Cheapest place for Hardware?

Any hardware related topics go here.
Mikdog

Cheapest place for Hardware?

Post by Mikdog »

Hi guys,

Anyone got any good places to buy hardware from? It seems the prices for various hardware components varies greatly from place to place. For example, a GeForce FX5900 ULTRA costs in the region of R4000.00 at one shop and R2000.00 at another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking to get a HARD DRIVE (80 GIG or so), Graphics Card (newish model: GeForce 5900/Radeon 9800) and perhaps even a new motherboard and an AMD chip.

Thanks
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Computersonly.co.za are selling Geforce FX5900 for R1899.00 if you are interested, the website is www.computersonly.co.za

I got mine today, can't wait to install it tonight :P

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

if you in pretoria area i reccomend ComX they very good, goto their site and download the price list... http://www.comx.co.za
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:Computersonly.co.za are selling Geforce FX5900 for R1899.00 if you are interested, the website is www.computersonly.co.za

I got mine today, can't wait to install it tonight :P
Hey OnlyOne, please post your 3DMark score cause i am seriously considering replacing me GF4mx....
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

The prices vary from dealer to dealer, so there isn't really "a cheapest place" - to really get the cheapest prices is to become a hardware reseller which requires you to be in the business. Obviously not everyone can be, so your best bet is to find a reseller who sells a LOT and is able to pass on savings to the buyer.

Steer clear of the smaller guys - no hard feelings, but the guarantees aren't that easy and there's a lot of shysters ready to rip you off.

Here's who I use (not always the cheapest, but very reliable)

http://www.pcint.co.za
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

might also want to take a look at

www.buycomputers.co.za and www.cyberdyne.co.za

i havnt tried buycomputers yet, but from what i see they'r prices are good, cyberdyne ive used a few times, also good.
Reality is the Illusion we all agree upon
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

If you in cape town i'd seriously recommend Cafe Java, cheapest shop in this entire town i swear.

Unless you got a friend, whi's dad deals with rectron
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

http://www.sybaritic.co.za

their prices are very competitive. And as far as i've found they've got the best delivery charges as well.

http://www.cyberdyne.co.za has got me a few really good deals as well.

http://www.buycomputers.co.za , i've always has trouble with their website (kept getting errors loading the page) so i can't tell u about their service or prices
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Hi man, it all depends on where you live!

If you're in CT then i know a guy who has most of the stuff at a far cheaper price than most of the shops because he imports directly! Drop me a PM if you want to contact him! I strongly suggest you get a GFX card from him as his prices are delicious!
Then there www.computersonly.co.za, they have a pretty extensive range with alot of good prices, certain prices are over the top but most aren't!

If you're in JHB then i'd say try cyberdyne, who have some bargain prices for certain components! Also as ryanrich mentioned try ComX, they have an extensive range at average prices! Theres also a few places like Frotosa, nakedit.

If you're in Durban, then i know Kzncomputers, who have nice prices on the main components except GFX cards, also Zentek have good prices on most things! If however you're looking for a cheap place to buy a GFX card, then you are outta luck, rather ship one from jhb or CT, will be cheaper!

Cheers

P.s. If you want to buy wait a month, all those things will be alot cheaper than usual esp the gfx cards!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info! Those site mentioned in the forum look pretty good! Always useful to have a short list with possible sellers - makes looking around much easier! :D

BTW, Fishzn, good idea to wait a month or so. Prices do drop a lot as new stuff gets released on the market. 'Buy today's technology cheaper tomorrow' is how things inevitably work. You know, technology is DEFINETELY the one investment that doesn't appreciate in value over time! "Yay! An antique motherboard! It's worth a fortune at an auction!" Not likely! :wink:

Thanks again. Good links.

MikDog
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

Best prices = InstantComputers.

PM or email me. instantcomputers@absamail.co.za

Schweet
L8r :arrow:

All hail the cheese
Supplier of Smart-IT Business Management & Accounting solutions

Smart-IT

Point of Sale/ Ledger/ Customers/ Suppliers/ Workshop/ Stock/ Purchases/ Quote/ HR
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

the cheapest place to but is the USA and then have it shipped in as a "gift"(tax free
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?
Firestar

Post by Firestar »

Or you can just PM me and I will get you the best prices cause I buy from all of these suppliers.

I am in JHB though.