What are your opinions on the South African World Cup 2010?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

i find it funny wen eskom advertises to stop using power - its like coke sayin dont buy coke,drink pepsi!

hahaha :lol:
Toshiba A-100 Satellite Pro - C2D - 2 GHZ - ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256 MB - 1 gig Ram - Harmon Kardon Sound :)
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

Doomextreme wrote:Yup, I just dont see any way how S.A is going to pull through, I am so glad I wont be here.
Why where you gonna be?
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

As far away as possible, thinking of going to either England or Australia. I have no time for pathetic countries like this one.
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

Doomextreme wrote:As far away as possible, thinking of going to either England or Australia. I have no time for pathetic countries like this one.
y u waiting then - leave already
Toshiba A-100 Satellite Pro - C2D - 2 GHZ - ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256 MB - 1 gig Ram - Harmon Kardon Sound :)
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

As far away as possible, thinking of going to either England or Australia. I have no time for pathetic countries like this one.
Umm Mkay
Ike

Post by Ike »

playing in soccer in candle light will be so romantic... people singing "hot candle wax burns" and off course that soccer favorite "where the Fook am I?"

maybe our soccer team will play better? :P
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Ike wrote:playing in soccer in candle light will be so romantic... people singing "hot candle wax burns" and off course that soccer favorite "where the Fook am I?"

:lol: :lol:

Ike thats friggin brillaint! I'm going to be laughing for a good part of the morning now...

:lol: :lol:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Need I say more, I'm not one to argue.

StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

pfffft.......

I'm guessing that Mr Matlala will shortly find himself in hot water for having the audacity to criticise our beloved government, not to mention casting asperstions on our farcical attempt to host the 2010 Soccer World Cup.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

It's just good to see someone, with more "saying power" than the public, saying exaclty what the rest of us know.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Unless there are some DRASTIC, DRASTIC changes, 2010 will be the biggest failure the the soccer world has ever seen. SA is going to be a steaming pile of crap after that world cup. We all know it. There's no denying it.

Synthesis wrote:It's just good to see someone, with more "saying power" than the public, saying exaclty what the rest of us know.
Agreed 100%.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

supertwit wrote:pfffft.......

I'm guessing that Mr Matlala will shortly find himself in hot water for having the audacity to criticise our beloved government, not to mention casting asperstions on our farcical attempt to host the 2010 Soccer World Cup.

I don’t understand how you can add "beloved" next to the word "government" , I don’t see them governing anything except their bank account

I think some people need them to fail a few more times to open their eyes.

:roll:
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

@Acidkid

Seeerius?

Look up "Irony"

Also see....Oxymoron. ;)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

supertwit wrote:Look up "Irony"
I think YOU should look it up too, because there was no irony in that statement. ;)

You mean SARCASM (which, btw, generally fails on the net because tone cannot be brought across)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

I'm pretty sure FIFA is keeping a close eye on SA and what they've been seeing lately is causing regrets on their decision for SA to host. I was utterly disgusted watching parts of the "thing where they elected Zuma" as ANC president. I couldn't help but think what other countries must think of our zoo.
I'm pretty sure the only thing "good" that will come out of 2010 will be good for the criminals, already planning hijack routes, rapes, muggings and murders on unsuspecting tourists. It's wasy enough for them as it is for us suspecting citezens, what about the unsuspecting foreigners with cameras hanging around their necks.
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

<ot>

:) Point taken, Dae......

but refer to the pm I shall be sending you shortly. ;)

</ot>

supertwit: -5fp for stirring.
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

Ike wrote:playing in soccer in candle light will be so romantic... people singing "hot candle wax burns" and off course that soccer favorite "where the Fook am I?"

Well, they will certainly have the experience required to play here. home turf conditions, lack of lights and politics behind them they are sure to stand a chance.

With so much money invested in new stadiums, what good will they serve ,if, once it's all over? Sure we may get a decent train but will anyone but thugs use it after 2010? Will the new highways receive regular maintenance? I sincerely hope Durban's highway's maintenance gets finished up in time because that one is really dragging along.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

supertwit wrote:@Acidkid

Seeerius?

Look up "Irony"

Also see....Oxymoron. ;)
Yes I only saw that when I read it a second time (SARCASM)

Stupid me!!!!
:oops:
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Unless there are some DRASTIC, DRASTIC changes, 2010 will be the biggest failure the the soccer world has ever seen. SA is going to be a steaming pile of crap after that world cup. We all know it. There's no denying it.

Synthesis wrote:It's just good to see someone, with more "saying power" than the public, saying exaclty what the rest of us know.
Agreed 100%.
I agree. Let's see if SA is still actually standing by 2010.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Would love to know how they plan on running th Gautrain with the power problems...

That thing was drain alot of power!!
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

I was so excited when we won the rights to hold the World Cup but then... the current events have left doubts on my mind.
I now believe it was a mistake for us to bid. Egypt should have won those rights. They so deserve to host the event, especially seeing as they have Africa's best national football team :P
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

We have soaring petrol prices, inflation is going to go up 'cos of that and we are living in candle-light most of the time.

Firstly, will we be ready in time? Surely Eskom is causing delay to construction and planning for 2010.

Secondly, it's ridiculous for a 3rd world country to spend that kind of money on an event when there are more urgent matters to attend to with that money: see first point.

Thirdly: the above is only going to get worse so that SA can make more money off of the foreigners. By then petrol and inflation will be sky high so that they can make extra from the 2010 cup.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

This whole 2010 debacle is driving me insane... reading about it everywhere, seeing it on websites everywhere, it's on the news everynight, just about every media type you can think of. It's rather like this (retch) Celine Dion tour of South Africa, getting swamped with all the media hype, posters / radio etc etc ....

I just wish it was past tense already.

s
badguy

Post by badguy »

What a disaster

Crime
+
NO Power
+
NO Fuel
+
POOR Roads