ATi HD4850 released early

Any hardware related topics go here.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Anthro, he's not actively advertising. He's just letting us know of the prices.

AFAIK he is allowed to have a link to his site in his sig, just no clickable banners.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

I'm quite tempted to get 2 of these but don't really like the temps mentioned in the guru3d review, will wait and see if that problem is resolved somehow first. Don't want 2 cards sitting in my case at 85C....
guru3d wrote:80-85 Degrees C is normal for this card. Heat is dumped inside the PC due to the single slot cooler, and it certainly dumps a lot of heat
andyddr

Post by andyddr »

Anthropoid wrote:Andy we somehow have to draw a line with the advertising, rules clearly states that No companies are allowed.
Other Mods/Admins please correct me if I am wrong, but we need a clear distinction.
For Sale

The For Sale section has been restored to the previous state. Users can once again reply to topics. However. Any abuse of this feature or spamming of topics will result in the for sale section being closed down permanently
Rules of this forum

-A maximum of 5 for sale items per a member (Full computer = 1 item)
-Only individuals are allowed to advertise items for sale (No companies)
-Only computer related items may be advertised
-ONLY users with 50 posts or more may advertise items for sale
-Use at your own risk, Intelligence Publishing and its employees will not be held responsible for losses of any kind related to the use of this service.
Hi Anthropoid

I understand your concerns and I do certainly not mean to infringe on the rules set out by the owners and moderators of PCFormat. If you would like me to stop all notifications to your forum users then I will do so with immediate effect.

I would however like to see a section where owners of online shops like myself could post prices of components up as I am one of the few that I know of who takes time to post in forums and get feedback from ppl 'on the ground'.

If there is a way to advertise in a legal way then would you please point me in the right direction via PM.

Regards,
Andy
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

andyddr wrote:I would however like to see a section where owners of online shops like myself could post prices of components up as I am one of the few that I know of who takes time to post in forums and get feedback from ppl 'on the ground'.
I agree. Having guys like Andy and Thinice legally posting as dealers would add a beneficial dimension to PCF. But I suppose there is the added dimension of administrative headaches for the crew.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

TheModDoctor wrote:
Hex_Rated wrote:Going from 8800GT -> HD 4850 isn't really worth it, unless you're planning to go crossfire. Then you'll see big boosts. Upgrading just one card you might see 5-15% improvement in benchmark scores, it's hard to actually see any difference in games.
Well according to the link posted by animal, to me the increase looks a bit more than 5-15%. Altough the 8800gt wasn't tested, it is about the same as the 9600gt, a bit more maybe. But I didn't do the math to check %, so I might be wrong. :wink:
But still, if I sell my 8800gt, I only have to cash in a very small amount for something that is better and with dx10.1 support (for whatever it's worth)...
Yeah, you're right, it's about 30% average (with as much as 60% in ET:QW). Here's a direct comparison:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3338&p=1

Still 30% in my books doesn't warrant an upgrade. 50%+ boost is more my style but it's subjective. 2x HD4850's would be more to my liking.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

schase wrote:
andyddr wrote:I would however like to see a section where owners of online shops like myself could post prices of components up as I am one of the few that I know of who takes time to post in forums and get feedback from ppl 'on the ground'.
I agree. Having guys like Andy and Thinice legally posting as dealers would add a beneficial dimension to PCF. But I suppose there is the added dimension of administrative headaches for the crew.
+1

Advertising is good provided it's controlled. Maybe 50 post minimum + members have to vouch for the dealers.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64