Can you find An Extreme Overclock & Bench

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
Fishzn

Can you find An Extreme Overclock & Bench

Post by Fishzn »

Well i started this thread with the intention of overclockers and benchmarkers alike to find any extreme overclock with and almost awe-striking, fear-inducing benchmark score!

N.B. Be prepared to feel like absolute Shyte after seeing these results :lol: also it doesn't neccesarily have to be a score but anything dealing with an extreme overclock or mod

Well heres a Radeon 9600 XT Score:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7312458

This is a thousand points clear of any 9600 score i've ever heard of, btw it was done on an AMD 64 :D 8O :wink:

Or Try this baby on for size, an absolutely incredible feat of a machine! Scores aren't the greatest but the Speeds are incredible! 8O
http://vasserver.dyndns.org:88/vasdn/fo ... IC_ID=2498

Shew, i can't breathe anymore 8O
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Does the PC necessarely have to be in one piece after the bench :wink: :?:
naughty

Post by naughty »

LOL - fish - that vapo rig looks identical to MrBeans rig but only his doesnt have the water on the northbridge and gpu yet - even though he has the exact same waterchill blocks already

since you are in durban maybe one day you could come over and have a look at his rig (and maybe mine too) - though im now splitting mine up into two different projects - both equally as exciting - one watercooled silent multimedia rig and one screaming aircooled Athlon64 demon

anyways you dont have to travel too far to see the vapo - theres one right here in durban and with my 9800pro it absolutely rocks - already we have reached 22k in 3dmark as a combined effort without pushing too hard - will have better scores soon though
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Naughty: Have you got your Athlon64 yet??? when you get it tell me so I can come see..

LR
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

My scores after some slight OC:

Before: 10960

After: 12331
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

This is the best I can do without burning my hardware.
naughty

Post by naughty »

LordRage wrote:Naughty: Have you got your Athlon64 yet??? when you get it tell me so I can come see..

LR
well lordrage - i dont have it yet - but ive got the cash for it so im just waiting for the 3000+ to be available here
1338_h4x0r

Post by 1338_h4x0r »

i read on furturemark about a guy ocing his p4 3.2 ghz to somewhere around 4ghz could be possible but i doubt it
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Naughty: cool, if you wanna get it through me just ask. DAMN I cant wait to see your scores with that beast in your machine...

1338_h4x0r: Actually it is very possible, Phase Change Cooling or even ln2 cooling makes that very possible in certain countries, if you have questions about extreme cooling speak to Naughty or Mr Bean at PM, they know everything!!!
1338_h4x0r

Post by 1338_h4x0r »

sure cool. dont you mean mr berns?
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

naughty wrote: since you are in durban maybe one day you could come over and have a look at his rig (and maybe mine too) - though im now splitting mine up into two different projects - both equally as exciting - one watercooled silent multimedia rig and one screaming aircooled Athlon64 demon

anyways you dont have to travel too far to see the vapo - theres one right here in durban and with my 9800pro it absolutely rocks - already we have reached 22k in 3dmark as a combined effort without pushing too hard - will have better scores soon though
Thats a great Offer Naughty and i will sure as hell take the oppurtunity to see a smasher like that one! ESP a VAPO, forgive me i haven't seen such great watercooling live as yet! As soon as i start University next year and get my own means of transport, i will be sure to make an arrangement to meet you guys!

As for the clocking i've read at PM that you're well on your way to 22K and maybe will be breaking 23K with the combined power of Beanie! Hope it all works out! Maybe when your 64 comes, then Enigma will be dethroned! Even though enigma is there, i still have a feeling that Solo has some sorta trick up his sleeve! If you take him out then there's gonna be some real competition! :wink:
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

What's up with this? Goto the first post and check out the first link to futuremark, their description reads:
***Testing*** Shuttle AN50R, A64 3200+ @ 2385Mhz @ 1.79v on stock air cooling, 8x298Mhz FSB, 256MB OCZ Platinum Limited Edition @ 240Mhz 2-2-2-5, Retail Sapphire 9600 XT w/ Volt modded Vgpu+ Vmem @ 700/740, cooled by R-22 Chiller feeding a Swiftech MCW50-T Special Thanks to Ryan @ OCZ Technology, XtremeSystems, XtremeTekWerkz and Swiftech ***High FSB test***
But the system config reads:
CPU AMD Duron(tm) Processor 2385 MHz

FSB 25 MHz

Memory 256 MB
What's up with that?
naughty

Post by naughty »

i read on furturemark about a guy ocing his p4 3.2 ghz to somewhere around 4ghz could be possible but i doubt it
well you will soon see results of a 3.0C overclocked to 4ghz with a watercooled 9800pro right here in durban - dont doubt 4ghz since the "C" chips have been doing that for ages in places where it snows and outside temps are around -5 degrees celcius - whereas with durban being around 32 degrees and higher on the average at the moment we are not gonna see more than 4ghz - will post some wcpuid or cpuz screenies when we do it

MrBean and myself have been doing that combined effort and already we have been conducting some tests at 3.9ghz - highest ive come across was 4.5ghz for complete benching runs - look at futuremarks ORB and you will see that 4ghz was breached ages ago - it was possible many months ago and has been done many numerous times - and the 3.2 will do it probably with good watercooling in snowy circumstances

Lordrage - i will phone you during the week - im still deciding on the mobo and the A64 3000+ has been released overseas - which should come in here at around R1750 to R2000 retail prices - so its gonna be real cheap to get an A64 real soon - give it around a month by which time i will also get some of that mushkin ram that solo and enigma are running - then you will see some fun

@charger - 3dmark and some proggies cannot properly recognise some new hardware - also it will only recognise speeds at settings you booted up at - whereas now many overclockers are using a bit of software called the "crystall clockgen" to overclock in windows - you can now reset your fsb and multiplier etc without having to do in the bios and this proggie is made by the same guys who made wcpuid -
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Naughty: Look forward to it!! I have to save for a car so I might put off my March upgrade and put that money towards a deposit for a car. But I still getting the watercooling at end of Jan. How much are you bringing the Mushkin Mem in for?? maybe I should get that instead of my Enermax?? What you think??
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Whoah, any guys with 9700 Pros, here is something that might shock you into progression and maybe motivate you to do something like that to ur very own! This is quite an in-depth article and i suggest that you d'l and read it fully as it will only benefit you in the end! At least you will learn a thing or two!
Here it is:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/ ... cking.html

Oops almost forgot bout this one, its one for both Nvidia and ATI Fanboys, maybe you guys can settle on something after this article or maybe not:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/ ... ultra.html

Read on ppl and be amazed!
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Well this topic has died away, since i hardly go around researching benching anyomore! But i have found something that might be of interest to a few, well if you KNOW MACCI, then here's a couple pics of his rig demo'd at the System builders summit at barcelona!

http://www.muropaketti.com/sampsa/kuvia/r420_launch/

Follow the link, trust me these are some hectic pictures, not for the easilf offended :lol:

oh i also found this link of some earlier watercooling attempts, when it was considered dangerous, LOL

http://larkin.nuclearwinter.com/cool/

Shew he got some good temps there!