Please help, prospective systems analyst in confusion

Get help on programming - C++, Java, Delphi, etc.
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

@Imm: sorry, didn't know!

@Sojourn: Thanx for correction.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

lmm wrote:from what i can see, u need to investigate the cost, marketing etc. u have been told who ur target market is. then u have to design a banking program in whatever programming language u have been studying ie: VB.net, java, C# or C++. with basic function such as debit orders, monthly interest and maybe bank charges and the ability to edit the entries... then put all ur info into the powerpoint presentation...
Oh Imm - Where were you when I was too lazy to do my own damn 1st year projects? :wink:

You're spoiling the kid. Don't. :stern:

@johan

We also used this book. [Systems analysis and design (Shelly Cashman Series).]
Die kursus is 'n breeze broer. My notas en jazz le erens in 'n rak. As ek dit kry sal ek laat weet.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

~~~
Last edited by johankirsten on 04 Apr 2006, 20:30, edited 2 times in total.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

johankirsten wrote:@doo_much: For your information, I'm no kid
I am suitably chastised. *hides behind keyboard* :P

It's called humour. Try it. It helps. :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

:lol: This has to be the funniest thing ive read all day.

:lol: Yoda. You made my day. :lol:

Man im glad I draw pictures for a living.

johankirsten - welcome to the forums. youve have a rough and bumpy start so read the rules and play nice kid.
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

~~~
Last edited by johankirsten on 04 Apr 2006, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Ok kid. Whatever you say. :lol:

Just messing around.

Take it easy.
CountZero

Post by CountZero »

Why did Johan edit out his posts?

Do you think he'll be back?
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

I think he blew up.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

What!

No :!:

The kid left.

Boohoooooo

But seriously.

It is often wondered why new users don' hang around. Maybe because we give them (what they see as) a hard time?
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
jee

Post by jee »

Sometimes when you are "new" its kinda difficult to ask a Q... i know how long i have taken.. and must admit that there are certain things i will only ask in private. hmmm but althouh Mr Kirsten really needed some professional help, he must also bear in mind that there will be a certain amount of teasing. He also mentioned if i remember correctly that he came here to be referred to a place to look for the answers...

I have to admit that often telling someone to "google" is not the correct way of doing it. Dealing with queries like those every day of my life I have learned (and also have more patience;) ) that sometimes one just have to understand what needs to be done in a project before you actually go off to do that. That is only possible if you have read a lot around the subject as well as a bit wider to give you a better understanding. Or to have someone point you in a few directions from where you can start and grew.

I also believe that the more we help the students, the better they will be when we need then to give us a service.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

@jee

If you're right - you're right!

Although by his reaction I think we weren't too far out by calling him 'kid'.

Now if I were the persecutionary (poetic justice!) type, I'd ask a friend that lectures at Tukkies to have a look see if there is a Johan Kirsten enrolled there. :twisted:

Oh the things one could do... :roll:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
jee

Post by jee »

ahh doo_much... one also learn quickly who are those who just want to get you to do everything, and those who are really interested in understanding. I must admit i hate those who do not try first for themselves but merely want you to find them the anwer... it also saddens me cause they will not really learn anything.

Also.. i don't have much time for drama queens... ;)
Last edited by jee on 04 Apr 2006, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Now may be a good time to mention that I used doo_much cause doo_little was taken ...

I'm a lazy bum myself! :lol:

But luckily no drama queen.
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

doo_much wrote:Maybe because we give them (what they see as) a hard time?
hmm..

after a while you recognise the "tells"... in this case my immediate assumptions on reading the original post:

1) Panic
2) Mom/+Dad are paying for this aborted excuse of an education, speaking from experience, when it's your schilling, you tend to actually do some work...
3) Very little effort was expended on actual thought prior to the post.. the wording made this very clear...
4) "Do my work for me" posts will never, and rightly so, warrant any form of helpful comment until such time as the OP displays a little effort.. spoon-fed is *not* educated
5) Education is a gift... this form of flippant approach to the task at hand riles me in ways i never imagined possible.. it speaks to a work ethic that will become the bane of some managers life in a few years...

ah.. .t'helwi'it... I have no problem helping those who are in a genuine jamb... I have no doubt whatsoever that the OP was a leach... and that this particular scenario was mirrored on a number of forums over the last few days.... :roll:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

I've decided to prove you people wrong. I'm busy with the project at the moment and will start a thread with the result that will actually help people that, were like me, are in the darkness. Sometimes you just need some guidance and that's what I'll try and give. Hopefully the replies to that will complement the new thread. Anyway, watch this thread as I will post a link to the new thread from here.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Ahh welcome back. Thats the spirit - fight us sarcastic SoB's all the way!

_________

And after your rather hurried retreat last night I never went and looked for those notes.

Which include references to a number of excellent websites that give precisely the kind of help you need. :cry:

You posted yesterday that only 20-30% of students actually pass this subject? That seems inordinately low. Is it a quess or valid statistic? :?:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

I work for the lecturer (also subject head) presenting this subject, it's real statistics, some other satellite campuses of our university have even lower pass rates on this subject!

BTW, I didn't retreat last night, I just called it quites, cause you uberposters sometimes think you're a god or something, I sometimes also did it on other forums where I was well-known and respected.
lmm
Location: On Cloud nine with bright shining stars and happy smiles.

Post by lmm »

knowledge was given to us and once shared it doubles and finds it way back to us. so why not share all you got??
Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.- Erich Fromm

Lady LMM of Camelot
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Welcome back dude.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Some guidelines to make your stay a happy one.

1. You either fit in or you don't. If you're not sure about this one then you don't.

2. If you don't fit in, don't blame us. Blame yourself and maybe work at your people skills.

3. We have a relative low tolerance for stupid or obvious requests for help. Try to keep these to a minimum.

4. We have no tolerance for arrogance, especially from new members. It ends badly for you.

5. We are here to have fun and exchange knowledge, wit and sarcasm. If you're not having fun see point 1.

6. Respect other members.

7. Moderators are the law. Deal with it.

:)
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
lmm

Post by lmm »

so if ur law what does that make us?
[/quote]
Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.- Erich Fromm

Lady LMM of Camelot
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

law abiding citizens? :twisted:
lmm

Post by lmm »

laws are made to be broken...............

Lady LMM of Camelot
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

So are knee-caps... :twisted: