what is the greatest star wars game ever?

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

I want Xwing vs. Tie fighter! :lol:
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Its a fight between Jedi Knight 2 and KotOR. I think I will throw my vote for JK2.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Prime

Post by Prime »

do you think Lucas Arts will ever Classify Jedi Academy so that PCF for example could put it on their disk?

Did any of you ever play the dos game, rebel assault?
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

KOTOR 1 by a long way for me.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

I DID!!!! I just remember at one stage you fly through a canyon wit those "Y" shaped ships! I kept on crashing cause I was hardly old enough to stand upright haha.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:KOTOR and Jedi Knight 2 :)

And apparently Xwing vs. Tie fighter was brilliant, but I could never find a copy :(
Xwing vs Tie Fighter /thread. There was also another game where you flew tie fighters and attacked rebel scum bases on the surface of planets, can't remember off hand what it was called but it kept me entertained for months. Used 3D proper graphics acceleration so I was probably blinded by how good it looked with my Voodoo2.

KOTOR was good but I never liked turn based or RPGs or RPGs set in Scifi. RPGs should have mythical creatures and lore and legend. Just IMO. Rules out the entire Final Fantasy series so I'll probably get flamed for that comment. :P
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Prime

Post by Prime »

psYChowIt wrote:I DID!!!! I just remember at one stage you fly through a canyon wit those "Y" shaped ships! I kept on crashing cause I was hardly old enough to stand upright haha.
i could never get past that stage. I should see if it will still run.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Rebel assault was one big uge waste of time and money on my part. That game (meant for lanning imo) is not even worth mentioning. It sucks in the lamest way ever.

edit - Just to confirm - Im talking about the title where you have two bases and you join one side to run and assault the other base with 20 odd other AI or player controlled guys. I cannot recall if it was called Rebel Assault - you cannot blame me for wanting to forget that game.

If rebel assault is a 1player affair its definitely not what I am thinking of.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Sojourn wrote:Rebel assault was one big uge waste of time and money on my part. That game (meant for lanning imo) is not even worth mentioning. It sucks in the lamest way ever.

edit - Just to confirm - Im talking about the title where you have two bases and you join one side to run and assault the other base with 20 odd other AI or player controlled guys. I cannot recall if it was called Rebel Assault - you cannot blame me for wanting to forget that game.

If rebel assault is a 1player affair its definitely not what I am thinking of.
Rebel Assault was a sinlge player DOS
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

ahhh ty ripper.

I think I can recall it. You had to fly diff ships, a hover bike, shoot republic commandos, sorta like a whole storyline and at the end blow up a deathstar. I completed that game years ago.. that was good.

Now if I can only recall the name of that lannable game that sucked...
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

Best starwars games for me ever...

SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

KOTOR2 and Commando
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Sojourn wrote:ahhh ty ripper.

I think I can recall it. You had to fly diff ships, a hover bike, shoot republic commandos, sorta like a whole storyline and at the end blow up a deathstar. I completed that game years ago.. that was good.

Star Wars Battlefront? It was ok-ish.. suppose it would have been fun if I could play it with 5-10 friends at a LAN... There was also a second one a year later which I skipped

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Hex_Rated wrote:
OnlyOneKenobi wrote:KOTOR and Jedi Knight 2 :)

And apparently Xwing vs. Tie fighter was brilliant, but I could never find a copy :(
Xwing vs Tie Fighter /thread. There was also another game where you flew tie fighters and attacked rebel scum bases on the surface of planets, can't remember off hand what it was called but it kept me entertained for months. Used 3D proper graphics acceleration so I was probably blinded by how good it looked with my Voodoo2.

KOTOR was good but I never liked turn based or RPGs or RPGs set in Scifi. RPGs should have mythical creatures and lore and legend. Just IMO. Rules out the entire Final Fantasy series so I'll probably get flamed for that comment. :P
Aren't you thinking of Rogue Squadron 3D?
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:
Sojourn wrote:ahhh ty ripper.

Star Wars Battlefront? It was ok-ish.. suppose it would have been fun if I could play it with 5-10 friends at a LAN... There was also a second one a year later which I skipped
Indeed. Thats the name of the thing. Mate, really. You dont want to bother even lanning that tripe.
Pieterpan
Location: At the Rock concert . Third row there somewhere between the other people. .... .

Post by Pieterpan »

Vampyre_2099 wrote:I wanna get JA again, used to have it... then lent it to a friend and never got it back again... I only remember awesome moments from it.

KOTOR was good, KOTOR2... just never really got into it and never enjoyed it
dont you just hate that !
Member of The Phoenix's Garters
--------------------------------------
* Biostar T-Series Motherboard TF7100PM7
* Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.5Ghz
* 3GB DDR2 Kingston RAM 800
* 1x 250GB 1x 80GB 1x 40 GB HDD
* GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3

...Join the Dark side . .. We have cookies!
Pieterpan
Location: At the Rock concert . Third row there somewhere between the other people. .... .

Post by Pieterpan »

empire at war was rather neat ,...... oooh dont you just love blowing up plantes with the Death Star?
Member of The Phoenix's Garters
--------------------------------------
* Biostar T-Series Motherboard TF7100PM7
* Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.5Ghz
* 3GB DDR2 Kingston RAM 800
* 1x 250GB 1x 80GB 1x 40 GB HDD
* GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3

...Join the Dark side . .. We have cookies!