Crysis

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
capanno

Post by capanno »

*spoiler alert!*

Just finished it! Damn! I thought its going to get insane when you return to the island... I hope it does not take long for the next installment, because I can't wait to blast the alien scum out of the sky. That alien in the end that climbs/flies over the carrier is fkn huge!

*/spoiler alert!*

Im very impressed with the scale of the game and how believable it all was made, even in such an unrealistic setting. Its so epic! Definitely the best game Ive ever played. Its going to take something spectacular to beat this.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

VinceThePrince wrote:The fun starts once you get out.... :D
That's the damn problem, I'm stuck in this huge bottom room and I dunno how the fudge to get out. It's the room with the like, force field walls that disable every now and then, and then the docking pods. HELP!
Sickwacky

Post by Sickwacky »

WiK1d wrote:
VinceThePrince wrote:The fun starts once you get out.... :D
That's the damn problem, I'm stuck in this huge bottom room and I dunno how the fudge to get out. It's the room with the like, force field walls that disable every now and then, and then the docking pods. HELP!
The what? :? which part of the game is that?
SurvivOrX

Post by SurvivOrX »

Dude, the one next to the moving thingy? Where the other thing moves that object, and you have to do something quickly by it.

Geez man, how cant you know where it is that we are talking about, you sure you even played the game?

Lol.
Sickwacky

Post by Sickwacky »

ROFL :lol:

no really? :P
pienkie

Post by pienkie »

Hey peeps, my pc ain't that grand, i can run the game, but on medium-low settings, is it still worth it?
AMD Tri-Core 720BE @ 3.5Ghz
Biostar TA790GX A3+
4gig OCZ Platinum DDR3-1333
ATI HD4890 @ 1050Mhz Mem / 900Mhz Core

3DMark06: 16 529
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

If you can run it on medium detail then get it. It looks on medium better than almost all games to date on high. Infact crysis medium is higher than the Unreal based games high detail.

But if your looking for story background then I'd say bioshock has been an interesting game. And I actually enjoy gears of war except microsoft has no idea WTF VSYNC means.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

I got out :P
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

capanno wrote:*spoiler alert!*

Just finished it! Damn! I thought its going to get insane when you return to the island... I hope it does not take long for the next installment, because I can't wait to blast the alien scum out of the sky. That alien in the end that climbs/flies over the carrier is fkn huge!

*/spoiler alert!*

Im very impressed with the scale of the game and how believable it all was made, even in such an unrealistic setting. Its so epic! Definitely the best game Ive ever played. Its going to take something spectacular to beat this.
^
Spoiler alert again...

Notice ALOT of Aliens flying in the sky (at the end when you on the ship), going in different directions... I wonder if that means they headed out into the open world which could indicate that there will be an expansion pack where the Aliens have overtaken the world.

Should be interesting.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

There's going to be a Crysis 2 and 3 Nealster ;) confirmed by Crytek.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

Just outta interest in medium setting do you get all the fancy physics (like branches bending out of your way)?

Cause on low you dont you can still break trees however but the trees react like in far cry. You just walk through them.

Btw - I was playing the demo with a 9600XT :oops: and could only run on low.Dont worry though that will change soon. Im not playing any new games until my new rig arrives.
Fry: Hey, wait, I'm having one of those things…you know, a headache with pictures.

Leela: An idea?

I LOVE THIS :-)
FTB_Screamer

Post by FTB_Screamer »

Has anyone enabled the r_sunshafts setting on XP?

When I enable it on my install my average fps drops about 3 fps, but my minimum goes up from 19 to 23 :? .

I can recreate it time and again, and If I disable it, min fps are back to 19 and enabled it goes up to 23. It only seems to affect my max fps which explains the drop in average fps. Gamplay wise i can't see the difference in performance, except that the max frames are lower.

I've done a lot of tweaking and stuff, and there's a lot of stuff, for insance textures on very high, which has almost no impact on the framerate(in the GPU benchmark anyway), when comparing High and very high, but you do see a differance.

I'm now at a point where most of the very high settings are enabled to a certain degree, with at most an average of 1 fps drop compared to high, and it does look better than high. I will have to continue playing the game now to see what the impact is on the different levels.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

StarBound wrote:If you can run it on medium detail then get it. It looks on medium better than almost all games to date on high. Infact crysis medium is higher than the Unreal based games high detail.
I'm glad you said almost.
pienkie

Post by pienkie »

StarBound wrote:If you can run it on medium detail then get it. It looks on medium better than almost all games to date on high. Infact crysis medium is higher than the Unreal based games high detail.

But if your looking for story background then I'd say bioshock has been an interesting game. And I actually enjoy gears of war except microsoft has no idea WTF VSYNC means.
Already hav bioshock, digging it... haha. Ah ok, iv been looking at GoW, basicly its between GoW and Crysis (having the stf-all cash that i hav) and i think itll be GoW. Thx.

Soz for OT.
AMD Tri-Core 720BE @ 3.5Ghz
Biostar TA790GX A3+
4gig OCZ Platinum DDR3-1333
ATI HD4890 @ 1050Mhz Mem / 900Mhz Core

3DMark06: 16 529
VinceThePrince

Post by VinceThePrince »

If I were you, I would seriously do what I can to get Crysis... Really Awesome Game....
Admiral Of The First Task Force - 1st South African Fleet [ Star Trek: Online]
*****Luciendar J Bethesda*****
***Ships: The USS: Kit Rae and The USS: Kabal***
** Science and Exploration Officer **
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Albeit I have only played it on low, this game runs quite acceptable on my system.

I can however not say I am woo'd by this game. AI has some amazing eye-sight, being able to see me after cloak running through trees to try and dodge them...

Also, its soooo linear - Hell, I cant even control my camera and view during those stupid short in-game cinematics... Why do I get moved around instead of moving myself when I stay in the area in any case?

I dont know. COD4 was AWESOME. Crysis left me feeling cheated and like this was a 100% linear game... Hell, it reminds me of Half Life 2. Except, I preferred HL2 to this... And that is not saying much...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Slasher wrote:AI has some amazing eye-sight, being able to see me after cloak running through trees to try and dodge them...
They can has hear you. And they can spot the movement of foliage you pass through.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Slasher I could not have said it any better....

I know many ppl would love the game, but for me it just wasn't all that great. Funny how some ppl find this game linear (so do I), where most ppl belief that the game is revolutionary in that respect...
Hman

Post by Hman »

Yeah it's linear but only from the alien ship level.

viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Slasher wrote:Albeit I have only played it on low, this game runs quite acceptable on my system.

I can however not say I am woo'd by this game. AI has some amazing eye-sight, being able to see me after cloak running through trees to try and dodge them...

Also, its soooo linear - Hell, I cant even control my camera and view during those stupid short in-game cinematics... Why do I get moved around instead of moving myself when I stay in the area in any case?

I dont know. COD4 was AWESOME. Crysis left me feeling cheated and like this was a 100% linear game... Hell, it reminds me of Half Life 2. Except, I preferred HL2 to this... And that is not saying much...
you run while cloaked?

I tend to cloak and hit the deck
Hman

Post by Hman »

I tend to use cloak to move from cover to cover. When in cover I switch to strength mode, go prone, and whip out the precision rifle / gauss rifle.

Maverickus

Post by Maverickus »

wooohooo, i finally installed vista ultimate, directx10 and am getting my crysis tomorrow!

can't wait
Hman

Post by Hman »

And DX10 is not going to do anything for you.

viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Hman wrote:And DX10 is not going to do anything for you.
Except slow things down to a crawl :D
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

viceroy wrote:
Hman wrote:And DX10 is not going to do anything for you.
Except slow things down to a crawl :D
As will Vista