Cd or DVD option.

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Wow... The thread that gets about 6 posts and then draw's silence for a month... Repeat... Repeat...

junjun, having bought PCF for that last few years and before that I was a NAG fan, I now buy NAG again, mainly for the DVD...

However, on your accusations of that there is nothing really good to read, I must ask you to prove this.

Just because of the fact that they dont solely review PC games and tons and tons and tons and tons (Yes, this is how much PCF does) of hardware, does NOT mean the articles arent good. I actually found out quite a few really interesting things from the first DVD NAG I bought... At this again, Im not saying that PCF dont have any goood writing, I just hate the cover disk as it is. I am a gamer, not a person looking for 10 overclock utilities a month. So sue me...

The NAG DVD is a beaut and as long as they have it at the current price I WILL support them. The DVD has quite a few worthwhile demo's and free games on it and that is what I want.

Jee , I've been playing on the railroad since this thread started. I still dont understand why PCF cannot do the same as NAG though... Again, not looking for trouble, just an explanation...............
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Mr-G

Post by Mr-G »

So, I believe that I PC Format is coming with a DVD next month. However I am not certain if this would be permanant. However I dont think they would make such a fuss over it (I am talking about Cameron) if it is not going to be permanant. It would meen then that PC Format is doing something "special" for their birthday which NAG does every month. :? So I HOPE its DVD from now onwards.
Mr.G >>> MY MSN >>> (garrodio@hotmail.com)
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Cameron has addressed this issue in another thread.....it seems that the cover DVD will be replacing the CD :) [Three cheers for PCF.....cheers NAG]
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Mr-G

Post by Mr-G »

yay!
Mr.G >>> MY MSN >>> (garrodio@hotmail.com)
sparkmyster

Post by sparkmyster »

by how much will the price go up by though? i dont even have a dvd readable drive and i have been buying PCFormat for a long while now but if i cant use the DVD's then no more PC Format for me! :sneaky:
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

sparkmyster wrote:by how much will the price go up by though? i dont even have a dvd readable drive and i have been buying PCFormat for a long while now but if i cant use the DVD's then no more PC Format for me! :sneaky:
the price is going up by R4 i think
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Starkiller

Post by Starkiller »

I'm sure that the price will go up about 3 rand. I cannot wait until I get my hands on it.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Last I remember it will cost R39.95 not sur eif it is right but I think it is... :bigups:
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Obviously It Is Time For DVD To Kill the CD Star!!!! and if you don't have a dvd player, I think it's about time you get one. They ARE becomeing cheaper by the month.