Crysis

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
halo

Post by halo »

MIA wrote:Guys, i was wondering... Anyone else having trouble changing the game GFX to Very High? My Very High option is grayed out, ingame and when i'm in the main menu. I dont think its the case that i have a too slow PC. Here are the specs:

XFX 8800 GT 512mb GFX card
Intel C2D E6750 2.66GHz
2 gig DDR2 800 RAM
well, are you running the game in VISTA or Xp... If you are running in XP, then the game doesnt allow Very high because it is a DX10 only setting, but there is a config tweak that you download to enable the setting in XP. As for Vista, you might find that the game is starting in DX9 mode which, again like in Xp doesnt support the very hard setting. IF you are running Vista, try right clicking on the games shortcut and click play in DX10.

hope this helps
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Lol hes running XP...only way the very high options can be greyed out. If you're running Vista, it will give you Very high options which are DX10. Btw the performance hit going from DX9 -> DX10 in this game is a JOKE. Not worth DX10 imho.

Dude give very high a miss anyway depending @ what res ur gonna play this at, its gonna torture your machine - at least at 1680 x 1050 anyway!
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
capanno

Post by capanno »

MIA. Like halo said, you need to manually tweak the files if your running xp. I did it and its relatively easy.

Get files and instructions here:

http://www.ngohq.com/news/12492-crysis- ... -hack.html
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
MIA

Post by MIA »

Cool thx, and yes, i'm running XP. ATM i'm using 1280x1024 resolutions. But it was the 1st time i'm playing the game on my new machine, so i'll be upping that res soon.

EDIT: Thanks Capanno, but if the game doesn't look much better, i'm going to leave it at High.
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
halo

Post by halo »

MIA wrote:Cool thx, and yes, i'm running XP. ATM i'm using 1280x1024 resolutions. But it was the 1st time i'm playing the game on my new machine, so i'll be upping that res soon.
As Cap said, just download the files and you are off... Very high and High arent worlds apart so it might be worth the performance hit but i guess it comes down to what you consider to be a playable res and a playable performance :) Enjoy, its a good game.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Doesnt the tweak up your texture detail, add light rays and changes the way colour is displayed for a more natural feel?

I dont remember a major performance hit using the tweaks.

www.tweakguides.com/crysis_1.html

Hope the link is stil valid. Shows how much more crysis can be on XP.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
halo

Post by halo »

StarBound wrote:Doesnt the tweak up your texture detail, add light rays and changes the way colour is displayed for a more natural feel?

I dont remember a major performance hit using the tweaks.

www.tweakguides.com/crysis_1.html

Hope the link is stil valid. Shows how much more crysis can be on XP.
there is a performance Hit, but not as bad as in DX10... I didnt see a world of difference running the Game in DX9 or DX10 with very high setting... Sure the particle effects are better in DX10 but that doesnt warrant the drop in performance...
MIA

Post by MIA »

Thx for the help all.
But i have another question. When you destroy a helicopter (whether its with a rocket launcher, or sniping at the tail router), you get all the pieces of metal falling to the ground as expected. Now what happens is this: The metal hits the ground, then bounces a little in the air and hits the ground again, and again, and again. And every time it hits the ground, it would make its normal metal-hit-the-ground sound and when you have 3 to 4 pieces of metal hitting the floor 10 times each, makes a crap load of noise.

What i actually want to ask is this, does this happen to anyone else? I have noticed that it sometimes happens when a car explodes too.

Just a btw, i have no patch installed, still at version 1.00 (or whatever version the game came out with). In all the patch notes i have read, i didnt see this problem fixed in anyone of them. And as the patches are 200MB+, there is no way i can download them :(

Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yes it happened to me. Especially in the harbor. **** chopper fell on the train in front of the warehouse and the sound loop drove me insane.

A replay will not fix it though. It's essentially a known, unfixed, never to be fixed as per Crytek, game bug.
MIA

Post by MIA »

Glad i'm not the only one with this problem, but why not fix it? I dont know much about programming, but i cant think that its that hard to fix the problem.

VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

The fix...

Throw a grenade at the bouncing objects and blow the ........ out of it. I'm sure that might work. I mean if the enemy in the level don't hear the sound loop I'm sure they won't react to an exploding grenade.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Re: Crysis

Post by D3PART3D »

NECRO :D

So I'm finally playing Crysis. :mrgreen:

Do any of you guys have tips for handling gunfights? I'm tired of sneaking in the bushes and picking of enemies one by one :( but if I just rush in I get pwned.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

D3PART3D wrote:NECRO :D

Do any of you guys have tips for handling gunfights? I'm tired of sneaking in the bushes and picking of enemies one by one :( but if I just rush in I get pwned.
Frag grenades :wink:
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Use cover.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

D3PART3D wrote:NECRO :D

Noob. :P Nano suit... hello?...

Sniper rifle for sniper towers, not every bogie you spot. Draw attention, use cover, then crouch and flank the group. You'll down 3/4/5 guys easy if you jump them from the back. Patrols always move in groups. Take down leaders first before they radio for backup and the rest will scatter. Shooting at choppers aim for the rotor. Shooting at vehicles aim for the petrol tank. Shooting at tanks, well... don't shoot at tanks, run the **** away! Using a silencer increase hitpoints, so don't use it in group fights but silencer + nightvision when you have to track back from the lab, excellent combination. Likewise yeah the tracers looks cool but don't use it when jumping patrols, it gives away your cover.

You should actually enjoy sneaking around early in the game. Once the aliens hit your forced to play fast.

And as with any FPS practise headshots. The biggest gun doesn't make it the best one.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

LIES! The rocket launcher and infinite ammo will own everything... almost everything.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.