2000-grit sandpaper

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
douglash

2000-grit sandpaper

Post by douglash »

does anybody know where i can find some of this in durban?
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

It really shouldn't be a problem finding it at your local hardware store.
douglash

Post by douglash »

um, yeah, i tried that.... i think i would have tried about 15 places before i posted here....

unless, you know of a place... that would help... :roll:
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Speak to Doobs.
douglash

Post by douglash »

thanks - just mailed him...
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Well, i can get it easily. Let me know if you don't find any, i'll send you some.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

dude i can get up to 2200 grit sandpaper at my local fart bottom hardware store lol... just pop in to your nearest hardware and ask, and if they dont have ask where you can get. also have you tried the really big hardware store in umhlanga by gateway, MICA. they have EVERYTHING!

Hope that helps!
Rob.
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

WardKiss Rob, WARDKISS, its like builders warehouse but smaller, there is also a place up in Pinetown thats bigger than Builders Warehouse, cant think of the name but yea
haja

Post by haja »

Perhaps try aqsking for Waterpaper instead (the guys are probably looking for 2000 grit sandpaper)

but yes, most hardware places have it, and if you still are batteling, try a paint shop like Chemspec (or any paint shop that deals in car paint) as water paper is primarily used in the rubbing down of car paint.

Where about in durban are you (aren't u in Kloof?). Let me know, and I will give you exact directions to a place that has it :)

Doobs, Builders Express? Used to be Servistar. Also Fed's should have it (now a Builders Warehouse). THats Feds, NOT Federated Timbers. Mica would also probably have it, and Midas.

If you are really stuck, goto a Panel beater and ask them if you can buy a sheet :P
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Haja are you also in Durban
haja

Post by haja »

yup, live up in the hills (Waterfall), not quite as ruff and tuff as you :)
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

LOL haja! doobs gonna beat you :lol: my uncle stays in waterfall, its quites small hey 8O :wink:

Rob
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
minerva10210

Post by minerva10210 »

Must say, I haven't really checked all that hard, but I also couldn't find 2000 a while ago when I was lloking for some paper... This was in Centurion though...
There are doorways I haven`t opened and windows I`ve yet to look through, going forward may not be the answer, maybe I should go back!
Asus P55, i5-750, 8GB DDR3, HD5770OC, Audigy2Value, 3.4TB Storage, MS Presenter Mouse 8000, G15, G25, CM Centurion5 + Musketeer, 19" CRT.

Please note: I collect Vintage Computing equipment, if you have any *really old* stuff laying about contact me please!!