New Local Records.

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
MrBean

New Local Records.

Post by MrBean »

Hello Everyone,
Mmm...been playing around with my P4 Northwood/9800XT combo, and managed to break Solo's 26022 record, by a few points. It is now 26059.

Last few weeks was quite a bit of fun for me.

You can visit this linkie anyway to see how you compare to the top 10 on PlanetMars http://www.planetmars.co.za/forums/inde ... SF&s=&f=88 in the following Benchies:

3dMark01
3dMark03
Aquamark
SuperPI.

Nice bit of fun anyway,

Br,
MrBean.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Hey MrBean

That's pretty cool! :)

What P4 Northwood CPU have you got? You must have done a *little* bit of overclocking to get that sort of score! You run watercooling if I'm not mistaken?
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Hi Dom,
I have a 3.2 clocked to 4.36 for the benchies.

and I run it under a VapoLS, full-load temps of the cpu is around -15, and idle temps around -30.

So yes, gfx was clocked to 540gpu (normal 411) and 440mem(normal 365) speeds, so I guess you can call it a little overclock. :D

Br,
MrBean.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Hi Bean, i see that the clock speeds you got ended up at 540 on core and 440 on mem, which are gobstopping if you ask me, but could the card not handle anymore than 540 with the Vapo working on it? You mentioned to me that 550 might be a proposition so i wanna know how come it didn't get up there.

Maybe you should wait for a colder night which should be around the corner and have ur benching session outside, i'm sure that should give something extra! :wink: :D

btw, where do you lie in the ORB now for 01 and 03.

p.s. i see you took the super Pi top spot as well, congrats :!:
Last edited by Fishzn on 05 Jun 2004, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Dom

Post by Dom »

MrBean wrote:Hi Dom,
I have a 3.2 clocked to 4.36 for the benchies.

and I run it under a VapoLS, full-load temps of the cpu is around -15, and idle temps around -30.

So yes, gfx was clocked to 540gpu (normal 411) and 440mem(normal 365) speeds, so I guess you can call it a little overclock. :D

Br,
MrBean.
Wow. That is pretty impressive! VapoLS is phase change cooling right?

Needless to say, I can only dream of the benchmark scores you get... (and here I was, thinking my 15200 was good :? )
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Hi Guys,
Dom:Yip, VapoLS is phase-change. :wink:

Fishy:I never had the VapoPE on the GFX yet, only chiled water, but I might make 560-570 on the gpu with that thing mounted. I am going to start doing it this afternoon, should run some prelim benchies tomorrow eve again. Hopefully I can get to 26500 or so.

So, yeah, I knew I wasn't going to hit 550 with water, but will definately with the VapoPE on the core.

I anyway destryed my previous record in Aquamark as well, I am now sitting 60403 and 4000 points clear of the closest A64+ chip, and 3000 clear of Enigma's P4.

I cannot understand how the P4 is so powerful in Aquamark?

Anyway, I have the no1 in all four local benchmarks.

Br,
MrBean.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

How i hope to have equipment and knowledge like urs Beanie, you are definitely up there with the a few of the worlds best benchmarkers! Now trust me guys thats no mean feat! I love benching an Oc'ing so to be able to do this would be the greatest thing for me!

Can't wait to see what happens in the near future with the new techies, any snippets of what you might do MrBean? Gonna upgrade to keep with the trends or wait like you did with 9800 generation to get back ur benchmarking throne?

Once again i will be following to see what happens when you put the Vapo on the GFX card! Maybe the 26.5K in 01, who knows, with a some extreme, 27K, damn thats going to be hard, but if you can do it, then hats off to you bean!!!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
REN

Post by REN »

Nice going that is very impressive, keep up the good work.
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Fishzn wrote:Once again i will be following to see what happens when you put the Vapo on the GFX card! Maybe the 26.5K in 01, who knows, with a some extreme, 27K, damn thats going to be hard, but if you can do it, then hats off to you bean!!!
Hi Fishy,
You were spot on, I hit 26516 this afternoon, but sytem is maxed out, so I guess I won't do better on the Northwood.

But, I am happy even so, and from now onwards I will focus on 3dMark03, which is mainly P4 Territory..... :D

But, there is always crazies like Solo/Andyddr/Naughty/AllBrain/Flytek with monstrous Amd systems, that can kill my scores easily. So, better I be catfoot.... 8O

See you guys later,
MrBean.
naughty

Post by naughty »

dom - 15200 would be good if it was an untweaked score with no overclocks - but with my chip overclocked to 2.4ghz and no card overclocks i get around 19000 points and overclocking the card takes me over the 20000 points mark easilly which just shows how the 5900xt is crippled by the loss of the pipelines that have been disabled

beanie has been getting better than great scores recently and the incoming winter could help a bit more - i expect him to get that 27k soon enough which would make him the undisputed king with a 9800xt card

most of the other guys are going on to newer cards so you will also probably see some 28k/29k scores here soon - maybe even 30k but expect 3dmark 03 to soon also reach the 13k/14k level soon with the new cards

but its all about how high you get within your class and beanie is among only 3 people in the world above 26k with a northwood cpu so its great going - and i dont expect him to stop here
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Wow...

Hats off to you Mr Bean :!: :!: :!:

Whats ur 3D Mark 03 score now??

and : If your system is still running so cool under load , cant you up your CPU by some more??

Or , even better still : When will u be getting a Fx6800 Ultra or X800 ??

Man... the scores ull hit with one of those babies.... 8O
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Dom

Post by Dom »

but its all about how high you get within your class and beanie is among only 3 people in the world above 26k with a northwood cpu so its great going - and i dont expect him to stop here
Damn! I knew beanie's scores were impressive, but within the top 3 in the world? 8O Wow... all I can say is flippin' fantastic! :D

Hey naughty, my 15200 score was achieved by overclocking my 5900XT to 428/770. I wanted to get a 5950 Ultra at the time, but I didn't have the $$$

Oh well, with my next GFX upgrade, I'll do my level best to get a 6800 Ultra. (Although, I suppose I shouldn't complain about my 5900XT... it gets the job done!)

naughty

Post by naughty »

Damn! I knew beanie's scores were impressive, but within the top 3 in the world?
qualifying thing is that this is with a northwood cpu - the other guys higher in his class are doing it with a P4 EE instead - and ive done a compare - he is 9th in the world in that class - and six of those guys before him are using P4EE cpu's - which should actually be in another class altogether

the top three in the world has just changed - since the newer cards have come out - 3 months ago this would have taken beanie onto the first page of the ORB unlimited though - so its still great - just shows that given the same equipemnt as those guys we can do it too
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

:oops: You guys are making me blush here....but, thanx for all the compliments, and praise and everything... :wink: a lot depends on the hardware though, as you might get lucky and get some good overclocking capable stuff, or crap....

It is great fun doing this, and Naughty was visiting with Lord Rage and we made the 26516 run, which was quite nice to see...but, as mentioned, my system is maxed out, hopefully Tamsin and her crew will "loan" me a P4 EE for a few days, so we can see if we can hit 28K.... :D

But, as NAughty said, we are quite happy to have made the 26.5k, it was hard work, but, I set myself a goal for 26.5, and barely managed to make it.

I'll keep you guys posted as to any new developements, and thanx for your ongoing support. :D

Br,
Beanie.