World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Wow players on this forum.

Post by StarBound »

Maybe a US realm for australians? But I played with 1018ms on one of those :(
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Jam will probably play US PVE RP server, alliance.
We are talking about Aussies here, people.

So no chance to gank. You can /wave however.
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Sojourn wrote:Jam will probably play US PVE RP server, alliance.
We are talking about Aussies here, people.

So no chance to gank. You can /wave however.
If thats the case, he should roll on Moonguard and spend time in Goldshire on there.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I'm playing on the Oceanic servers, rolled a Human Paladin on Azeroth to start... just chillaxing at the Inn in Goldshire till I get back from work tonight...

Sojourn is right, I'm doing PvE as every n00b should. I'm only level 7 so far and still getting slaughtered by every critter I get too close to in Elwynn Forest - will be a while before you see me around in PvP.

Thanks for all the gank threats, know that I would absolutely do it to any of you if positions were reversed :P
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Awwww thanks Hamin... threat reversal appreciated
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Did my first heroic tonight. (Ever.)

Bloody hell, those things are hard if you've just geared up for them! :P
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

My first HC was in Northerend. It was easy because everyone else was already over geared for it.

We are finally starting with our raids tonight. First time we managed to get everyone together for a proper raid.

Oh wait we did Baradin Hold on Thursday.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

That is something everyone seems to forget. Vanilla wow didnt have gear optimization. You did MC in some greens because it was your best item for the job. Alot of the old instances were hard because your gear range was always less than the mob level in those dungeons. With full heroic gear and some epics even these heroics are easy. We did struggle in the first few heroics until we outgeared them in wrath. TBC heroics stayed on the hard side.
My Steam Screenshots

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I have an idea that cata heroics will also always stay on the hard side... a lot of the bosses has strat you need to follow or you won't make it no matter what gear you have.

Oh and Magmaw 10 : Symphony Of Destruction 0

That was a :lol: and exactly what I expected.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

We are doing Artamedes. Nice to finally do a new fight. But cata hc will get easier just like wrath if not more. Those gear levels are extremely far apart.

Bought RIFT today on steam. Gonna check that out for a month.
My Steam Screenshots

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Yeah, at the moment, I have three ilvl 346 items (one from justice points, one as a reputation reward and the third from a drop), with most of the rest of the gear being a mix of ilvl 333 and 325 items (still one 316 left though). At least they're all blues. ;)

Of course, it's harder when it's your first heroic, you're the tank, and you're thinking in the back of your head "please don't let me wipe the group"... :P
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I did the Deadmines dungeon last night with a friend who is lvl 85 and could one-shot every boss - I just let him kill everything in sight and ran behind him looting :D
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

@hamin...

we call that boosting.... some nice low lvl loot in vanilla deadmines... if you hit 38-45 try and do as many runs of Stratholme as you can.... you won't be sorry. Especially if the mount drips from the last boss. Undead horse is undead :P

Oh and your friend will probably be able to 1 shot anything in Stratholme as well. I do TBC runs for reputation and there are some bosses over there I only have to hit once. Oh and I run through and just frost nova or arcane explosion the trash into oblivion... Waaaay easier since you start getting ilvl359 gear

@WonWon...
I got some 359's made myself 2 items with tailoring... All I want now is those damn crystals for enchanting... takes 3 of the things to make a decent chest enchant and the crystals costs over 1k each on our realm.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

^^ Those crystals cost ~2,200 on my realm - and to get all of the enchants I need to be raid ready, I need 10 of them. :cry:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

It is actually easier for me to simply make ilvl359 gear with tailoring and then disenchant them. I just checked there are currently like 3 crystals on auction.

BTW to start with the lower end raids you don't need the cata enchants. Start off with some lower spec ones. But you have no excuse regarding the tailoring enchants on your legs and back as they are really and I do mean really cheap if you do the enchant on your own gear. Costs me about 20-30g for a personal leg enchant.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Crystals are 2-3k on our realm aswell. Did Jamin say he is alliance or horde? At current my gear is 354 I believe but I am still missing my main weapon. And no you cant 1 shot strats bosses. They have around 40k hp which is a boost from what they use to have before the shattering.

Still Jamin I hope your doing some quests. There is a quest in Westfall that spoofs CSI. In Azshara there is a rocket tram system thats awesome to ride. Lots of other stuff here and there that shouldnt be missed like the bioshock quest in stonetalon mountains for horde.
My Steam Screenshots

GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

iLevel 350 here. all 346 with 4 x 359s. Baradin Hold is a joke. The HCs are harder. Have done them all. If you have a group with a low ilvl just remember to cc a lot. If you are higher geared and have experience players you can manage without. 2 Bosses I found annoying are the 1st one in Shadowfang Keep and the wind drake in Vortex Pinacle. **** those guys.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

The one in shadowfang doesnt heal anymore. And the Wind drake knocked me off in the battle before I even got started once.
My Steam Screenshots

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

StarBound wrote:Crystals are 2-3k on our realm aswell. Did Jamin say he is alliance or horde? At current my gear is 354 I believe but I am still missing my main weapon. And no you cant 1 shot strats bosses. They have around 40k hp which is a boost from what they use to have before the shattering.

Still Jamin I hope your doing some quests. There is a quest in Westfall that spoofs CSI. In Azshara there is a rocket tram system thats awesome to ride. Lots of other stuff here and there that shouldnt be missed like the bioshock quest in stonetalon mountains for horde.
Well if you hit on average for 28k then I would assume you can 1shot a 40k boss. To boot I have seen recount stats where I crit for well over 70k in some cases.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I take you play a mage then?

My hunter does 17-20k crits with cobra shot. 18-20k crits with explosive shot but those are raid figures. In BM spec my kill command crits for 26k and with beastial wrath for up to 35k. As for constant dps I do around 20k. I have seen my warrior do a critical slam for 38k though and the paladins templar strike crits for around 30k aswell.
My Steam Screenshots

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

My problem is I am still sitting with 2sec cast times on AB which seriously drops my sustainable dps.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

StarBound wrote:My hunter does 17-20k crits with cobra shot. 18-20k crits with explosive shot but those are raid figures. In BM spec my kill command crits for 26k and with beastial wrath for up to 35k. As for constant dps I do around 20k.
When you say 20k constant.. do you mean that is your average throughout a 5 man hc? cos that is a LOT of dps! :shock:
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:@hamin...

we call that boosting.... some nice low lvl loot in vanilla deadmines... if you hit 38-45 try and do as many runs of Stratholme as you can.... you won't be sorry. Especially if the mount drips from the last boss. Undead horse is undead :P

Oh and your friend will probably be able to 1 shot anything in Stratholme as well. I do TBC runs for reputation and there are some bosses over there I only have to hit once. Oh and I run through and just frost nova or arcane explosion the trash into oblivion... Waaaay easier since you start getting ilvl359 gear

@WonWon...
I got some 359's made myself 2 items with tailoring... All I want now is those damn crystals for enchanting... takes 3 of the things to make a decent chest enchant and the crystals costs over 1k each on our realm.
Just a question about Stratholme. Does Baroness Anastari still use Mind Control? It is going to be painful if you get boosted through Stratholme with an 85 and he gets MC'ed.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

endev8003 wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:@hamin...

@WonWon...
Just a question about Stratholme. Does Baroness Anastari still use Mind Control? It is going to be painful if you get boosted through Stratholme with an 85 and he gets MC'ed.
Ye she does in fact still employ MC as a tactic against you. But she only uses it after a certain amount of time so you can seriously whip her before she gets to that point.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

GreyWolf wrote:
StarBound wrote:My hunter does 17-20k crits with cobra shot. 18-20k crits with explosive shot but those are raid figures. In BM spec my kill command crits for 26k and with beastial wrath for up to 35k. As for constant dps I do around 20k.
When you say 20k constant.. do you mean that is your average throughout a 5 man hc? cos that is a LOT of dps! :shock:
No thats raid with normal raid buffs. I do around 12-16k in heroics because a target would die halfway during a proc or cast. And that is single target on non-fight buff bosses. I might be wrong but I was second on the halfus fight with either 30k or 60k dps. But that is a raid buff boss with each drake dead he takes 50% more dmg. And Omnitron says around 20k because I dont stand in the arcane puddles or attack him while in the poison cloud.

But our raid dps is off the chart. We bring Maloriak into phase 2 before his 2nd rounds potions are done. I even spent the entire 2nd round bringing the adds down a bit.
My Steam Screenshots