Stalling Yahoo and Facebook

Viruses, hackers and crackers
Zana

Stalling Yahoo and Facebook

Post by Zana »

Shalom, i just recently joined facebook, and since then, the one user account on PC which i registered Facebook on. In netscape and Internet Explorer, the browser remains stuck, IE crashes, but netscape remains stable, but the progress bar just stays put..
I was wondering if this was a cause of adware or spyware..
The other user account seems to work fine, but its slow as *****...

Yahoo mail and facebook are just not budging online... and i dont get a time out error... sometimes it remains longer than an hour like this

Love and hugs
Danielle
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Microsoft and NVIDIA's affected as well. SAIX has a break. Some international sites dead as a result. Expected uptime early next week.

Got to wait it out.
Zana

Post by Zana »

Rayne wrote:Microsoft and NVIDIA's affected as well. SAIX has a break. Some international sites dead as a result. Expected uptime early next week.

Got to wait it out.
ah , I see... so it should be fine.. well if it lingers then something is wrong with my PC... I was getting to wild assumptions, that because a freind had blocked one email from yahoo messenger, but had not blocked email from msn messenger which have caused yahoo& facebook to freeze on me. ts a long story about this freind... she has gone all sour grapes for no reason, I remembered her birthday, done her an art thingy... people...
Yup lil depresed to... but found that Facebook has shrunk the world..into a size of a pea.
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

If some sites work, but others don't, it's almost certainly a routing problem somewhere and not a problem with your machine. Rayne is right - SAIX is having issues. I had to VPN into the office network earlier this afternoon and suddenly Facebook was working again because I was getting routed through IS instead.

It doesn't bother me too much at the moment though. If it becomes a problem, I'll switch to the Verizon network until SAIX sort themselves out.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

If you really want to get onto the sites (FB, nvidia, etc.) add this proxy server to your browser of choice and you should be fine, also seems to solve the problem with youtube videos "no longer available". I was trying to dl nvidia drivers and was maybe getting a few hundred bytes/sec but with the proxy (not using fdm but ff downloader) I got 300 odd KB/sec.

proxy server address: 196.25.253.13
Port : 8080
It's a local SAIX proxy

-->Just keep in mind when using the proxy google sometimes thinks you are a bot and require you to verify via captcha.
Zana

Post by Zana »

Friggs wrote: proxy server address: 196.25.253.13
It's a local SAIX proxy

-->Just keep in mind when using the proxy google sometimes thinks you are a bot and require you to verify via captcha.
Thanks, has solved the problem, but slow, but as long as i can move throiugh the pages
Thanks
(((hugs))) :-)
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Friggs wrote:If you really want to get onto the sites (FB, nvidia, etc.) add this proxy server to your browser of choice and you should be fine, also seems to solve the problem with youtube videos "no longer available". I was trying to dl nvidia drivers and was maybe getting a few hundred bytes/sec but with the proxy (not using fdm but ff downloader) I got 300 odd KB/sec.

It's a local SAIX proxy

You're a Legend!! thanks
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

Friggs wrote:If you really want to get onto the sites (FB, nvidia, etc.) add this proxy server to your browser of choice and you should be fine, also seems to solve the problem with youtube videos "no longer available". I was trying to dl nvidia drivers and was maybe getting a few hundred bytes/sec but with the proxy (not using fdm but ff downloader) I got 300 odd KB/sec.

It's a local SAIX proxy

Thanks Dude...... :lol: :lol:
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

lol, glad I could help all :)
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

damit. i need to get on facebook. (me = addict currently suffering withdrawl symptoms) :lol:
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

DeathStrike wrote:damit. i need to get on facebook. (me = addict currently suffering withdrawl symptoms) :lol:
Use the proxy, I just tested and my gf's facebook loads the same as always - fb was never the quickest site around.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Thanks Friggs :D
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.