HP Pavilion dv9008nr woes

Any hardware related topics go here.
SiLeN

HP Pavilion dv9008nr woes

Post by SiLeN »

While I was in the States I bought myself the above laptop.
Didnt really know much about laptops back then.
About 2 months ago the hinge on the left hand side where the security lock is located cracked. Have not had the time to take it in for repairs until now.
Phoned and emailed HP with regards to this issue as it is still under the one year warranty but got different responses...

1) It is covered by the warranty just need to take it into Axiz Cape Town as it is their service centre
2) Not covered by the warranty as I must have damaged it physically
3) Axiz says I must have damaged it so it voids the warranty

I have tried to explain to them that it did not in anyway damage the laptop physically as it has been used as a desktop replacement machine and is not moved around. I have also found a blog online with quite a feel people having the exact same problem with this particular machine

http://www.notebookhingecrack.com/2007/ ... ck-update/

Has anyone else had the same problem with this machine? If so what steps did you take to repair it?
Any advice of how I can go out handling this problem? It is quite ridiculous that they just assume that I must have dropped it by mistake without even analysing the facts and now this expensive piece of equipment sits on my desk with an ugly crack on the side... :( cant even close the lid as I dont want to further strain the hinge.

:(