Radiator Cleaning

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
SupaNorm

Radiator Cleaning

Post by SupaNorm »

Hi Guys,

Just been browsing round and reading up on Rad cleaning, but I'm not totally convinced.
Some guys flush toilet duck through theirs a couple of times then some distilled water. Others soak them in vinegar and then flush with either distilled or tap water. (Tap water not a good idea)
I don't wanna use my pump when doing the flushing procedure cos I reckon the vinegar or toilet duck is gonna bench it. Rather us some fishtank pump that'll never get used for its original purpose. Guess it also depends what the Rad is made of wrt the reaction of the vinegar or toilet duck on the metal. Mine is Alu

So:
Distilled Water --> Toilet Duck --> Distilled Water = Ready for action

Any other ideas?
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Just a suggestion, why not go down to your local petrol station and buy "radiator cleaner" and use that instead of toilet duck? i used it on my bike radiator and it was very good. but why do you need to clean your rad, iv used mine for ages with ONLY distiled water and its never had any build up!
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
SupaNorm

Post by SupaNorm »

Hadn't drained my system in about a year. So just worried bout buildup in the Rad. Gonna refill my system and don't want any milky or weird deposits coming through. Trying to get it SupaClean. Gonna check it out sometime this weekend. Thanks for the advice.
Throughput of the Rad seems a bit weak, so just gonna pump some distilled H20 through it and see if it makes any difference.
Another thing, if anyone wants to know, don't use alcohol to clean rads. Its known to screw up acrylic if you pump it through your loop.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

I think my radiator is rusting inside, like the copper is rusting, Rob will that stuff clean the copper , coz my liquid goes like an orange kinda, tubing has a tinge to it
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

dunno, mebbe, give it a try and let us know :P
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"