World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Wow players on this forum.

Post by StarBound »

www.wow-europe.com wrote:A few months ago, we unveiled the Battle.net account, our new way for players to log in to World of Warcraft and future Blizzard games, sign up for upcoming beta tests, shop the online Blizzard Store, and more with just one username and password. This was just the first step in the rollout of the brand-new Battle.net; in the future, players will be able to use Battle.net to participate in cross-realm chat in World of Warcraft, create real-life friends lists, communicate across different games, and a whole lot more.

In preparation for the launch of these new features, on November 12, 2009, all current World of Warcraft players will be required to merge their World of Warcraft accounts with a Battle.net account in order to log in to the game. As our way to say “thanks” for taking a moment to go through the process, existing World of Warcraft accounts that upgrade to Battle.net (including those that have already switched over) will receive a brand-new penguin in-game pet -- check for him in your in-game mailbox later this week. Starting on November 12, all World of Warcraft players will need to log in to the game using a Battle.net username and password, and anyone who wishes to create a new World of Warcraft account will need to start with a Battle.net account.

Creating a Battle.net account is simple and free. To merge your existing account with a Battle.net account, visit https://eu.battle.net/account/managemen ... ersion.xml. For more info, check out the Battle.net site or read the FAQ.
Because my conversion thread turned into a pic of the day thread I will just post this here.

Like I've always said in the past, you cant quit wow but you can take a break. It seems that its time for me to do it aswell. 4 years of seeing the game and how it changed from something that only a few could accomplish up to a point where almost anyone can do anything. I like the changes in the looting structure. This way someone new to the game can spend a week gearing and then jump into the hard stuff if its explained or showed. But with the ease of the game so too has it attracted too much of the wrong kind of attention.

This conversion is the first step into introducting the new and improved battle.net however I cant help wonder what this holds for the end user. Free online play and such has always encouraged the use of battle.net unless you could get one of the bnet mods that allowed for local gaming. I'm just wondering as WoW still has its own paid service whats gonna happen if you stop playing wow and whats the plan with battle.net if you need payment to access it.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Re: Changing to Darkside... Battle.net account

Post by Anthro »

Sigh , Thread merged, stop spamming guys...
-Anthro
Temporary Absence
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Migrated my WoW account to a BNet account last night - went extremely smoothly.

From what I've seen, BNet itself won't be a paid subscription service, it depends on what games you associate with your BNet account. If anything, BNet will be to Blizzard what Steam is to Valve.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Ron2K wrote:BNet will be to Blizzard what Steam is to Valve.
And that is a problem.

Then again if you somehow manage to play and install the game without needing to be online then it might still work. But they already announced that it will be integrated to its just another steam clone where the developer has no obligation to make the service work even if the user meats all requirements on his/her while the 3rd party involved doesnt do anything. eg Blizzard -> Telkom (useless/no service) -> User. That break in usage has always been and is still the reason I am against this form of access. BTW before everyone agrees that telkom is ***** its not only a telkom issue. Other countries also has this issue.

Give single player control back to the user and let the developer have control over the online content. Forget about the "its out of our hands" approach by dumping your damn responsibility on the freaken in between guy.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I was asked why I am quiting wow. The reason is simply that the game is no longer fun to play.

More into detail: The game is 5 years old. It takes forever to get to 80 but it doesnt take long to gear depending on your class. The game no longer focuses on questing with other players but rather on who has the higher loot count. It became stupidly easy to raid yet only a handful of players can do it successfully.
My Steam Screenshots

Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

StarBound wrote:I was asked why I am quiting wow. The reason is simply that the game is no longer fun to play.

More into detail: The game is 5 years old. It takes forever to get to 80 but it doesnt take long to gear depending on your class. The game no longer focuses on questing with other players but rather on who has the higher loot count. It became stupidly easy to raid yet only a handful of players can do it successfully.
Pretty much the same reasoning here. I was never in the raiding though, I was more into BG's. And it just got boring doing the quests and all that.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
-UNSTABLE-

Post by -UNSTABLE- »

Well tbh i came back after 2 months and am thourougyly enjoying it sure its 5 years old but its not stopping them going over the 11million subscriber mark, as for content being to easy: Yes it maybe alot different from days of vanilla and tbc but to be honest none of the vanilla raids were fun, i did not enjoy farming for hours on end to spend a night of wiping then having to go back and do the same hours of farming again. If Blizz had not changed to this method of raiding like we witness today i dont believe that wow would have suceeded as only the elite could do the raids, it would have gotten old and died. They made a good choice. Hard modes do offer a little more edge atleast, maybe not TOTC/TOTGC but Ulduar was quite a big step up if you compare it to other wotlk content. IC will also hopefully be a step up from that. Sure u can pug everything but id much rather play the game like it is now and have more time to do other things in RL. Remember totc/totgc was only intended to be a filler raid, they probably didnt have anything else to add. WTB A NEW TROLL RAID INSTEAD Zul'Aman style. (For those who wonder yes i have done all the content, and yes i have cleared up to Sunwell 1st boss pre-nerf, so i can have an opinion on content.) You never really quit wow it draws you back :P ... I am really looking forward to Cataclysm the storyline/trailers look really good and i cant wait to slay ZEH DEATHWING!!!!11111!!! As for Battle.net accounts i dont really care my acc was merged in a matter of minutes havent had a single problem plus i scored a new mini pet, what more could you ask for? :D
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Free gold and no gold farmer spam?
My Steam Screenshots

-UNSTABLE-

Post by -UNSTABLE- »

Haha well the golds pretty easy to make it seems : / .. as for gold farmer spam my server doesnt really get that too much trade chat is actually spammed for trade purposes :P .. quite a high population realm - Arathor.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I just tried Yogg'Saron tonight.

Bloody hell it's hard. There's so much micro management going on it's scary. We only managed to get the brain down to 60% before he enraged.

Going to try him again on Sunday
Last edited by DarkStar on 24 Oct 2009, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

On 10man he is relatively easy. You guys aren't doing hardmode are you? All the keepers are down in his cell right? Or are you going for [Alone in the dark]?
My Steam Screenshots

DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

No, we're doing it in the easiest mode we can.

I reckon we still need to learn the tacs, that's all. We've got Phase 1 nailed down perfectly, but we're just not doing things in Phase 2 quick enough.

*EDIT*
By learn I mean get used to.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Phase 2
Ranged on crushers
All on constrictors
All on corruptors if constrictors and crushers are down.
Melee and a healer into the brainroom

And phase 3 just make sure no one looks at him constantly.
My Steam Screenshots

DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I was going to suggest that the next time we try on Sunday :mrgreen:

I blame the tankspot video, they didn't give a clear strat on how to deal with the tentacles.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

lol

You know there is something like figuring it out on your own.

First time we did ulduar none of us knew the strats. But still it was a fun and costly weekend. 1600g repaire and flask cost. Thats my hunters. So I can imagine the plate classes having it worse. We got pass Auriya.
My Steam Screenshots

-UNSTABLE-

Post by -UNSTABLE- »

Lol i remember the first night in Uludar [1.General] How the hell do we start the instance? .. spam. Eventually people figured it out, Yes Flame Leviathan.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I remember the single most fun time I've ever had in WoW was going into ToC5 HC for the first time, not having the fogiest idea what to expect.

It was awesome.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

DarkStar wrote:I remember the single most fun time I've ever had in WoW was going into ToC5 HC for the first time, not having the fogiest idea what to expect.

It was awesome.
Yeah that was fun the first time round. Now I just aim to tank it without getting a single wipe and keeping my dmg received at about 75% of the damage taken by the whole party. Quite a challenge if you take on the knight. Especially in the 2nd phase and taking into account that the shadow dmg he does in phase 3 hits everyone irrespectively.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Ulduar journal:

1 - How do you get this damn flame off? It keeps jumping to everyone.
2 - Well atleast we dont have to worry about the flame anymore. Anyone figured out how that flame tornado works? Is it going for the person futhest away?
3 - How can the trash be harder than the boss? We wiped 5 times now. Get off that flame rune people!
4 - I dont see a way across. Shall we go in? Oh there goes the druid "YOU FAIL!!!" "ROFLOL"
5 - So how do we get the celestial key anyway?
6 - Well he enraged. Your suppose to break the ice traps on the npcs?
7 - STAND IN THE !@#$ING LIGHT NEAR FIRES WITH LIGHTNING!
8 - Oh so the people in the coloseum has to stay alive or else you see a huge bolt of lightning. ...my feign death didnt work :(
9 - Yeah dont attack that tree when he returns your damage for the next 200 attacks lol.
10 - Yeah I think we need to down all 3 on a limited timer.
11 - DONT AOE WHEN THEY ARE LOW ON HEALTH!
12 - Lol, trash is named trash :D
13 - Haha. Who started the train?
14 - Extreme frogger lol
15 - Run when he does his shock thing. And dont run through the mines!
16 - WTF! His pewpew lazer kills everyone when someone is killed.
17 - Oh crap bomb bots. So the 3 ranged dps brings him down?
18 - Stop moving him around.
19 - This is impossible. He must be bugged or something.
20 - I wonder what this big red button does... AH oops...

Hehe. Was very very fun and we got extremely far on the first weekend. But Mimiron was just too bugged to do anything. Still we went in and almost conquered ulduar. The hard modes meant that we would come back until we finally managed to get our rusted drakes. Took us 3 weeks to down Mimiron. And 2 weeks on Yoggy.
My Steam Screenshots

DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Sigh...I want to reroll on Twilight's Hammer, but I'm having a slight dilema.

Do I level a mage, level a pally, level a hunter,

Or level a DK?
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Of the 4 classes mentioned, I would go for pally first and dk as second choice, then hunter and then mage.

As for the reason, pally has the most flexibility in end-game (dps, tank, heal) with dk second (dps, tank).

But to be really honest, you should choose what you want to play, not what is the most useful.
Better yet, play a druid :mrgreen:
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

You see, I want to play as a pally because of their flexibility and easy levelling.

However, I want to play a DK because that's 55 levels I don't have to level...
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

That's true. But they will have more downtime than a pally.

Personally, I never could get used to DK's. But that is because I prefer playing a class with little downtime and little need of extras (food, water and potions).
For me, leveling my druid was the best, with shaman next and then paladin. I have tried a priest, rogue, hunter, mage and dk and found them more difficult to level.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I already have a level 80 shaman and an 80 DK (but on another server that I'm currently HATING right now).

Xavius is such a fail server...Not because of the server, but because of the battlegroup...

And I don't have R500 to do a faction change and server move
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Patch data for 3.3.0 ready to download - 475meg there goes the cap.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.