HAX-becoming system user

Viruses, hackers and crackers
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

eraser wrote::lol:

I take it that you dont like windows! :wink: :P
I'm with him on that.

It does show the extent of the holes in Windows.
These are holes that are basically ignored and should have not been possible from the begining.
95 and 98 I can see why it would have these holes but 2k and XP? No way should there be massive leaks like this.

My lecturer says that there is another way to get admin rights so I will try find out how and let you guys know.

P.S.-I am a white-hat-hacker, not a black-hat-hacker. I do not want to do this to delete records and info. I am just curious.
I am also a nuub white-hat-hacker-I havent done very much but I am hoping to change that.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

I dont actually understand how this is possible. or What exactly happens here.

In what kind of network does this work ?

Normal workgroup or (LAN) as in a hub or 2 with pc's connected to it ?

or a Proper domain setup all connected to a domain controller using active directory via LDAP?

Surely to gain any user rights you need to authenticate first. (Domain controller environment)
E.g if you log in as a user call it Billy.Bob :-)

You are logged in and your PC domain client will check your privileges.
If you wanted to browse a network path witch billy.bob dont have access to, it
will popup with a username and password box, and you then specify domain\Administrator
with the password and you current session can then access that path if you log out your session gets ended

and once you log in Billy.Bob will not have privileges again to access that network path again
unless obviously the domain admin password is entered.

That tells me, Windows caches the username and password in Memory (for seamless authentication purposes aswell)

So if the password was never sent , how can it gain admin access ?

They way i understand it is, you end the session partially then the AT command ( task scheduler) basically runs CMD.EXE as the admin user or
system user, because the current users session is not active or something like that ?

All good , but what ever happens you then have admin rights (Local Admin) how will this help you to connect and run commands on
remote PC's ?
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

I know what you are saying-However my Lecturer said that there is a way to get admin rights.

He never pointed us in any direction and even now when he told the guys to block .bat files from running, he says its still possible. i figured out to use bat files so he is testing us with what he tought us and to see if we can use logic to solve the issue.

Were not saying were 100% right, just trying every method to see if it works.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(