School banning sites

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Neon948 wrote:
jee wrote:You guys off course know the reason for school/work banning certain sites? Don't you think its just a tad illegal and dishonest to try and bypass a system that is ment as a security or to get people to WORK in the time they get paid for?
If you have spare time and want to get on a site its OK to bypass the block, even once I had to bypass a block for work. So if you know what site you want and then bypass the block and if you're not going to do anything you're no allowed to do then its OK.
Exactly how many people in this world do you think there are who want to bypass a block on a banned site in order to do something that is allowed? Not many, I'd rate.
TheMartyr

Post by TheMartyr »

the guys block the site because they are assh01es!
i know because the guy who blocked the site at my gfs school told them he only did it because he doesnt like them.
what an idiot
Hello im a signature
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DJT wrote:Anyways. I don't see the point in blocking 'freewebs' or gmail. I usually send myself work if i forget a flashdrive
Agreed with Gmail at least, but I reckon that companies and schools often have legitimate concerns with sites like facebook. (Says the guy who is NOT blocked from Facebook, et al.)
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

I don't really care about Facebook, I rarely use it. It's the others that cause probs for me...
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Well, the IT guy banned a site because I was looking at it too much (www.drunkduck.com, it's for hosting webcomics).

I tried Neon's IP trick, and it works like a charm

*EDIT*
May I add, that I am the ONLY one in the entire school who read the comics at that site!
He gave me a 1-week ban and banned that site just because I was chowwing 25MB a day on the school internet!
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Neon948

Post by Neon948 »

po10cy wrote:as a matter of interest how could you gain access if you did have the command prompt? im not banned but its good to know how this works.
Well when you're at home go into command prompt and type ping *, replace * with a website. like ping www.yahoo.com and from that you'll get yahoo's IP 87.248.113.14 and then you write the number down and type it into the web browser at school.
Desktop - Intel Q6600 @ 3Ghz (Can Go Up To 3.618Ghz), P5Q Deluxe, 4GB DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15, ATI 4870 1GB 775\1000, 2x 750 GB 32MB Cashe HDDs RAID0, Antec Nine Hundred, 750W PSU, GDM-FW900 (2304 x 1440).

Laptop - Dell 1720, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz T7300, 2.5GB DDR2 667 1x512GB, 17" (1920 x 1200).
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

lol thanks :)
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

interesting very good to know 4 when they block here....any1 know how to bypass a proxy server???? :twisted: :P
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

DeathStrike wrote:interesting very good to know 4 when they block here....any1 know how to bypass a proxy server???? :twisted: :P
If I knew the answer to that, i'd prolly be begging for overtime... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
halo

Post by halo »

Neon948 wrote:
po10cy wrote:as a matter of interest how could you gain access if you did have the command prompt? im not banned but its good to know how this works.
Well when you're at home go into command prompt and type ping *, replace * with a website. like ping www.yahoo.com and from that you'll get yahoo's IP 87.248.113.14 and then you write the number down and type it into the web browser at school.
dude, i can't even get facebook to work using that method on a connection where it isnt blocked, let alone on one that its banned on... Im probably doing something wrong... mind you i got yahoo to work...

any ideas why?
Neon948

Post by Neon948 »

halo wrote:
Neon948 wrote:
dude, i can't even get facebook to work using that method on a connection where it isnt blocked, let alone on one that its banned on... Im probably doing something wrong... mind you i got yahoo to work...

any ideas why?
It seems like Facebook's IP changes, there are a few cases where this trick does not work. Like PC Format.
Desktop - Intel Q6600 @ 3Ghz (Can Go Up To 3.618Ghz), P5Q Deluxe, 4GB DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15, ATI 4870 1GB 775\1000, 2x 750 GB 32MB Cashe HDDs RAID0, Antec Nine Hundred, 750W PSU, GDM-FW900 (2304 x 1440).

Laptop - Dell 1720, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz T7300, 2.5GB DDR2 667 1x512GB, 17" (1920 x 1200).
halo

Post by halo »

:( ... you just broke the hearts of very man, women and child in my varsity... im crying... :) well cant say i didnt enquire... Ill try again when im at varsity tomorrow and see what happens... thanx for the heads up though... your little trick might become useful someday... one never knows with this things...
Neon948

Post by Neon948 »

Well it works of lots of web site, I think it even works on YouTube.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

LOL. This reminds me of what my friend and I did last year.
Almost everyday we went to the computer centre after school and we would install Opera onto our flash drives and mass download manager and end up downloading what we want.etc

If we used a normal browser to download we would get 20Kb/s amax if we were lucky...when using mass downloader we would get 100-120Kb/s but the rest of the computers wouldnt be able to access any sites basically as it used up all the bandwidth.
I think we and a few others actually capped the schools internet connection and there was no internet for 2 days. :twisted: They said that the limit for the internet was reached or something like that.

Also with Opera you can access the HDDs on the network which is very useful as well :wink:

Hmm, try using a proxy (your school probably disabled the tools section in IE if thats what they use...so do what I did and install Opera onto a flash drive then setup Opera to use a proxy. If you want you can try using proxy sites like anonymouse.org they might work.

go here to get some proxy servers.
You can also try using "your-freedom" which is a proxy tunnler if your school needs to use a proxy to access the internet. :D
Last edited by PsyCLown on 18 Sep 2007, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
crabstick

Post by crabstick »

hmmm, http://www.foxyproxy.net when its up and running. helps out every now and then when stuff is blocked
And i wanna kno, did u think we'd be screwed by one run again?
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Where I work we get access to our fav sites early in the morning 7-8..
Then again at lunchtime...
I used this until they started using IPCOP to block.. enjoy
http://www.ukeepaccess.com/
Temporary Absence
DJT

Post by DJT »

Going to try some of these later when I get to school. This is basicaly my last day, should try cause as much havock as possible :)
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - Facebook
DeanMF

Post by DeanMF »

I am waiting for the day my work starts to block websites....
Forum Points: 25 618 :)
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

Use

http://www.youhide.com

or

http://www.unblockfacebook.com

Performance is horrible, but the facebook addicts won't complain. :D

C2D E4300 | ASUS P5B-MX WiFi | 1GB Kingston DDR2-667 | XFX GeForce 7600 GS

"Most people end up going to bed when
they're not sleepy and waking up when they are."
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Won't happen at my job. Being the Admin is the bomb.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Sagariouz

Post by Sagariouz »

Another bypassing site is:
http://75.126.77.27/

Just type in the website and press go. But yeah, performance is horrible.
DJT

Post by DJT »

Thanks Saqariouz, works, but as you say, performance is horrible
Clarke Media - Facebook
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

DeanMF wrote:I am waiting for the day my work starts to block websites....
don't. it's no fun at all! :cry:
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
jPm

Re: School banning sites

Post by jPm »

DJT wrote:Afternoon all

I'll write this before the school IT guys decide to be funny and ban PCF too. They have recently gone waaaay to strict with their site ban list, including

www.gmail.com
www.facebook.com
www.yahoo.com
www.freewebs.com

The list continues....

My question is, is there a way in which i can bypass these? Someone mentioned a proxy site, but i have no idea what the adress was. Any ideas?

DJ

They should Ban Sites at school, You goto School to learn not surf! Thats the Reason why so many students are failing nowadays
DJT

Re: School banning sites

Post by DJT »

jPm wrote:They should Ban Sites at school, You goto School to learn not surf! Thats the Reason why so many students are failing nowadays
Hmmmm. Lets see, the only time i normally get on a PC here is at break. Also, I have access to the multimedia room as I am deputy head of the society and have a key. Sometimes I need to email work to myself. Also, our teachers are mostly rubbish, I blame them. (sorry to any teachers on here. Just talking about the ones at my school) Our maths class average is in the 20's. Our teacher doesn't teach, he just writes stuff on the board and expects us to understand it :?
Clarke Media - Facebook