C# Training - Where????

Get help on programming - C++, Java, Delphi, etc.
SilverBack

C# Training - Where????

Post by SilverBack »

Hi all,

Have been phoning around a bit querying the above. It seems that C# introduction courses are only on demand. The earliest I have managed to find a intro to C# course is next year Jan. The thing is, Im idle here at work for now...so doing this course now would be perfect timing before things pick up again.

Does anyone actually know of a place that does intro to C# course in the next week or 2?? Even Dec is fine. Anywhere in jhb...even midrand is fine. Im getting desperate! Please help if you can. Thanks :?
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
Judas

Post by Judas »

Have you considered using tutorials on the 'net? There are some pretty good ones available, and there's plenty of programmers on here to help if you run in to trouble.
'One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.'
- Friedrich Nietzsche

'Do not argue with Judas, nube, that would be foolish!'
- D3PART3D
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

I actually found a great one, and Im going through it now. So just biding time until I get a course...
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

There is one running this week at LGIT in Woodmead. I am working so cannot attend. Course started today but you can still join if you like. 011-802-1607- speak to Natascha if you can and tell her that Cathy said you should call. Not sure of the cost but it is a 4 day course. Know the lecturer but not the material. Carolien can help you too.
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Sweet, thanks! :D
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

My pleasure. And don't believe anything they might tell you about me - it is all lies :wink:
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

LOL! I was just told that seeing as though I have not worked with .NET....I should rather go on the intro course for the .NEt framework. Dont think its really neccessary as the intro to C# e-book Im reading covers things in the .NET framework as you go through it....or should I rather go on this course before the C# one? :?
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am not the best one to give you advice. My guess is that you talked to Carolien :lol: - that would explain it. They were willing to let me sit in on the course and I only have a very rudimentary knowledge of VBA. So basing it on that - I would say that you would be fine. But then I am no expert - really not. My area is Desktop.

They are running one in Jan that I hope to attend but I know you wanted one now. You could call again and just tell them that you will cope and want to do it. If you can - wait for the next one as missing the whole of the first day may be tough on you, unless you can go now. Think Andre is the lecturer and he will be able to help you out so that you can catch up.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Go and do it man. There's no NEED to learn the .NET framework first. You can pick the .NET stuff up as you go along.

What do you do at the moment? (What Languages)
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Mostly classic ASP for web apps, websites etc. Have used VB a bit too....been wanting to go .NET for ages...and now that I can...I have ants in me pants to get going!! :P
rule69

Post by rule69 »

SilverBack wrote:I actually found a great one, and Im going through it now. So just biding time until I get a course...
Mind sharing that ebook with me? wana try out C# :wink:

XFIRE: fubu07
COSMOS

Post by COSMOS »

Did my Intro to C# thru Intec. They also supplied me with the Visual Studio 2005 Starter Edition.

Now busy doing the Windows Application Development in Visual C#.NET course - also thru Intec.

You can start anytime and finish at your own pace.
Improvise, adapt and overcome!
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Ok, thanks. Will check them out. Torque-IT are really becoming useless. Dont follow up, and not easy to get hold of due to load shedding. So recon Im gonna give then a skip. Rather gonna go with bytes...as it seems they are the only others that do this course. :?
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

SilverBack wrote:Ok, thanks. Will check them out. Torque-IT are really becoming useless. Dont follow up, and not easy to get hold of due to load shedding. So recon Im gonna give then a skip. Rather gonna go with bytes...as it seems they are the only others that do this course. :?
Trained a lot of people who feel as you do. They are losing clients this way. As I mentioned an age ago www.LGIT.co.za (and don't worry - I don't train that :lol: ) I would wait for the load shedding to be over with - they were without power for 5 hours yesterday. But they do make it up to the delegates.
Neumical

Post by Neumical »

Try UNISA, they've got intro courses and you can do it from home.
-------------------------------------------------------
Michael Hawthorne
Neumical's Lead Guitarist / Vocalist

http://www.neumical.co.za - Official site of the Kimberley Band.

http://www.joday.com - "What is THE 'ZINE?"

http://www.samqc.org.za - SA music deserves to be heard!
-------------------------------------------------------
HELP US FIGHT FOR SA MUSIC, WE DESERVE IT!!!
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Sweet, thanks peeps ;)
SilverBack

Post by SilverBack »

Tribble wrote:
SilverBack wrote:Ok, thanks. Will check them out. Torque-IT are really becoming useless. Dont follow up, and not easy to get hold of due to load shedding. So recon Im gonna give then a skip. Rather gonna go with bytes...as it seems they are the only others that do this course. :?
Trained a lot of people who feel as you do. They are losing clients this way. As I mentioned an age ago www.LGIT.co.za (and don't worry - I don't train that :lol: ) I would wait for the load shedding to be over with - they were without power for 5 hours yesterday. But they do make it up to the delegates.
Thanks so much for the link!!! Just been to the website, and they actually have dates scheduled for their courses. No waiting for someone to get back to me. Added to that, it start begining March. Fantastic! Thanks again! :D :D :D :D :D