World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Reticulated

Post by Reticulated »

Wow I cant wait!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe now I can buy gamecards here if its the US version. As for the art book, I do believe the WoW CE was limited unlike some "limited edition" stuff.

To those that are gonna feel wow first hand, rather join a new server than an already full one. People are unforgiving as of a few months ago.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
invader_zim

Post by invader_zim »

Hey anyone know what the minimum connection speed is for WOW? And has anyone tried to play games online with a vlive connection? :?
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Nah Anakha,
From what I read from a previous email from them, WoW won't be getting a local server... They will be going through a EU server which apparently has bit better pings than US servers...

I would have also liked to try this game, but only if it had local servers...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

aren't the European servers down a lot more than the us?

<btw this spell checker with firefox 2 beta 1, is divine...>
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

I'm not sure, since I haven't played this game... Though this was what I read from one of their emails a while back, and so it might have already changed so that we can get local servers...

The guys that are playing it should know if there is gonna be or if there already is a local server....
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Reticulated wrote:Wow I cant wait!
Pun excused.
Shintaro

Post by Shintaro »

We will not be getting local servers. I can guarantee that. Not even Australia got their own servers. I'm playing the game on US servers just fine on adsl unshaped 192. And if you want to really increase your performance in the game, make sure you have 1gb of ram. That made a huge difference for me.

And if i can offer advice, go to worldofwarcraft.com and read through the beginner's guide. Make sure what class you want to be. Try and find a good guild. Decide whether you want to be on a pvp or pve server.

And be prepared to be addicted.
Abn0rm4l

Post by Abn0rm4l »

If you looking for South African Guilds here is a list : http://wowpatch.mrg.za.net/index_files/guilds.htm

I'm Part of Fallen Empïre and would love you to join us:P
Reticulated

Post by Reticulated »

@ D1rtyFr4nk

Sorry Man But I Love W. O.W a lot

Will Not hapen again :oops:
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Muhaha, np man. I was just joking.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

11 days left w00t!
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

Ok, well here is our offer. For those of you who have US accounts and dont want to ditch your high level alliance toons and cant get into Stormrage realm (Stormrage is not accepting transfers), you are welcome to join our up and coming Alliance guild Insidius on the US Blackhand realm. We are primarly a South African based guild and are looking for dedicated players that suite our timezone.

Insidius Website
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Hey can one of you homies explain something to me. What are realms? Are they like a specific server? Is Stormrage one of the best or what the flip? I'm so confused its not even funny.

9 days left till I join you guys w00t w00t... there goes my life... wait, I never had one anyways LOL.
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

Well, when you login to WOW you choose a realm to play on, some realms are PVE (Player versus environment), PVP (player versus player) and their are RP (roll playing realms aswell).

A Realm is not a single server but more a collection of servers. In fact various realms can accomodate one server. For example, when you enter a battleground you are on a different server all together but still in the same realm. :roll: Esh!

From what I have heard from a GM is that blizzard has various infrastructure locations which accomodate 40 realms. This location can be made up of many servers. Thats why sometimes when playing people on one continent experience lag while players on another dont, continents are spread accross servers.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Oh, man thats so complicated. Nearly blew a gasket trying to take that all in. Also PvE and PvP I understand, but what is a role playing realm. Isn't a PvE realm basically a roleplaying realm? Man I am so confused, maybe I should lay off the tik for a while.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

I found this in the official faq. Man this is complex.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/bas ... types.html
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

Yeah you get RPPVP and RPPVE, Role playing realms mean you have to act in character, they are very strict about this.

Basically on a normal realm you go up to some dude and say:
"Hey bru, wassup man?"

On a Role Playing realm you would say:
"Greetings fellow traveller! Wherefore go thee on this fine day in Azeroth?"
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Are you serious? What do you play on? A normal PvE or a RP PvE?

I mean, RP PvE sounds quite ghey. I don't want to be tj00ning okes stuff like that. Is there any benefit to playing on a RP PvE or is it just for all those super geeks who haven't got real lives so they make up ones on WoW?
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

I play on a normal PVE realm not RPPVE

Yeah you are right, it's for geeks that want to act out their characters. Some of them create huge family stories and backgrounds to their characters.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Thats quite ghey. I don't rate I could do that. I would end up tj00ning the china: "yo bruv yo mama be a ugly troll and yo dada be pimpin her yo" and then I would get reported and banned. Thanks for the info mate. I will stick to normal PvE.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Thats quite ghey. I don't rate I could do that. I would end up tj00ning the china: "yo bruv yo mama be a ugly troll and yo dada be pimpin her yo" and then I would get reported and banned. Thanks for the info mate. I will stick to normal PvE.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

I just want to know aswell... I know that the game is split into the alliance and the horde. What I want to know is if you can have characters on both sides one the same account. Therefore can I create an alliance character and a horde one or must I choose either or, but not both?
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

Yeah you can have up to 50 characters spread accross both horde and alliance
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Pretty cool.