World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

Hex_Rated wrote:I hardly play any game besides WoW anymore. Most games don't hold my attention for more than a month. And I been playing WoW for almost a year.
point made, that's how I used to feel about CS:Source, not anymore I need something new.. Let's hope Ut 07 and Crysis are good :)
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

I've been playing wow for over 2 years now. Its good but its not that good. Reason for going back might be the addiction. But I wont be playing alliance again. I have reached and done everything possible with my given connection and other real life barriers.

The only games I can compare is guild wars and world of warcraft. You will keep playing because lets face it you paid for 60 days and dont want to waste the time. Guild wars is free after you bought it and you can always go back whenever you feel like it.

I think what attracts people to MMOs are the mass crowds you get. My brother hates MMOs and other multi player games. He will only lan. For me thats not good enough. I need to see more people than just the 8 or so.

The major thing about wow is its warcraft. Nothing else really matters. Its been more than 10 years since the series started and by the looks of things world of warcraft will end the series in some way. All the major names that should have died has somehow escaped death only to appear in it.

Kel Thuzad and Sapphiron gets killed by you. Illidan is alive and you kill him in wow aswell. The heroes from warcraft 2 that sacrificed themselves to save azeroth is alive and kicking.

So with all this it is the warcraft universe that attracts many players from around the world. And yes the 60 sub is worth it. But the game is just to time consuming in the end. There is no way to see all the content unless a guild have everything on farming status and can sleep walk thru instances. You will spend around 3 months per end game getting ready for the next one and the sad thing is if you dont you wont see the next part.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

psYChowIt wrote:Not to crash the party but is wow really THAT good? (You know, to make it worth buying those 60day subscription thingies)
Yes

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Is it just me or are there less and less mid level items these days in AH? :?
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

psYChowIt wrote:Not to crash the party but is wow really THAT good? (You know, to make it worth buying those 60day subscription thingies)
It's like smoking. Once you start it gets real hard to quit. You keep telling yourself that you can quit any moment but deep down inside you know that you are hopelessly addicted. :lol:
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Y0da wrote:Is it just me or are there less and less mid level items these days in AH? :?
It depends on the age of the server. So do the economics.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I rolled an undead rogue on Shattered Halls last night to check out the PvP scene. When I got to lvl 10 I went to check AH for lvl 10 to 20 gear. There's just about nothing a self respecting rogue would want to use! Gonna be hard getting good gear on that realm untill 50 it seems. I named the rogue Corpius and decided to take to gathering professions (Skinning and Mining) to get the cash flow going. Will see how it goes. ;)
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on some stuff you can expect from patch 2.3

Head over to http://www.worldofraids.com/
Its just too much to direct link right here

Some really nice caster gear and can finnaly get myself some +spell haste gear to see how well it works :)

Check it out :D
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

So levelling 20-60 is going to be much quicker. Nice! When's the patch due? This weekend?
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Y0da wrote:I rolled an undead rogue on Shattered Halls last night to check out the PvP scene. When I got to lvl 10 I went to check AH for lvl 10 to 20 gear. There's just about nothing a self respecting rogue would want to use! Gonna be hard getting good gear on that realm untill 50 it seems. I named the rogue Corpius and decided to take to gathering professions (Skinning and Mining) to get the cash flow going. Will see how it goes. ;)
Mate, don't waste gold on buying overpriced rubbish on the AH, you will replace gear so quickly while leveling from quest rewards and dungeon drops anyway. Rather save your gold so that you can buy your faster mounts as soon as you ding, cos then you will lvl even faster. Also, never waste gold on enchanting items until you start getting epics, cos that is also a big waste, and you wont notice the difference at a low level anyway.

Skinning and mining is good for gold... look forward 2 chatting 2 u ingame, ill add you 2 my friends when i log on later ;P if you need 2 know anything just gief old laz a shout. I'm also high lvl enchanter so ill enchant your gear for free ;p ill even get the mats if they are cheap even though im really poor these days, recently spent 5200g on an epic flyer lol and about 2000g on leveling enchanting... the last wand i crafted cost me like 300g in mats. GG!

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Hex_Rated wrote:When's the patch due? This weekend?
It goes on the PTRs this evening and theres a new 10 man instance so it could still be about a month. There could even be a patch 2.3.1 before it goes live

Anyone have any ideas on how to join the PTRs?
I really wanna look at Zul Aman right now
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Check the forums, the PTR servers are US based so expect laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

_SamIAm_

Post by _SamIAm_ »

i got a buddy who plays on the US servers, he recons the lag aint that bad its alittle worse than the EU but still pretty playable
_SamIAm_

Post by _SamIAm_ »

Y0da wrote:
It's like smoking. Once you start it gets real hard to quit. You keep telling yourself that you can quit any moment but deep down inside you know that you are hopelessly addicted. :lol:
i aint addicted to WoW i just want to finish it :P
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Gatsby wrote:Check the forums, the PTR servers are US based so expect laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.
hmm, im sure they have 1 PTR per region. Oh well. ill see how it goes worste case ill play with some snobbie americans, but hey might get to duel Ming then :P
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

who dat?

DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Supposedly one of the best rogues to play wow
To be determined tbh :P

He thinks hes the god of wow, apparently hes such an bottom
Would be nice to get one over on him ehehe
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I had the naxx PTR download. But the pvp server was closed and character transfers and creation was closed to. So it was rppvp from lvl1 and I just didnt want to waste my time on that.

There isnt a big lag difference between EU and US. Sure its 200ms at best. But still over 400ms and 600ms doesnt help the situation.
My Steam Screenshots

Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Sooooo...

I made a radical change to my wow game.

1. Sold my US account with a fully epic decked out human mage.(Gear from: heroic / kara / gruul / crafted)

2. Bought the EU copy + TBC.

3. Rolled horde.

4. Rolled on a PVP server. (Only ever played on PVE servers due to the fact that the SA raid guilds were on those servers.)

5. Went from primary DPS classes to tanking/healing hybrids. (Read: instead of playing a hunter / mage I now have a warrior and shaman I am actively leveling.)

6. This time round my wife is with me every step of the way with her own account.

All this saved wow for me, I rediscovered the game so to speak.

I can honestly say that PVP servers are teh bomb. You start all soft and cushy thinking you will NEVER gank a lowbie or do dishonorable things like killing guys on the STV boat right after leaving the docks.

I will exact my vengeance on any alliance I ever see. Gnomes are 1st on the hit-list.:twisted:

s
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Good to hear mate :)

I took a bit of a break and looked up an old flame called Rappelz. I just needed to gather strength for the last stretch to 70 (64 now). I'm itching to start the full out PvP thing but right now guild obligations makes it difficult. Then I also need to get my epic mount which is long overdue. Should manage that tonight though. ;)
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Playing the other side is a fresh breath and being back on pvp makes it worth it. I am just worried about what happens when I hit the big 7 0. But this time around I am DPS and no one will try to take me as something else.

BTW, which server are you on?

Twighlight's Hammer UK PVP has the following ZA guilds on horde side:
Pap en Vleis
Magna Carta
Rippel Effect
Natural Perfection
Rez Sickness
My Steam Screenshots

Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Sojourn wrote:Sooooo...

I made a radical change to my wow game.

1. Sold my US account with a fully epic decked out human mage.(Gear from: heroic / kara / gruul / crafted)

2. Bought the EU copy + TBC.

3. Rolled horde.

4. Rolled on a PVP server. (Only ever played on PVE servers due to the fact that the SA raid guilds were on those servers.)

5. Went from primary DPS classes to tanking/healing hybrids. (Read: instead of playing a hunter / mage I now have a warrior and shaman I am actively leveling.)

6. This time round my wife is with me every step of the way with her own account.

All this saved wow for me, I rediscovered the game so to speak.

I can honestly say that PVP servers are teh bomb. You start all soft and cushy thinking you will NEVER gank a lowbie or do dishonorable things like killing guys on the STV boat right after leaving the docks.

I will exact my vengeance on any alliance I ever see. Gnomes are 1st on the hit-list.:twisted:

s
ZOMG I love you! Pls say you rolled on Shattered Halls mate!

Ps. what you say bout PvP servers. lol! I remember when I said they r the shizzo and u told me im some kinda douchebag for ganking lol but Im glad u see the light ;p

Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

I have to re-iterate, NEVER roll on a PvE server, they are ubershyte compared to PvP servers. PvP servers are ALIVE man, and if u r into pve they always have better progress anyway ;p

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

No way! Best progression are on PVP server. For the simple reason every minute can mean your death so you are alot more aware. Generally higher awareness :P
My Steam Screenshots

Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

StarBound wrote:No way! Best progression are on PVP server. For the simple reason every minute can mean your death so you are alot more aware. Generally higher awareness :P
Why are you repeating what I said? I already said that you should roll pvp realm for best pve progress:
I have to re-iterate, NEVER roll on a PvE server, they are ubershyte compared to PvP servers. PvP servers are ALIVE man, and if u r into pve they always have better progress anyway ;p
lol

L2Read