Need For Speed: Undercover

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Re: Need For Speed: Undercover

Post by Siemens »

TheModDoctor wrote:
Man they are stupid! I enjoy asking them these questions, so I can have something to laugh about. :lol:

My goal is to get them to find a way to fix the problem that I can't run the game on my current installation of XP.

When I first wrote to them, I explained to them exactly what the problem is and that I couldn't run the game on my current XP setup. I also attached the dxdiag.txt they always want, and a screenshot of the error message in a zip file. The guy couldn't understand how to open the zip file and get everything from there. So I explained to him where to find it.
Then (like usually) he said that I should clear my temp folder. I know this won't make a difference, but whatever, I did it and it didn't work. So I told him this. He also asked if the game had worked before :shock: I just told him I couldn't run it!
Then, in his next reply, he asked me if I got any error messages :shock: I attached it already! WTH??? In the same reply, he again told me to clean out the temp folder, right after I told him it didn't work! :shock: :shock:
I can actually understand why EA games have gone downhill, it's because their "tech support" acts like this... Are all americans retards, or just the EA ones? :?
lol , why did you even bother?
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

I don't know... It's fun to confuse them I guess. :wink:
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

I'm now in the second area. The graphics there seems differant, the time of day is more sunset.
But I'm still so sad about the car selection. They don't have any of my favourite cars. Not one Honda or Subaru.

The story is so stupid.the lady who gives you orders annoyes the sh*t out of me.
"I have never failed a mission , and you better not make me fail this one"

I then replied in my head
"Well if you think you can do better then why aren't you racing"
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

And did you notice that you only see her mouth during the cut-scenes?

I've noticed, that sometimes when I play the game it lags like hell and is full of errors. Then the track also just pops up out of nowhere and constantly freezes. All I do then is restart and then most of the time everything is fine again - 40fps @6xAA, no track errors, no lagging, etc... :?:
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

TheModDoctor wrote:And did you notice that you only see her mouth during the cut-scenes?

I've noticed, that sometimes when I play the game it lags like hell and is full of errors. Then the track also just pops up out of nowhere and constantly freezes. All I do then is restart and then most of the time everything is fine again - 40fps @6xAA, no track errors, no lagging, etc... :?:
The game probably looks the same at all the detail levels?
I also don't get the big deal about MaggieQ, she isn't that hot!! It looks like she ran into a wall head first.

And stupid racing girl doesn't know im undercover even though i took out all her friends in the car that they gave to me. lol , idiot.
Lethoric

Post by Lethoric »

I hope no one hates me after this message, but I rather found it enjoyable. The game was for the most part way more fun than either Carbon or Pro Street. It felt like Need for Speed again.

Things I noticed:
I agree with everyone when they say at first you don't know what you are supposed to do and what the story is. But after a while I got absorbed in it.. The story and the racing.
Maggie Q is overrated. Really. I thought what the hell? I also don't think shes that hot. Christina Milian (Carmen Mendez) makes up for that though, and I'm glad they had the foresight to include her. Now she's hot.

I didn't experience any of the glitches and errors you all talk about. My gameplay was error free. I did notice twice that the road ahead loaded too slow.. Gave me a fright. Lol. The game felt too short though... I bought it saturday last week and finished it that sunday too. That really sucked.

But that's all my thoughts on the game..
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

I agree with you, it is more playable (in terms of fun) than Carbon and ProStreet, but for me it didn't completely feel like NFS again.
I only experience the glitches on occasion, and I restart if if happens. You know what is bad about the road being drawn too slowly? If you go too fast and get to the "cliff" before it's drawn in, the game freezes until it's drawn in, and then resets your car to 0km/h - but this happened only once.
I was rather busy until now with the exams, and will be until thursday after the LAN, so I'm not yet done with the game.

But I think there will be hope... When you start the game, it loads, and in the background there is Main Menu, Options and Video written, but you can't click on it or select it, only press Enter. I'm sure that the patch will give us a proper Main menu, because I still can't get over it. A game without a main menu. :? I hope EA will also include the LAN option, and the my garage. And maybe a challenge series?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Hex_Rated wrote:
From now on I will not buy an EA game unless it scores a 8 or higher in the majority of reviews...
Or just don't buy EA games fullstop ->.
It looks like I wont be buying EA games anyway since their reviews never score above 8 in the first place :wink:.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

My summary of this "game"=Gives me a headache!!
nexus969

Post by nexus969 »

The game sucks , its no better than most wanted and the handling of the cars is even worse than NFS Porche 2000 and porche 2000 is a legend game. My personal opinion .... Super Weak
AMD Phenom 9750+
ABIT AN78GS mainboard
6GIG Ram 1066mHz
MSI Geforce 9800GT
Creative X-Fi audio Sound card
1.5TB Hard drive space
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

whats the nfs series up to, seriously, they go from stock supercars, to porsche's you can mod (which rocked), then underground racing, then track racing, then back to underground. its like they keep failing at their attempts. the first few nfs games were the best ever, why cant they go back to their original formula, make a unique fresh game with that formula that works and bam they have a new great game.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

thanks guys! : you all have saved me R300 :mrgreen:

+1.5 to all

ill just re-play most wanted and pretend im undercover :twisted:
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

I didnt pay for it.Twas given to me.Thats how bad tis.It doesnt even feel like most wanted.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

po10cy wrote:whats the nfs series up to, seriously, they go from stock supercars, to porsche's you can mod (which rocked), then underground racing, then track racing, then back to underground. its like they keep failing at their attempts. the first few nfs games were the best ever, why cant they go back to their original formula, make a unique fresh game with that formula that works and bam they have a new great game.
At least from now on they will only release a nfs game every 2years. That will give them more than enough time to get it right.
You know this game could have rocked was it not for the million small little problems/irretations that could easily be removed/modified/fixed. At least it is better then pro-street. Which means they are going in the right way even if they are doing it wrong.
AcidT

Post by AcidT »

Siemens wrote: At least from now on they will only release a nfs game every 2years. That will give them more than enough time to get it right.
You know this game could have rocked was it not for the million small little problems/irretations that could easily be removed/modified/fixed. At least it is better then pro-street. Which means they are going in the right way even if they are doing it wrong.
Actually it was mentioned that EA will still be releasing a game every year for their different genres but they are splitting their teams into 2 groups with 2 year dead lines. This means that the next NFS or Spore or Crysis etc ... has already been in development for a year so that it is available at the end of 2009.

Back to the point of NFS undercover

Bad graphics (especially the shadows) and even worse cop AI spoiled the game for me. I must say that the idea of being undercover and boosting cars from different places and people sort bound me to it but after it was finished that was all she wrote.

The cop AI is ridiculous. How can you have a cop car race past you while driving at 250 plus km/h and it looks like you are looking for parking. Then there is the differences in performance of the cars straight from the showroom floor in real life and in game. The Bugatti Veyron for example goes at 407 km/h from the get go if you can afford to buy one but in the game if you reach 300 km/h with no upgrades you are lucky. 404 km/h on a straight stretch of road after the ultimate parts is installed can be reached.

EA needs to go back to their roots and put more time into the development and production of their games and get their story lines ironed before they start development on a new game to give a better feel to their games.