The PS3 Thread

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

ZeroS wrote:Uncharted 2!?
Man, I need to play the first one....
O_o
I played Uncharted.. albeit the demo.
It was really well put together, and I would have bought it were it not for the difficulty :P

Seeing how Uncharted was described as an "interactive movie" from start to finish, I can't wait to see how Uncharted 2 forms.
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Hmm, all the PS3 guys' names start with Z...
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

lol, not mine :D
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
larch

Post by larch »

ZeroS wrote: And about the Cell, hardware stuff is not my strong point, but dude, seriously, the PS3 looks and plays awesome. No 2 ways about that.
Play assassins creed. You can literally see buildings and people from a distance while pulling off high air stunts while being chased by a dozen guards, of which most are visible on screen and it runs velvety smooth.
The official NPD numbers are in, describing console sales for the month of January 2008 in North America.

No surprise that Wii wins again, although PS3 finds itself at the dizzy heights of #2.

1. Nintendo Wii - 274,000
2. Sony PS3 - 269,000
3. Nintendo DS - 251,000
4. Sony PSP - 230,000
5. Microsoft Xbox 360 - 230,000

It's thought the reason for Sony's sudden upturn is Blu-ray winning the format war against HD-DVD. The PS3 console is about the cheapest Blu-ray player around, so most people are likely getting it to watch movies on.

And yet the Wii still outsells the PS3 :P Only reason why its selling well now cause its the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market a glorified HD player and nothing more LOL!
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

larch - only 5000 units more on the Wii doesn't really make it a strong front runner...

And 40 000 more than the Xbox 360, one can say it is kicking, but at 5000 units more than the PS3, I highly doubt it will be in the long run for long. Give it 6 months and I see the PS3 outselling the Wii by quite a bit. The novelty on the Wii is getting thinner, so a lot of the sales are slowly losing ground to the competitors again...

It may be a glorified HD Player, but it sure has some awesome games as well... And yes, Graphics AND gameplay wise..

Price is still absurd, but wait... The Wii is so ridiculously overpriced in sunny SA it is not even remotely funny, so Price has nothing to do with it...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
larch

Post by larch »

zerubabel wrote:Larch do you even have a PS3???
Yes I actually did but I gave it to my little nephew for a birthday gift. I still own a PS2 and an Xbox 360 also a working N64/Gamecube and Famicon.

So do the following open mouth take foot and insert kthanks bye :P

zerubabel wrote: WRONG!
The PS3 60GB outside of USA and Japan do not have the emotion engine, and thus the PS2/PS1 games run off software emulation!

The 40GB version is basically a cheaper version of the PS3 for people who don't want backwards emulation.
Chances are, if you whine and moan about backward compatibility for your PS2 games, you have a PS2 already.
If backwards compatibility is so damn important, go and buy a 60GB version. It's that simple.
Do u even bother reading what I have been typing all this time didn't I say the 40gb isn't backwards compatible with the PS2 games I didn't make any mention of the 60GB. And neither do you seem to know whats going on in the console world you would know that they are phasing out the 60gb and 80gb models and that it is almost impossible to find them in S.A and anywhere else.
zerubabel wrote: man, you seem to hate the PS3 so much. it's like you are just regurgitating everything that anti ps3 fanboys have said on forums.
Grow up!
Can we have proof of this regurgitating ? And I need to grow up not really I am not throwing around the insults like a fifth grader :P I have been posting facts and statements from my own experience and from what I have been reading online, maybe you should try that hey.
zerubabel wrote: Instead, just stop posting here at all really. And continue with your piracy discussions on the anime threads.
You have an unhealthy obsession with Anime and Piracy don't you, you should get that checked out obsessions are never healthy.
larch

Post by larch »

Slasher wrote: It may be a glorified HD Player, but it sure has some awesome games as well... And yes, Graphics AND gameplay wise..
Doesn't anyone read what I am typing:
Sony's sudden upturn is Blu-ray winning the format war against HD-DVD. The PS3 console is about the cheapest Blu-ray player around, so most people are likely getting it to watch movies on.
Most people buy it to watch Blue-ray disks and nothing else so its a glorified white elephant. HD-DVD is dead and buried meaning the PS3 is the cheapest HD-Player around.
Price is still absurd, but wait... The Wii is so ridiculously overpriced in sunny SA it is not even remotely funny, so Price has nothing to do with it...
And 4k for a console isn't being over priced. Your logic seems a bit shoddy.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Did I EVER say the PS3 is NOT overpriced? Considering the price of Blu-Ray players, they are actually cheap. Still too expensive, but cheap in relative to what you get when compared to the Wii...

Also, why is the PS3 a glorified white elephant if people are buying it to watch Blu-ray? Then it is being used for a purpose, is it not?

Added functionality seems to be paying off for the PS3. Does the fact that they added the Blu-Ray make it stupid for some reason? I see only an advantage to having it in, as, as you yourself say, it boosts sales... Seems like a win for me...

Also, please read the rules - You are not allowed to advertise a link to your personal site in your signature image. According to the Big Apple
My BF2142 Stats:

Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

:lol: at all the console fanboi flaming
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

larch wrote:
ZeroS wrote: And about the Cell, hardware stuff is not my strong point, but dude, seriously, the PS3 looks and plays awesome. No 2 ways about that.
Play assassins creed. You can literally see buildings and people from a distance while pulling off high air stunts while being chased by a dozen guards, of which most are visible on screen and it runs velvety smooth.
The official NPD numbers are in, describing console sales for the month of January 2008 in North America.

No surprise that Wii wins again, although PS3 finds itself at the dizzy heights of #2.

1. Nintendo Wii - 274,000
2. Sony PS3 - 269,000
3. Nintendo DS - 251,000
4. Sony PSP - 230,000
5. Microsoft Xbox 360 - 230,000

It's thought the reason for Sony's sudden upturn is Blu-ray winning the format war against HD-DVD. The PS3 console is about the cheapest Blu-ray player around, so most people are likely getting it to watch movies on.

And yet the Wii still outsells the PS3 :P Only reason why its selling well now cause its the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market a glorified HD player and nothing more LOL!
I already quoted this at the start of the thread and boy oh boy it's nothing for Wiiboys to gloat about. 5000 units is a measly number. I guess you forgot to quote the part where analysts said that the Wii and 360 sold as much as was predicted while the PS3 sold a considerable percentage more than was anticipated.

Dude, it's the lack of common etiquette not to answer allegations. Or is defeat conceded?
Check V
ZeroS wrote:
Ah yes but you see Sony has a long rich history of taking other peoples ideas and slightly modifying it so they don't get into ****. Can anyone say six axes controller ?
Heck if i makes the console I'll root for it.
I'm hoping they make a sony version of Super smash brothers.(the one where you fight in an arena with 4 players.) forgot the title...
But didn't u state earlier in the thread that you are " I wouldn't be the best informant for online stuff" and "I'm not abreast off since I'm not yet an avid online user/player." Which means you aren't yet fully aware of the Sony`s capabilities. Nor the fact that the cell CPU is one giant cockup, did u notice how they went from the cell CPU being the main draw card of the console to the blue-ray drive. Number one reason being that the cell CPU has been a utter failure no one is trying to develop games for it due to the sheer complexity required to program for it.

Oh on the by don't believe everything the Sony execs say they are known to talk loads of BS.
No one's making games for sony!? I wonder what's 150 exclusives then?
Secondly, narrating news that there might be PS2 games available for download has nothing to do with actually using the online feature. omw...
Is there an eco in here cause you just repeated everything I said in my last post: "If you look at Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes, you'll see that they're rated highly across the board. Almost 10's. But then with all the crap third party I think it really hurts the average. Especially with a lack of incoming games. "

Oh and you kindly forgot that Mario Galaxy was one of the highest scoring games across all reviews. And the fact that Super Smash Brothers Brawl sold almost 800 000 copies in its 1st weekend.
Yes, yes, I've heard about those games already. What else does it have? List it. Wii games only. Challenge me to it and I assure you I'll be able to list more higher ranking games for the PS3 than for the Wii. Exclusives and non-long-running titles since each console has it unique long-running games. 360 - Halo, etc, PS3 - MGS, FF, etc, Wii - Mario, Zelda, etc.
The PS3 has more higher ranking games than the Wii. ie. more 8+ games than the Wii despite the Wii's large library.
Before you trip and fall on what systems were Final Fantasy and MSG first released Razz take a guess ill buy you a cookie if you get it right Razz
I played the first final fantasy and mgs on the NES, however, at the time sony wasn't a gaming force according to the normal timeline unless, Wii people have a different timeline.
MGS and FF shifted to Sony once it rose in the gaming arena probably cos Sony offered better. Sorry Nintendo.
Then u need glasses more than I do lets see what good exclusive titles are out for the Wii: Zelda, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, Nights, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Cart, Endless Oceans, No more heroes and the list goes on and on.
Super Paper Mario - port
And, I mentioned above. List it (the on and on) with the same conditions as above.
But didn't you say earlier the big stumble block was game availability ?

Doesn't mean if you buy an expensive hooker that she has class Razz
It may be an obstacle but not from amongst the primary causes.

Technically, hookers are aids free.
But does it mean that owning a Lexus is not better than a Ford?
Or owning a 22" instead of a 19"?
Wii people must really think differently...

And about the Cell, hardware stuff is not my strong point, but dude, seriously, the PS3 looks and plays awesome. No 2 ways about that.
And whether it's for the BD or for gameplay, Sony is selling and it will have a ripple effect in the gaming market.

BTW, guys, I'm no Sony fanboy. I'm a game fan. I play what I want not want what I play. :P
Yes, I would even get a Wii if it had games that I would want.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
larch

Post by larch »

Slasher wrote: Also, please read the rules - You are not allowed to advertise a link to your personal site in your signature image. According to the Big Apple
People were right about you, you seem to have a bit of a "wannabe moderator complex" LOL!
larch

Post by larch »

Buying a 2nd hand console is like picking up a girl from the street you never know what you will be getting.
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

larch wrote:
Slasher wrote: Also, please read the rules - You are not allowed to advertise a link to your personal site in your signature image. According to the Big Apple
People were right about you, you seem to have a bit of a "wannabe moderator complex" LOL!
Kid, seriously.. Cut the crap and go watch hentai or something..
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
larch

Post by larch »

zerubabel wrote:
larch wrote:
Kid, seriously.. Cut the crap and go watch hentai or something..
Zerubabel I only fap to hentai in the evenings but you are more than welcome to join me zerubabel since I am always looking for a helping hand.
To: larch
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm
Subject: Sig
Dude...

Get over yourself. Follow the rules as EVERYONE else has to...

And even if I WAS a wannabe mod, you STILL have to follow the rules...

You my friend, are one seriously saaaaaad panda. Hope your stay on the forum lasts short... errr, whooops, did I say that out loud??
I love this forum :oops:
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

larch -- That was a Private Message. Not to be posted in public, please remove...
My BF2142 Stats:

larch

Post by larch »

Slasher wrote:larch -- That was a Private Message. Not to be posted in public, please remove...
I have received a spamming or abusive email from someone on this board!
We are sorry to hear that. The email form feature of this board includes safeguards to try and track users who send such posts. You should email the board administrator with a full copy of the email you received, it is very important this include the headers (these list details of the user that sent the email). They can then take action.
On snap you bad boy you, you just broke a rule :)
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Then send it to him, do NOT post it on the board...

Sigh, Sommer a soon apology to the mod that is going to have to do the cleaning of all the spam...

I will stay out of this discussion from now...
My BF2142 Stats:

maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Larch please remove the quote PM.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

@Slasher Actually his sig obeys the rules... he has no hyperlinking and merely has text on a image... it is as Cameron mentions, still a grey area but so far he has not removed or edited the rule for it...

@larch A PM is there for a reason... yes it was against the rules clearly, but as mentioned in the rules: send an email to the board admin, not post it in the forum...

@zeru ok we have noted your dislike for anime/hentai but pls, everytime you fight with some1 whom you know had involvement with it, do not bring it into the discussion... it gets to those of us that actually try our best to support local anime by buying as much as we can with the little money we have...

back on topic: played some Splinter Cell: DA this weekend and man I still enjoy it like I did on PS2... finished Stranglehold which was a disappointed 7 levels only :(
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Well, the rules actually states
But then why do you allow a text link in the signature?

Again, the answer is simple. I allow text links to help give our members a little push start to help them get some visitors to their site. This is the same reason why I allow Web site (just one please) announcements from regular members. Abuse it, and it will be GONE!

Okay, but what about having a commercial banner without a hyperlink?

Nope, I don't want to see those either. At the moment, I don't mind a banner giving your system specs or even naming your site but I won't tolerate actual advertising. Take Maxxis for example, he has a banner of sorts with a name in it but doesn't actually advertise anything. So, it's a bit of a grey area but if it does get abused I'll have to change the rule and be more strict about things.
O well, if that is considered a gray area then, its fine I guess...
My BF2142 Stats:

Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

oh my bad, I am kinda "sitting on the fence" here with all the fighting going on :(

yes his banner thingy is wrong but if he merely had text in his sig it would be fine... that was the grey area I was referring to...

pls don't PM me :P :lol:
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

:lol:

I wont PM you.

I know the text in sig is fine, but the banner was another reason.

That why I actually asked him to change...

O well...
My BF2142 Stats:

Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

To: Off-The-Chart
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm
Subject: Pwning

Dude...

Get over yourself. Follow my lead as EVERYONE else has...

And even if I WAS a COD Pwner, you STILL have to train to get there...

You my friend, are seriously owned. Hope your stay ingame lasts longer than last time... errr, whooops, did I say that out loud??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come now let's all be friends ok...

If you don't like PS3, fine... We have heard most of u's opinions on why that is... Now pls do not get too out of hand on voicing your opinions... Let those who still kinda enjoy it do their talking in here...

/ends putting fuel on fire
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

:lol: @ OTC..

Now faking a PM is a serious offense, you know :lol:

Now, why don't you join me in some BF2142 so I can drop the COD pwning??

Man, I want to play GT5 on PS3 when it gets released... Anyone in the West Rand willing to borrow me their PS3?
My BF2142 Stats: