BitDefender Internet Security 2008

Viruses, hackers and crackers
WAJeff

BitDefender Internet Security 2008

Post by WAJeff »

I've heard some really good things about this app, wanted to know if anyone uses it or has used BitDefender Internet Security before I go out and buy it.
Just wanna know if its a resource hog, I dont have the quickest PC around
and if it works well. I've had a few Anti Virus and firewall packages and they werent that great
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

BitDefender has been discussed quite a few times on the forum. Nothing wrongwith it. Not a resource hog by any stretch of the imagination.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Mate, Nod32 is THE anti virus, as for firewall, go for a router.

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated :D :bigups: :D
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Yeah, like schase said, there is nothing wrong with Bitdefender, but Nod32 is world class mate. It is truly leaps and bounds ahead of any anti-virus out there.

Try the free 30 day trail.

http://www.eset.com/

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

or

http://www.avira.com/en/pages/index.php

Avira anti-vir, just as good as nod32 and there is a free version :wink:

Rob
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Yeah, ive used that aswell and i must say, its very good. It all comes down 2 personal preference in the end.

Also, common sense beats any anti virus ever.

Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I must admit, I quite like this Nod32. I'd heard of it, of course, but never actually tried it till today. It's highly unobtrusive, and extremely customisable if you used the advanced install option.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

bitdefender IS suffers the same malady as all the other "holistic" protection packages... being jack of all trades, master of none...

for the intelligent user who excercises all due caution, it will perform well... just nowhere near as well as the dedicated packages available..

for av, nod32 or antivir, (not the free version - it's hobbled), and firewall either outpost or, 2nd prize, comodo...

nod32's minimal footprint, tiny updates and amazingly quick scans, (even in-depth), make it a winner... especially in high-risk environments, (multiple users, loan machines, etc...).
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

I have NOD32 and very impressed with it :wink:

Whatever you do just DONT GO NORTON!!!!
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

I will never go with that package!!!!!
My Dad ran it for a while and even he couldnt stand it :evil:
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

The new norton isnt too shyte to be honest.

WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

All the Norton versions I have used have slowed my machine down so much :cry:
And AVG was picking up more issues than Norton
Sasbon

Post by Sasbon »

I use it on Vista. It's good. Their latest version is a huge improvement Helped me recently to get rid of W32.Sality. It also has a game mode setting, when activated it still works in the backround, but without interference on your gaming. I prefer Kaspersky though.
0HaNsA0

Post by 0HaNsA0 »

eset smart security is gonna be released soon....its nod32 with firewall etc. had the beta and it was great
JustIce91

Post by JustIce91 »

I have BD IS its not too bad.
Its protected me from all threats (so far), is easily customisable and when you do get the odd problem (which does happen occasionally) the live customer support are very helpful. I wont change
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Well, I have an unopened version of Bit Defender total security 2008. It still has the plastic wrap around the box. I believe it retails for R600, if you want I will sell it for R300 [I use NOD, so no reason to change]. I won it at rAge for my clan winning the Battlefield comp. If you are interested PM me.
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
JustIce91

Post by JustIce91 »

LordRage wrote:Well, I have an unopened version of Bit Defender total security 2008. It still has the plastic wrap around the box. I believe it retails for R600, if you want I will sell it for R300 [I use NOD, so no reason to change]. I won it at rAge for my clan winning the Battlefield comp. If you are interested PM me.
R600??? Its not nearly that much. Its about half that. +- R300.00 you will get for.
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

geez, thats bad. I saw one the other day for R600 [granted it seemed to be a very badly made website] and just left it at that. Its actually R410 from digital planet, my apologies. Maybe I should look at selling it for R200 then?
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
JustIce91

Post by JustIce91 »

LordRage wrote:geez, thats bad. I saw one the other day for R600 [granted it seemed to be a very badly made website] and just left it at that. Its actually R410 from digital planet, my apologies. Maybe I should look at selling it for R200 then?
Yeah, as long as its unopened that sounds alright