www.webmail.co.za

Anything to do with online stuff goes here.
pofadder

www.webmail.co.za

Post by pofadder »

Has anyone here registered for an e-mail address with www.webmail.co.za? Any comments?
[Q8200│Asus mobo│4Gb Kingmax Ram│BFG 8800GT Sli│Corsair 750W PSU│X-Fi Sound│Samsung 22 inch]
sinner777

Post by sinner777 »

I had one previously.....no good, rather use gmail
"A man is not unlike a dog, I am sure that if one could reach, he too would lick himself"
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

Why was it no good? Did you have issues with logging on? Not enough e-mail storage? Mail sending / receiving issues?
[Q8200│Asus mobo│4Gb Kingmax Ram│BFG 8800GT Sli│Corsair 750W PSU│X-Fi Sound│Samsung 22 inch]
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

sinner777 wrote:I had one previously.....no good, rather use gmail
+1 gmail FTW IMHO
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

I have a Gmail account - I have no issue with it.

I want to understand why webmail.co.za is apparently bad. Can anyone give me some detail?
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Re: www.webmail.co.za

Post by wizardofid »

pofadder wrote:Has anyone here registered for an e-mail address with www.webmail.co.za? Any comments?
Have one and the new beta site ain't that good haven't checked out all the new features yet.Ads still P*sses me off
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

I was reading now that SPAM is apparently a big problem with webmail.

@wizardofid: Speed? Do you find the site and service quite slow? I'm looking at this from a local bandwidth usage perspective.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

I had an account with them ages ago.

It got spammed to little bits and pieces.

I switched to GMail around 3 years ago, and haven't looked back ever since.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Ike

Post by Ike »

yeah, webmail is teh crap... I get spam of increasing my monkey size daily. like 20 e-mails and their customer support was useless...

It is local tough, so that is a plus.

But the negatives are:

Ad's
ad's
spam
small size
limited mails
ad's
jee

Post by jee »

My advice - the webmail service we use in our Internet cafes is Gmail - we did a survey and that was the only web based system we are willing to use .
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

i use gmail... and webmail. gmail i like cos it store alot. webmail is leka cos its local. :wink:

but ya ads are de worst. and lately i having problms loggin in on there new site and have to go to there old site each time. but i set forwards so that all mail is sent to gmail and given labels so i can find it easier. 8)

GMAIL > any other mail. :P
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really appreciate it.
juDge

Post by juDge »

yeah you cant beat gmail.
I have a webmail address and everything works well besides every now and then it wont let me login saying it doesnt recognise the account 8O
Intel Corei5 2500 3.3GHZ
8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333mhz Ram
Asus P8H67-M Motherboard
MSI 570GTX-Twin-Frozr-III Power Edition OC
Coollermaster HAF 922 Case
Coollermaster Extreme 550w PSU
Samsung 24" LED S24A350H 2ms
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

I also have a webmail and Gmail account. If I get say 15 new mails in webmail 14 of them would be spam. Although they are marked as spam. Problem is though that some of the spam mails are proper mails! So spam filtering at webmail is not the greatest.

Gmail FTW!!!
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

webmail LOL!!

Do they still exist ? !!

Had that ages ago, what a load of crap. as many said Spam.
Webmail

I dont know why people still use that. It just not good enough.

Back when i was using webmail, it used to be based on a linux app called Squirrel Mail. with a modified UI,

po10cy

Post by po10cy »

webmail isnt exactly very secure
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
marduke

Post by marduke »

I still use it, because I can send & receive mails in outlook using my webmail account, for free! Any other online mail providers you need to pay to use that feature. Unless Gmail also allows the use of outlook as mail client for free, then I'll switch.
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

@po10cy: Why do you say that?
garp

Post by garp »

marduke wrote:I still use it, because I can send & receive mails in outlook using my webmail account, for free! Any other online mail providers you need to pay to use that feature. Unless Gmail also allows the use of outlook as mail client for free, then I'll switch.
As far as I know, this is indeed possible. Though I stand corrected.
Cooler Master RC-690 CM 690
Intel Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
MSI R5870
2 x 1TB WD Black
Corsair DDR3-1600 6GB DOMINATOR
Intel SmackOver DX58SO MB
Corsair TX650W Power Supply - 650W
Samsung P2350 23"
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

marduke wrote:I still use it, because I can send & receive mails in outlook using my webmail account, for free! Any other online mail providers you need to pay to use that feature. Unless Gmail also allows the use of outlook as mail client for free, then I'll switch.
You can use Gmail from outlook so you can ditch webmail now ;)
Gmail have had that function for ages (yup it is free)
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Screeper wrote:
You can use Gmail from outlook so you can ditch webmail now ;)
Gmail have had that function for ages (yup it is free)
It is possible it also supports Secure via POP3 and SMTP.

Outlook supports POP3 and SMTP I have not used it before but i have set it up.

From home i use thunder bird with my gmail account.

Gmail is far more advanced as webmail, you may also set up alias users, It has some nifty features like send mail as for reply addresses E.g Me@Youcompanydomainame.com instead of Gmail.com

Features that webmail dont have since i last used it.

Auto forward mail to mailbox.
Space as we all know.
store your documents, Photo's
Reply as someone.
More secure.
Automatically stores Email addresses as contacts
Google's search engine built in.
Interface is fast
Good spam filter.
supports slow connections in basic format.
Ties in with google apps, Gtalk ect.

If you have webmail and its your known address for other to contact you its about the only excuse to you.

With the reply as feature you can still keep @webmail.co.za
But then again if you dont use webmail after some time you account gets deleted thats what happened with mine
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

pofadder wrote:@po10cy: Why do you say that?
well basically it can be hacked easily when compared to other free providers like gmail and hotmail.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
marduke

Post by marduke »

Thanks SBSP, yes the only reason left for me to keep using it is cause I've been using it since 2000, & all my contacts know that address. But as they say, a change is as good as a holiday, so maybe it's time for me to switch
WebmailSucks

Post by WebmailSucks »

Webmail International should be investigated for bad business practice, lying to clients and customers and breach of contract. After being approached by Webmail and being assured that there was no spamming, fantastic response rates (30%-40%) and examples of the other companies who had great results. I signed up. Since then, they don't return calls, they are amateur in the extreme, they threaten legal action at every turn and refuse to engage at all. I have since found out that the database that 'signed' up to receive direct mail is their own email database. In order to get a free Webmail email address they require huge amounts of personal information. They use this info to spam their own clientele and then charge me for the pleasure!!! The privacy they promise their email clients is a farce. Every time somebody clicks through I get their phone number and their email address. I'm sure they love that! 96% of my direct mailers were deleted without opening! So much for a target market. The response rate has been 0.01% - if I had given away free product to these 69 people I would have saved thousands of Rands. I paid R30k to spam consumers and I am so furious. Webmail must be stopped!!
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

WebmailSucks, wow. i feel sorry for you..webmail sucks i fully agree. are you using it for business? you should consider gmail. and if you send newsletters perhaps try phplist. http://www.phplist.com/

Good Luck. oh and introduce yourself Here and read the Rules
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU