Decided to do my first mod

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Zana

Decided to do my first mod

Post by Zana »

Yup , me the elfy wants to give this a bash...

A radio PC

I have created a PC : Pentium 1 MMX type from two thrown away PCs, got the best and working of the parts of each. The thing is working... Motherboard and all, But using the case from a Auwa PC which had a built in speaker system, What i have noticed the sliders are faulty, and need them replaced and could be replaced with a simple potentiometer,, and secondly which is a major problem is the speakers which work, but the sound only comes to one speaker.
I contacted the people of Auwa, www.auwa.co.za they gone in the lap top business and no longer do desktops, if they are willing to sell old parts, nope no one could help me. I read in electronics manual that it could be a capacitor in the amplifyer, or it could be the sliderboard,. They look fine, havent tested them yet. But a transistor from power pack of PC that plugs into the speaker system, is cracked, and this could be it...and not giving the power to the amplifier, for the stereo.(leading to the one speaker) I was wondering if anyone knows of this type of computer system or similar so i can find some parts.

The radio part, get a small cheap radio /portable one from a chinese store... for about R20 ... but what is the voltage and stuff comming out the power suply to the PC drives? since one of these plug into the PC system., and have space for another to feed the radio. The radio will be dismantled to fit in the spare CD Rom compartment. the system will run linux and windows 98. Its 50 Mb ram, to little for XP.
The i need a small screen which i will fix on top of the main casing., the arial will fit in the back, behind power-supply.

It will be spray painted pink & purple with elves& fairies painted on ... lol
((^_^))
:love1:
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Danielle FTW !!! Nice little project you've got going there :wink:

Good luck and post pics of the finished article :)
Owner @ Quick Flow IT
Xbox 360 Services

PC: In need of an upgrade :)
Zana

Post by Zana »

maestro_za wrote:Danielle FTW !!! Nice little project you've got going there :wink:

Good luck and post pics of the finished article :)
Thanks ((^_^)) having a low budget and no income, it will take a while... Thanks will do when its near finnish or finnished.
((^_^))
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

I will get rid of my Aurora 3D and then mod the toast out of it.
Good luck-We look forward to the results.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
Zana

Post by Zana »

Frozenfireside wrote:I will get rid of my Aurora 3D and then mod the toast out of it.
Good luck-We look forward to the results.
lol (((hugs))) well how you going to get rid of it?
This was before i started:

The radio i could not use because the screws are buggered and cant open the thing to get the circuit boards out...so decided to get a small cheap chinese radio that will fit in the empty CD rom bay, the case that will be modded is the one with speakers, apparently having problems with amp/stereo... possibly because of the broken transistor... but bothe speakers work, just the sound to one speaker is not being processed...
But motherboard and all essential computer parts are working...

so the plan is
1) Get the sound to work properly
2) Get the radio, stick it in
3) if voltage differs from radio to PC power supply, get resistiors.
4) paint the thing
5) get small monitor, & fix it to top of case. and paint it to.
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

just don't get the speakers to close to your components... magnets + PC parts... BAAAAAAAAD
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

As far as the amp of the radio go. Check the transitors Number and replace them. It should be a transistor mounted to a heat sink.
They should be cheap, My dad used to buy from protek if they still exist.

You will probably find that that radio dont use trasistor as transitors are normally used in high watt amplifiers. the amplifier in that radio is probably an amp known as a "Power Amp" using an IC, you should see it there somewhere.

Take down the numbers on the IC's and use google to search the code on it you should quickly realise what its for when resaults pitching up mentioning audio amplifier,
Zana

Post by Zana »

SBSP wrote:As far as the amp of the radio go. Check the transitors Number and replace them. It should be a transistor mounted to a heat sink.
They should be cheap, My dad used to buy from protek if they still exist.

You will probably find that that radio dont use trasistor as transitors are normally used in high watt amplifiers. the amplifier in that radio is probably an amp known as a "Power Amp" using an IC, you should see it there somewhere.

Take down the numbers on the IC's and use google to search the code on it you should quickly realise what its for when resaults pitching up mentioning audio amplifier,
Thank you very much for the advice :-)
((((hugs))))