrote:
OnlyOneKenobi wrote:Oh that's funny, where do you see any insults from me?
Uh....duh..!! look at your name..??

Only1 only pulling your leg promise........? No harm meant...!!
Please excuse only1 for being.....It's his mothers fault.

Now only1 can you or can't you take a "good" joke..??
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

:?
Anyway, back to the topic. I wonder if the perfect OS can even come to pas. Check this months PCF. PC heal theyself.
I wonder if any of those things they say there will reach comercial?
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 03 Jun 2004, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I just think that irrespective of how secure MAC OS or windows, or any other operating system is, the more widely known platform will have issues with security since those who try to hack it, will just try harder and harder to break its security. Sure, you might not be able to hack into a Mac the same way you would hack into a Windows PC - but surely it has other weaknesses to exploit.

wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:I just think that irrespective of how secure MAC OS or windows, or any other operating system is, the more widely known platform will have issues with security since those who try to hack it, will just try harder and harder to break its security. Sure, you might not be able to hack into a Mac the same way you would hack into a Windows PC - but surely it has other weaknesses to exploit.
Windose + Mac(e) =Macdose

Why hasn't mircosoft and mac worked together to sort out"some" problems?.
I see this away:

Windows is the biggest platform used.The more user the Bigger the chance of getting hacks ...cracks....Viruses.Put Mac in windows shoes ...mac wouldn't do any better.More software is writen for windows than mac and other OS's combined.

Since windows is the more "used" than any thing else..... system bugs are easier to find as No one user is using same settings...hardware..or software.Mac having less software ...less hardware than...windows...It's obvious that mac has a better chance of "not" getting hacked.

What would you do..... have a system thats pefectly secured but so restricted data moving or changing data requires a password?

Or have system thats more user friendly and less restrictive and take a chance with ...all possible security software and hardware.?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

I just spoke to some one from our IT headoffice there is a money reward for any one who can hack a cisco switch.....??Makes one think?
mrberns

Post by mrberns »

People, relax.

This was started as a funny, light hearted idealistic thread, why does everyone have to take everything so damned seriously.
*insert witty comment here*
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

YAEH!!!

We r sopose to add to the list at the beginning of the thread. Take a look.

Thanx berns.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

mrberns wrote:People, relax.

This was started as a funny, light hearted idealistic thread, why does everyone have to take everything so damned seriously.
Oops! and I started this thread...hmmhm mabye I should make a new post "Why we can't stick to the poster idea"

So Mrberns so what do you think about the perfect os????
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Hi guys

Was pondering what life would have looked like without microsoft....
Came up with this:

1.Software will run on "any" machine
2.The "Blue screen of death" would be a screensaver
3."System crash" would be a system utility.(Hey my system crashed great everthing is working fine then)
4.DirectX would a system benchmarker.
5.Windows would be a GPL
6. A bug would be a software feature.

See if you can add.
-There would be no Microsoft Flight simulater to teach TR's to fly into buildings.
-With no XP the GUI would be lightning fast and would lead to large bladder overload.
-You would not have to Upgrade your OS every week so why do you need the internet.
-There would be no debt to Microsoft when buying an EXTREMELY cheap OS so the world economy would crumble.
-We would lose our favourite passtime of watching scandisk run.
-With no Windows, Open source OS' will flood the NET. Evey Programmer out there will help upgrade the system so that it works better. Linux will become so big and powerfull it will destroy the world!!!!!!!
-The OS will not have the words "XP" or "LongHorn" at the end.
Got some more

-Without Security Holes, Hackers would become endangered.
-Without an activation code. How are we going to laugh at a Company's weak pathetic effort to make a product "Piracy free". (Not my problem, running Win 2000 );
-If a PC doesnt crash, we would never have to dig in and fix it, we would become Stupid.
-There would be no Beady Eyed, Bad haired, Dictators with "Hit me with a Pie" writen all over there faces'.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote:
Hi guys

Was pondering what life would have looked like without microsoft....
Came up with this:

1.Software will run on "any" machine
2.The "Blue screen of death" would be a screensaver
3."System crash" would be a system utility.(Hey my system crashed great everthing is working fine then)
4.DirectX would a system benchmarker.
5.Windows would be a GPL
6. A bug would be a software feature.

See if you can add.
-There would be no Microsoft Flight simulater to teach TR's to fly into buildings.
-With no XP the GUI would be lightning fast and would lead to large bladder overload.
-You would not have to Upgrade your OS every week so why do you need the internet.
-There would be no debt to Microsoft when buying an EXTREMELY cheap OS so the world economy would crumble.
-We would lose our favourite passtime of watching scandisk run.
-With no Windows, Open source OS' will flood the NET. Evey Programmer out there will help upgrade the system so that it works better. Linux will become so big and powerfull it will destroy the world!!!!!!!
-The OS will not have the words "XP" or "LongHorn" at the end.
Got some more

-Without Security Holes, Hackers would become endangered.
-Without an activation code. How are we going to laugh at a Company's weak pathetic effort to make a product "Piracy free". (Not my problem, running Win 2000 );
-If a PC doesnt crash, we would never have to dig in and fix it, we would become Stupid.
-There would be no Beady Eyed, Bad haired, Dictators with "Hit me with a Pie" writen all over there faces'.
Some more:

-"Bootup" would mean kicking the pc.
-Files would all be the same size...think harddrive space...downloading
"your download will be completed in 7..6..4..5..3......
-Forums..?? Whats that again..??
MotoGuzzi

May take some time

Post by MotoGuzzi »

If the PERFECT man is born within the next 2 years, it may take another 30 years befor he can make his move for the perfect OS.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

How about a system with 0% memory leakage and that uses your RAM in such a fashin that it only uses swap space if it is really needed.

Think that would contribute to us actually using Novell Netware as a desktop operating system.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

With the perfect....we wouldn't need the win98 win95 winme win2000 or winxp forums...!!!!!
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

with the perfect OS we would miss our favourite sport of trying to fix a problem,then when you call for help the helper does exactly what you've been doing forr the last 5-minutes in 50 seconds,and it fixes the problem!