What game are you currently playing?

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
zimmer-frame

Re: What game are you currently playing?

Post by zimmer-frame »

Just finished Homefront on the weekend. Back to playing BFBC2 online. Have my second varsity module starting next week, so no gaming for 6 weeks until assignments are in :evil: :evil:
Intel i-7 950 (4Ghz with HT on) / 3 X 2Gb Kingston Hyper-X (1600MHz) / MSI X58A-GD / 2 x EVGA Nvidia 1Gb 460GTX SuperClocked External Exhaust / 320gb Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD + 2 x Seagate 1TB SATA 6Gb/s/ Corsair H70 Hydro Water Cooling / Corsair TX 850W PSU / CoolerMaster HAF-922 / 2 x 22" Fujitsu LCD Wide
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

How was Homefront? Any good? Have considered getting it, but there are so many games these days that look good, but turn out to be very average.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Homefront is apparently really good but WAY too short.
zimmer-frame

Post by zimmer-frame »

The Homefront cover picture pretty much covers my thoughts on the game, ie. anyone that bought it needs to be taken in to the back yard, blindfolded and shot.

Ok, stuff I liked about the game. The weapons. Almost from the start you have access to pretty decent hardware and while a lot of the weapons are the same, just with a different red dot sight etc, it makes the game pretty decent. One issue I had with it is the limited ammunition count you can wear. When I did military service in South Africa our combat vests could take up to eight 30 round magazines. That was just in the designated pouches. It still could carry two days food, two litres of water, and even two 60mm mortar rounds in support of the platoon mortar team. Why on earth could I only carry like 80 rounds of ammunition on some weapons then?

Now let me start with my major gripes. Steam! It took me about 5 days to download the missing parts. It sucked! No SLI support. I played the entire game on one of my GTX460′s. This I could probably blame this on Nvidia though. The AI sucks…terribly.. The farm stage where you sneak past the enemies is a joke. Talking about the enemies, please can they look more realistic? At the Golden Gate bridge they look like Star Wars stormtroopers.. Wtf?

Huge gripe, the short single player compaign. Something like 4 hours, including having to retry some stages several times. Being a adult now, I buy games, I don’t bother pirating / copying them. It’s a pain anyway. When I spend my hard earned cash on a game, I want value for money. Far Cry 2, long objectives, intelligent AI, realistic weapons and awesome scenery = Win! BFBC2, It took a few nights to finish, love the multiplayer, never regretted buying the game. Mass Effect 2, I played the campaign twice! Loved it! Never regretted buying it.
Medal Of Honour 2010, while interesting, took way to quick to finish. Big regret. Metro 2033, interesting concept, made my machine work a bit due to full DX11 support, but also a regret, due to the same Steam *****, limited ammunition concept, and ridiculous level of difficulty in the end. Rumours of all sorts of issues with Crysis 2 including only DX9 support has put me off buying it.

If you bought Homefront, I’m sorry to hear it. Return the game, and smack the salesperson that sold it to you in good conscience.
Intel i-7 950 (4Ghz with HT on) / 3 X 2Gb Kingston Hyper-X (1600MHz) / MSI X58A-GD / 2 x EVGA Nvidia 1Gb 460GTX SuperClocked External Exhaust / 320gb Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD + 2 x Seagate 1TB SATA 6Gb/s/ Corsair H70 Hydro Water Cooling / Corsair TX 850W PSU / CoolerMaster HAF-922 / 2 x 22" Fujitsu LCD Wide
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Playing Dragon Age for the second time... :D
Animal

Post by Animal »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Playing Dragon Age for the second time... :D
Never played it. Is it really that good?

Got Shift 2 and Crysis 2. Played both only for about 15 min each, but I liked what I saw so far :)
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Facebook Blackjack.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Synthesis wrote:Facebook Blackjack.
:lol:
Animal wrote:Never played it. Is it really that good?
Do you like RPGs? If so... GET IT NOW.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Oblivion...again...
Trying new tactics and new quests...
"Because I don't say it...don't mean I ain't thinking it!"
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Rajiv wrote:Oblivion...again...
Trying new tactics and new quests...
Playing that game and the expansions three times...
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

OK...
Started new in Fifa 2008 - Manager mode
"Because I don't say it...don't mean I ain't thinking it!"
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Finally trying Crysis 2.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Finished Crysis 2 and Dragon Age (again). Suppose I'll give The Force Unleashed 2 a try now and maybe Disciples III.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

scavenger646 wrote:S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat
I kinda enjoyed that game :)

I'm playing F1 2010 which is really fun. Just not sure how to speed up my pit crew. 30second pit-stops is not cool.

Also playing BulletStorm. It gave me motion sickness in the begining. After that I started to really enjoy the game.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

I REALLY want to play Dragon Age 2... but a lack of cash right now is a problem. Play Dragon Age a third time? :P
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Mystical_Titan wrote:I REALLY want to play Dragon Age 2...
go play mass effect/2 then....

where did you ever see an RPG where you can run around in circles avoiding mobs until you recharge enough to attack :| rpg for dummies... seriously disappointing...

for the record:
  • :-rediscovering minecraft with weather, (which adds that something special), and
    :-neighbours from hell - silly, but a delightful blend of entertaining and fiddly...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

rustypup wrote:where did you ever see an RPG where you can run around in circles avoiding mobs until you recharge enough to attack :| rpg for dummies... seriously disappointing... ]
The japanese Samurai/Ninjas used such tactics when they were outnumbered. Run away then when the groupd chases after you, obviously they dont run at the same pace and then the just keep fighting off the fastest. Not really the same as what you are saying but still somewhat related.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

(their other tactic was to run in a narrow alley so that only one enemy can face them at a time. Source: Rurouni Kenshin.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

rustypup wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:I REALLY want to play Dragon Age 2...
where did you ever see an RPG where you can run around in circles avoiding mobs until you recharge enough to attack :| rpg for dummies... seriously disappointing...
Nobody's perfect. :lol:

And I resent being called a dummy. :?
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Nobody's perfect.
given it's roots, it's a huge leap backwards into a rat-infested cesspool :/
Mystical_Titan wrote:And I resent being called a dummy. :?
pacifier? :P
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Everyone's taste differs... so don't label other people 'cause their taste is different to yours. :)
crathob

Post by crathob »

Minecraft - Up to hour #20 probably, I keep finding new things to do :)
Operation Flashpoint - Dragon Rising - Got it the other day, Co-op LANed it with my friends, played ever since.
Specs: CPU - Intel C2Q Q8400 stock clocks, Graphics card - Saphirre HD5770, Mobo - No idea (Intel OEM board), RAM - 2x2GB DDR2 800mhz, HDD's - 160GB Seagate - 1TB Seagate, 550w FSB powergroup psu, Case - Aerocool CyborgX
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Mystical_Titan wrote:don't label other people 'cause their taste is different to yours.
neverwinter nights 2: >400 spells, >400 feats, intense battles requiring tactical use of all team mates..

dragon age origins: <100 spells, <100 feats, superfluous companions, inane sexual content for mouth-breathers ala ME/ME 2...

dragon age 2: <50spells, <50 feats, no more intelligent battles, hit-and-run silliness like any FPS on the market, inane sexual content for mouther breathers...

hmmm...

apologies to have to point it out, but the game is an abysmal approximation of an RPG... i'm going to go ahead and label anyone who raves about it... even Anakha56... actually, especially Anakha56... :twisted:
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

crathob wrote:Operation Flashpoint - Dragon Rising
brilliant game :D are you planning on grabbing Red River as well?

also, welcome to the forums! be sure to pop in >>here<< and give us just enough personal detail to assign you an official stalker...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

rustypup wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:don't label other people 'cause their taste is different to yours.
neverwinter nights 2: >400 spells, >400 feats, intense battles requiring tactical use of all team mates..

dragon age origins: <100 spells, <100 feats, superfluous companions, inane sexual content for mouth-breathers ala ME/ME 2...

dragon age 2: <50spells, <50 feats, no more intelligent battles, hit-and-run silliness like any FPS on the market, inane sexual content for mouther breathers...

hmmm...

apologies to have to point it out, but the game is an abysmal approximation of an RPG... i'm going to go ahead and label anyone who raves about it... even Anakha56... actually, especially Anakha56... :twisted:
I'm going to buy Dragon Age 2 just to annoy you. :lol: