Creating Your Own Custom Ubuntu 7.10 CD

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
DAE_JA_VOO

Creating Your Own Custom Ubuntu 7.10 CD

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I spend quite some time getting my Ubuntu installation set up. Still being somewhat of a Linux n00bie, i'm constantly improving my Ubuntu installation because i slowly find tweaks and apps here and there, but that's not relevant.

So, do you like your Ubuntu install the way it is? I know i love mine. I've been running this one since 7.10 came out, and i've just made it better and better since i installed it. Now, if i needed to format and reinstall, for whatever reason, i don't really want to have to reinstall everything and do all these tweaks and whatnot all over again, which is why Remastersys has saved my life :D

With Remastersys, you can create an ISO of your current setup and use THAT as a live CD with which you can install Ubuntu.

Mine is busy compiling as i type this :D

Image Click click

Enjoy :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

...just waiting for Mr Gutsy to come via the post... great find BTW... one I will be using... (well trying to as I take the concept of n00b to new heights :) )
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

Nice find Ett! I started experimenting with AptOnCD last night... which is also a very good app!

O/T: What theme are you currently using?
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

M1K3 wrote:Nice find Ett! I started experimenting with AptOnCD last night... which is also a very good app!
Me too!!

Yeah, APTonCD is very cool, but i only backs-up your packages, and i SUSPECT that Remastersys will actually backup all your configurations and so on. I have yet to test my Live CD that i made last night though.

M1K3 wrote:O/T: What theme are you currently using?
I'm using Emerald with a theme called Wonbat_Black ;)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
M1K3 wrote:Nice find Ett! I started experimenting with AptOnCD last night... which is also a very good app!
Me too!!

Yeah, APTonCD is very cool, but i only backs-up your packages, and i SUSPECT that Remastersys will actually backup all your configurations and so on. I have yet to test my Live CD that i made last night though.

M1K3 wrote:O/T: What theme are you currently using?
I'm using Emerald with a theme called Wonbat_Black ;)
Cool, well let us know 8)

Nice theme! I'll give Remastersys a try tonight and see how it goes...