Water cooling

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Okay, first of all, Shinji, if you believe that air is superior to water, you don't know jack about cooling. Stop bashing something you know nothing about.

Second, those reservoirs of mine cracked because of the way they were dedigned and manufactured. They were (obviously) made from extruded plexi, which is naturally under a LOT of stress,. Now, if the barbs weren't actually IN the plexi, they wouldn't have broken. It's the barbs that put the res in danger.

Stupid extruded plexi... :?

OT: PDA FTW!!
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
shinji-aoi

Post by shinji-aoi »

Okay...

I spoke to my brother-in-law last night about watercooling and got owned in that debate.
So after being 'educated' in the ways of watercooling I have to admit that I was wrong.

My new and revised opinion. :oops:

Watercooling isn't bad at all. Buy proper equipment, try and avoid cheap kits since they could cause issues like leaking. Best would be to read reviews of the cooling solution (water or air) before buying. This way you'll know the pro's and con's of each of those systems.

Reasons for my 180 - (1) I almost got my butt kicked by my brother-in-law (2) the PCF flaming [sorry guys] & (3) I'll be getting a watercooling kit from my bother-in-law for Christmas (irony is a pain :twisted: )

Go Alonso & Vettel! Forza Ferrari always!

Currently watching:
E's Otherwise

Ongoing/Running Series:
One Piece, Bleach, Naruto
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

WAHAHA! :)

sorry, but your post just oozes irony.

Have fun with the water...take your time setting it up, and then sit back, relax and enjoy some sweet, silent (unless you have some other aircraft props in your rig) coolness of teh water :)