Windows XP Media Center and Windows Media Player 11

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Zana

Windows XP Media Center and Windows Media Player 11

Post by Zana »

Hmm i have installed a fresh new copy of windows Media Center edition 2002 from a freind who gave it to me for free , because she got 2005... little did i realize the catch :lol:

I decided to install windows media player on, goes through the validation test sucessfully and when scanning the OS. I got an error : Invalid OS
So naturally thinking i needed a specific media player for media center edition... so went on the microsoft website. What is awkward is the PC that is mine is not connected to the internet, and dont want it to connect to the internet, since i want it not to collect rubbish online... like spyware, viruses etc.. and have not installed software on it except PC Cillin on it, and a virus sweep program.. just incase someone sticks in a sick disk.. The PC with the media center edition PC i do my graphics,... and stuff..and watch videos etc..

Read up on microsoft's website that i needed some updates and patches.. it was anoying, then some links wanted my automatic updates to be set on this PC which is using Home... and i disabled it because it was an anoyance.. , eventualy got what they said what i needed to install windows media player 11... what a shlep!
Put these patches and goodies on my flsh disk and tekkie networked them to the PC that needed them... installed some, some bitched that it needed to be 2005 , and some needed some other packages, and it was Ksomethingsomethingsomething and so on, i got anoyed and frustrated which meant walking backwards and forwards between rooms!!! i wanted to set up a network cable between the two machines...but it was to short, and did not want to move the PC..
So
what i did was read up on this, many people had the same problem...

what you do ins install 7 zip, open the media player 11 install with 7zip and extract the files to the folder and click/double click on the .exes, to install the subcomponents... it worked..

I dont know why microsoft has support for 2005 only, when 2002 is actualy newer than windows XP Professional, and runs better than XP professional with service pack 2...

here is the stuff that helped me:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/for ... Id=1190571
:love1:
Danielle
((^_^))
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com