doom3 stuff

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
bb_matt

doom3 stuff

Post by bb_matt »

simmy

bb_matt's Back!

Post by simmy »

Hey its _matt! \o/
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

But the date on those covers say "September 2004" :? :? :?

Did I miss a few months? How can they publish a mag 2 months ahead of time?
goku

Post by goku »

Who's been time warping :evil:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

PC Gamer always releases scans of their covers a couple of months before to advertise, especially when things like Doom 3 is being reviewed in that issue.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Aaaaah!
you know what would be funny?

if some other magazine publishes a review before the PC Gamer comes onto the shelves (like in august.) Then the "World Exclusive review" would mean Jack Sh*** :lol: :lol: :lol:
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

So far they seem to be the real deal, but I was a bit suspicious - whatever, doom3 should be on the shelves in August.

Sorry bout the size of those images - I didn't want to resize them and host them on my server because I'm not sure of the legality of them.

Hey yeah - and I've been away for an age - been busy getting my business going and worrying and stuff.

Oh yeah - about the date - that's normal for overseas mags - in fact it is for PC Format SA as well - the July issue was out end of June.
I'm still sceptical about those images though - I'll keep you posted if I hear they are not legit.

The CD's were a clever fake - the guy who did it basically said it fake but people didn't take any notice such is the anticipation for the game.

Anyway, anyone interested in doom3 technology, modelling, level design, texturing and all that stuff, don't forget doom3world.org - it's going to be the place to go for all the doom3 editing goodness and information.