Graphics Pad (Tablet) / Digitizing Tablet

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
VirtualForce

Graphics Pad (Tablet) / Digitizing Tablet

Post by VirtualForce »

Haven't posted on this forum for the longest time....heh, in fact I got married in the mean time!!! :D
My wife is the main reason for me posting here.

I want to ask a question about graphics pads. My wife used to work for a company where she painted huge backdrops for theatres and special occasions, created a lot of props and painted alot. I'd like to upload some of her work later. She quit her job a while back because of the distance she had to travel each day to work but she still loves her painting with a deep passion. (Now she wastes her talents doing sales work...)
But there isn't such a huge market for what she wants to do (most of the work means she has to travel around much) so she decided to start using her talent digitally. She has started learning Photoshop (Multimedia Still through Intec) but a mouse isn't a proper replacement for a pencil or brush.

Which graphic pad would you guys recommend and please bear in mind our finances are strung to maximum, we might not be able to afford one atm but some advice would be extremely helpful.

Thank you very much guys! :wink:
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Genius PenSketch 9"x 12" Graphic Tablet

I'm going to get myself one as well. This is a nice big A4 sized one.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Wacom make the best graphic tablets on the market... afaik, however they are rather pricey... so for R1200 that A4 one really isn't bad... coz for the same price in a wacom tablet you only get a working area of 147.6 x 92.3 mm.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Yeah, Wacom is supposedly the best, but they can lick my balls if I'm gonna pay their prices.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers