doom3 is GOLD !!!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
bb_matt

doom3 is GOLD !!!

Post by bb_matt »

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing! It won't be long now until the anticipation ends and the PH34R begins ;-) We literally just hung up with Activision and have confirmed that our latest release candidate has been mutually approved and is finally GOLD. Thanks to everyone for their patience (yeah right! =) and for everyone at id, Activision and our numerous partners for helping us create what I believe is absolutely the best game we have ever made.

So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check with your local retailer for that information.

Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn't because we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing process takes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess the European manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!

The champagne is flowing here at id and smiles abound!

I'll update again with some DOOM 3 preparation tips (not what hardware to buy - you'll have to wait for a programmer for that sort of thing). In the meantime, I want to see those "DOOM 3 GOLD!!!" threads set new records for swamping message board servers, destroying productivity, and post counts ;-)

Recapping today's headlines....DOOM 3 GOLD!!!
http://www.bluesnews.com
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Yay! Now if only it could hit the store shelves...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

actually cant beleive it
just imagine the game came out in 2001 when it was supposed to. it would of been the best game score since quake 2(95%). that would of been amazing but any way it is good that it has finnally been released
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?
Macphisto
Permanently Banned

Post by Macphisto »

This day I thought would never ever come, and yet it has so today I logged on to www.take2.co.za and pre-ordered my copy of Doom 3 so that I would be one of the first to get it. I think the wait will be worth it and that Doom 3 will be the best pc game released too date. Having played the leaked alpha and then the updated beta I have to say that the game oozes atmosphere and style. I cant wait to get it now... at least the wait is OVER!!!
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

pc gamer reccomends these for doom 3 to play

Low-End:
1.5GhzP4 or equivalent
512MB Ram
Geforce4 Ti 4800 or Radeon 9500

Mid-Range:
2.4GhzP4 or equivalent
1GB RAM
Geforce5950 or Radeon 9800 Pro/XT

High_End: Aka Hardware that doesn't exist, but best guess anyway
3.4GhzP4 or AMD equivalent
2GB RAM
GeForce 6800 Ultra or Radeon X800 XT PE.

that is stupid no company in that stupid
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

What is soo stupid. The resources needed for games and the required system spec will inevitably push up every so often
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

amdretard wrote:pc gamer reccomends these for doom 3 to play

Low-End:
1.5GhzP4 or equivalent
512MB Ram
Geforce4 Ti 4800 or Radeon 9500

Mid-Range:
2.4GhzP4 or equivalent
1GB RAM
Geforce5950 or Radeon 9800 Pro/XT

High_End: Aka Hardware that doesn't exist, but best guess anyway
3.4GhzP4 or AMD equivalent
2GB RAM
GeForce 6800 Ultra or Radeon X800 XT PE.

that is stupid no company in that stupid
Those specs are exaggerated, most of the hardware listed under "high end" only came out within the last few months of Doom 3's development. And no game in 2004 would require 2Gb RAM.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Noted. Didn't really look at the mem issue there. 1GB should be more than enouth for a top line system
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

That was presented for the release of the game in august what i mean ius no company will release a game tyhis year with such a high minuim spec as many of the market will not buy the game
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Besides, Carmack has said time and time again Doom 3 will be playable on a Geforce 3. And since there is an XBOX version of Doom 3, it will work on a Geforce 3, because XBOX'es use geforce 3's.

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Well i'm satisfied.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

me too.

for the record, id software never mentioned one thing about releasing the game in 2001. There was mention by Activision and posters at E3 2003 that it would be done last year.

secondly, the specs are not bad at all - for goodness sake, if we had to wait for the whole planet to upgrade, PC tech wouldn't go anywhere - we'd still be using 486's with 1meg video cards.

Try playing Far Cry on a low-end system - I've got a ti4200 currently and have to run Far Cry with all settings on medium.

Yep, I'm an id fanboi - so shoot me - at least I'm not a retard.

So, a company would be crazy to release a game that demands such high specs in August amdretard ?

Well, I better get on the blower to id software and tell them thier marketing department is terrible. I'll also get hold of Activision and tell them thier expected $150million projected revenue from doom3 is just a dream. While I'm at it, I get in touch with CNNmoney and indicate to the guy (Director of Content Development for CNN/Money) who is speculating that Doom3 (and HL2) will revitalise a sagging PC gaming industry that he is wrong, as amdretard from entertainment3 has done intense research into the gaming industry and has concluded :-
That was presented for the release of the game in august what i mean ius no company will release a game tyhis year with such a high minuim spec as many of the market will not buy the game
http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/14/comment ... /index.htm

Oh dear - why do I even bother - if your going to make statements like that, at least back them up with something.
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

ja matt, why do you bother, i mean you are so knowledgable and it must be such an awesome feeling for you to own amdretard like that.

he wasn't dissing you or id or cnn or whoever it was just his opinion, and in saying "why do i even bother" you give me the impression that you think you are doing us a great favour and putting in so much effort by correcting all the younger guys on the forum...
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Take it easy guys!!

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I for one will upgrade in order to be able to play a kick bottom game but they would have to prove to me that the game warrants such an action.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

Scarlet_Spider wrote:ja matt, why do you bother, i mean you are so knowledgable and it must be such an awesome feeling for you to own amdretard like that.

he wasn't dissing you or id or cnn or whoever it was just his opinion, and in saying "why do i even bother" you give me the impression that you think you are doing us a great favour and putting in so much effort by correcting all the younger guys on the forum...
owning ? - uh ?

It's called reading - it's quite simple. I want to find out about something, so I go to the place where I'll find out and I'll read about it. Far better than making wild speculations and spreading false rumours.

It also has nothing to do with age - perhaps amdretard will think next time "hmm, maybe I should look up a few facts before blurting out negative and false opinion"

That's why I bothered.
sinner777

Post by sinner777 »

well, I suppose that the only way to be sure is to wait for the specs on the side of the box...
sinner777

Post by sinner777 »

but maybe we will all be playing it...
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphi ... 00-11.html

If I can get doom 3 and half life 2 to look like my far cry currently does, I'm happy