Your favourite computer shop story Thread

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

TheMartyr wrote:img incest secks!!!!
nooooo....

acidkid - did he see you look at him while he was playing with himself?
and he carried on??
omg i would have gone into the back and blocked his internet with a msg saying "Leave Now!"
[edit] Yeah he looked straight in my eyes and kaked himself.
(I was kaked even more)

No the first time I saw him slapping it around like a speed ball , bust him (come one the dude must know a bust when he sees one) thinking he would leave...Only to have him there the whole morning and afternoon. He tried to hide it but is was so obvious...

Every bust he would sit as close as he can to the desk as possible so we dont see his mouse pointer...

Unless he really thought we beleived in is fine computer art of staring at the desktop backround for like 8 hours....
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

well mine coulda cost me alot of i didnt know anything bout pc's.

my current system i have, before i got the nforce mobo i had a albatron 960 mobo, but for some reason it didnt work with my cpu, now i thought that a 1333fsb cpu will just scale itself down when inserted into a 1066fsb mobo, honestly thats what i thought and the sales person did 2.

anyhow it didnt work so i took it into the company, 3 weeks later they called, said sorry "a copper skrew on your mobo caused it to fry", i was like huh? then why does the thing power on still?, anyhow i collect it, and i send my mom in the next day saying her daughter's pc wont work hehe to try and catch them out you see.

they call a month later and say "sorry we dont know whats wrong with it, but the motherboard works, your cpu is fried", again i was like huh?, so i go in with my mom next to me and say listen here, you told my the mobo is gone, and i woulda bought a brand new one, to find out the same, and then you say the cpu is gone, i want the manager, manager comes, we test the cpu, cpu works in other mobo, test my mobo, works fine, and i knew nothing has blown, just incompatability somewhere.

later on the manager checks the mobo i bought, and says "he is sorry, but that mobo isnt compatable, he will order me the right one, the nforce board i have now, and i dont have to pay the full price, just the difference.." a month later the board arrives, and its working like a charm, just to think the techy telling me its blown coulda cost me another mobo and more time wasted testing, if only they tested it thoroughly to begin with instead of just plugging it in and syaing'sorry its blown".

mate i wouldnt fckng be standing here if i knew its blown, im here cause i know there is something else wrong now test it with your components, find the problem and swap. hahah fooooooook me i was de moer in hey hahahah

edit: my bad, better?
Last edited by po10cy on 19 Oct 2007, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

he fixed it :-D
Last edited by Sojourn on 19 Oct 2007, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Yeah its a bit hard to keep track of all those lines, eish.
EVILer

Post by EVILer »

ok my story happened a couple of years ago in my first techie job.

i worked for a company that made me drive around to clients :evil: , this client was in PTA somewhere i cant remember where and we are based in Randburg, so its quite far. Well i reloaded one womans pc completely because there was something wrong and i took it back the same day, tested and all working fine, sat there for 30min making sure that all is working and she agreed.

next morning i come into work only to have this woman phoning saying that i broke the computer before i left so that they have to pay again to get it fixed. Now this thing was working i know it. She says its not booting its only on a black screen saying NTLDR is missing(stiffy...right..) so i go through the steps, turn off and on check for a stiffy. very upset she makes it clear that she is not dumb and that i must come and correct my problem.

so....drive back there knowing what the problem is i get to the office mid day, having this woman perform for me. so i stood a bit back from her desk looked at the pc while rubbing my chin and then screamed out " aha! i know what the problem is!!" and then proceeded to eject the stiffy! and magically booted up the pc!

then i quite calmly gave her the R500 invoice for my troubles and went on lunch!
Intel 3.4 Dual Core
4 GB DDR 800
XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MB
2 X 250GB SATA
2 X 320GB SATA
1 X 120GB IDE
Coolermaster WC System
Gigabyte 3D Aurora570 Case
2 X Acer 19\\\" Wide LCD
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

<OT>
there is a world of difference between knowledge and intellect.. the two do not even share the same bedsitter... i mention it only because the OP smacked of self stimulation of the basest sort.
</OT>

the wierdest experience was the guy trying to hit the store manager with a keyboard, (actually chased him with it..), because someone failed to tell him they only had USB boards when he called earlier..... i believe he was trying to claim his mileage back... his negotiation skills were a sight to see... screaming, ranting... unfortunately no actual foaming, but the fun was cut short at that point by a red-faced spouse...

(Anakha56 probably knows this store quite well.. and some of the customers :wink: )

some people have only a tenuous grip on reality...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
_SamIAm_

Post by _SamIAm_ »

^^lmao.... EVILer i have had that happen to me a couple times, luckly i dont have to drive 40km to get the my clients desks :roll:
TheMartyr

Post by TheMartyr »

reading this is making me realise how most people know F/A about computers... but they think they do.
Hello im a signature
Mr_Norris

Post by Mr_Norris »

Once this lady let rip [and she was quite butch] on the phone at me.

First of all, it wasn't my problem. When I started I inherited problems of their past.

After like 15 SOLID minutes of being torn apart, she went quiet.

And I said:

"Are you finished now?"

:lol: :lol:

Man I had brass ones back in the day
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

pc guys have no problems the vodashop ppl do tho, they get k@kked on of note! when working there i once had a angry client, cause a techy said his phone is liquid damaged and i said we cant fix it cause its liquid, tell me iim not a man (i mean wtf did that come from) and i said im more of a man than u are, then he said "show me you a man, are you circumsised?" and i just laughed in his face,took his phone, put it in the bin and said "thats where your phone belongs cause its fckd", manager kakked me out obvioisly infront the client but at the back she laughed and said it was brilliant.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
Futs

Post by Futs »

I was doing phone support for a biggish pc company a year or so back when a client phoned in to let me know that his MS Wireless KB and mouse was not working at the same time on his motherboard. (those boards had some serious issues so I believed him). He thought that it might be the PS2 port on the receiver side that was faulty.

So he returned the unit and swapped out, now each trip he would do about 70KM there and then back. Get back to his office, not working jumps on the phone again going off how crap MS products are and that he'll never support our business again cause we sell faulty equipment.

Told him I'll phone him back once I have an answer for hime. Took a unit out of storage set it up and I got the same problem, updated the BIOS and did some research on the problem, turned out that on some boards you need only use the USB connector. So I phoned him back and told him to use only the USB. This is where he got mad, I would put the phone down on the table and listend when it got quiet.

They apparently tried to do that and it still was not working, I explained that I have it set up here and it is working. Told him if he doesn't come right to bring it in and we'll have a look.

I met him in our warranty department, all the way with him going on. I kept quiet and started setting up the machine got into Windows only to have him silent as it was working.

I looked at hime and raised my browes, the whole department went quite with a big "Mother Fuxor" from him.

From then on he listened when phoning in for support :)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

So I had to go to Pretoria this morning (I'm sure everyone was wondering where I've been :P) and then I stopped at Eastgate on the way home. Now, I have been trying since Wednesday to get a copy of The Orange Box around Alberton, but no luck thus far. So I first thought of stopping at Menlyn or something, but then I figured I'd just do Eastgate on the way home, because The Orange Box is sure to be there somewhere, right?

Well, I first tried the music shops, CNA, Game, etc. because I generally try EVERY other option before resorting to Incredible Corruption. Unable to find it anywhere, I resign myself to IC. I walk in, go the games section at the back, and see nothing. Hmmmmm ... Then a sales assistant asks if he can help me. "I'm looking for The Orange Box," I say. "Do you have?"

I could immediately tell by the look on his face that I had him. You could almost read his mind: "Most of the boxes we get are like a light brown colour." Give him credit for striving for customer satisfaction, however. "Well, sir, we normally don't give away boxes, but I can ask the manager. But does it HAVE to be an ORANGE box?"

I was tempted to tell him that I would settle for a Black Box, but that I didn't think they made them. In the end, however, I was gracious. I told him it was for a very specific project, and it just HAD to be orange.
Futs

Post by Futs »

Someone I spoke with some time back, can't remember who, told me that when he asked what the difference was between 2 CRT monitors he was told that the one's response time was a lot quicker.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

I got told that if you have dead pixels on your LCD all you need to do is degauss the screen. Moron.

Degaussing is what you do to your CRT if you happen to get it too close to a magnet.
what the difference was between 2 CRT monitors he was told that the one's response time was a lot quicker.
He probably meant refresh.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

these stories are hilarious.
this is why I dislike working in shops where I have to be involved with clients becuase people are morons and I generally dislike most bipedals that have vocal cords and tongues.

I helped Mr. Norris at his old job and we shared the dealing with ****** customers. that was more than enough for one life time.

We work at a take out joint on the weekend, and now days we don't take crap from customers. we just give them lip and our boss backs us up which makes our lives easier and our proverbial balls bigger :)
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Meh. I went to help a guy, Media Player was giving trouble, I take a look and notice he has WinXP Media Center on the pc. So I install WMP 10, because the error read that WMP needs to be re-installed. That sorted WMP out, then out of curiosity I asked the guy why he has Media Center on, because I knew he had XP Pro on the pc before. So he tells me that someone else installed it for him because MCE the guy claimed it's "better" than "normal" XP :roll:
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
DeanMF

Post by DeanMF »

Hman wrote:So he tells me that someone else installed it for him because MCE the guy claimed it's "better" than "normal" XP :roll:
I was actually told this by a local pc store as well that time it was released :roll:

Hahaha! What the poeple tell you just to sell something :P
Forum Points: 25 618 :)
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

I think the guy must've worked for IC in the past. :lol:
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

well i went to my local pc shop 2 weeks ago and i got a 2.5" ide casing 4 my laptop hdd that was lying here not used. so i take it home and connect it all up. it didn't work the hard drive started but did not read. so i asked a friend to bring his casing so i can test my hdd. it works in his so i take the casing back. the guy at the store checks it and everything finds out and tells me yes it a faulty casing. so i ask can i get a replacement. so his like...no i can't cos his not a technition on duty and i must wait till a tech checks it. then the tech must send it away to b tested at the supplier. then if they say yes its broken i can get a new 1.....and all this takes bout a week...so i am told. :evil:
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

DeathStrike wrote:well i went to my local pc shop 2 weeks ago and i got a 2.5" ide casing 4 my laptop hdd that was lying here not used. so i take it home and connect it all up. it didn't work the hard drive started but did not read. so i asked a friend to bring his casing so i can test my hdd. it works in his so i take the casing back. the guy at the store checks it and everything finds out and tells me yes it a faulty casing. so i ask can i get a replacement. so his like...no i can't cos his not a technition on duty and i must wait till a tech checks it. then the tech must send it away to b tested at the supplier. then if they say yes its broken i can get a new 1.....and all this takes bout a week...so i am told. :evil:
thats the standard return period.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

One word (3 actually, 1 acronym)... LOL!!!!1
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

All these stories really proves that some ppl are complete idiots!
My friend emailed me somewhere in the june holiday that he went to a pc shop in montana crossing (I think). He asked about a problem he was having with using sata and ide hard-drives together, so the guy told him to "update his BIOS". My friend told him: "Yes, I already flashed the BIOS a few times"
Then he said: "Why do you flash the BIOS? Why not just upgrade it?"
Then he told my friend: "To FLASH your bios, you need to open your case, find the CLEAR_CMOS jumper, take it out, put it in again. Now you flashed it".

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now this guy is really retarded!

Another thing on IC, I think that their new name should be "Incredible Expensive". No really. I now have my pc one year and a few months. It isn't killer specs, but the am2 dual core was still kinda new technology when I got it.
(amd 4200+ x2 am2, 1gb ram, 160gb hdd, 6600gt256ram, msi-k9n_neo-f mobo, 400w psu, not too bad I think)
I think that in total I paid about +-R5200 for it (excl screen of course). The other day I walked into Incrdbl Exensive and I saw something that wasn't even near as good as my pc.
(amd 4000+ x2, 512ram, 160gb hdd, graphic unknown maybe even onboard, modo unknown, psu unknown, card reader, vista starter)
And they asked a wooping R7200!!!! And this is a YEAR older that mine!! They are completely and utterly useless, retarded and taking part in daylight robbery.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

KillerByte wrote:
DeathStrike wrote:well i went to my local pc shop 2 weeks ago and i got a 2.5" ide casing 4 my laptop hdd that was lying here not used. so i take it home and connect it all up. it didn't work the hard drive started but did not read. so i asked a friend to bring his casing so i can test my hdd. it works in his so i take the casing back. the guy at the store checks it and everything finds out and tells me yes it a faulty casing. so i ask can i get a replacement. so his like...no i can't cos his not a technition on duty and i must wait till a tech checks it. then the tech must send it away to b tested at the supplier. then if they say yes its broken i can get a new 1.....and all this takes bout a week...so i am told. :evil:
thats the standard return period.
ya ya...thats wat the guy said. but still i think its BS cos dey know that its faulty and shuld give me a swop out now i must wait a whole extra week. Standards suck.
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

if u ever plan on purchasing goods at makro, make sure u do ur research - those fools will sell u a microwave thinking it a monitor - my award for incompetent staff goes to makro pc dptmnt
Toshiba A-100 Satellite Pro - C2D - 2 GHZ - ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256 MB - 1 gig Ram - Harmon Kardon Sound :)