PCF Facebook group

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Thanks Capanno, I was searching in the South Africa Network... dunno why this is global? any how, found it now!
capanno

Post by capanno »

viceroy wrote:Amazing how EVERYONE else managed to find it.

Use your brain a little...sheesh
Are you like retarded or something? You act like a monkey on a haystack throwing leafs into the air. :roll:
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

yeah the way you behaved was really pathetic
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

to all the other retards like me, here is the link!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2313418962
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Hey! I am sure there is a rule about calling yourself and others retards. If not here should be. Just be careful and don't put too much personal info on. One of my friends included his street address in his profile - now that is just asking for trouble.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Tribble wrote:Hey! I am sure there is a rule about calling yourself and others retards. If not here should be. Just be careful and don't put too much personal info on. One of my friends included his street address in his profile - now that is just asking for trouble.
I don't care if the comment is not PC, to do that is just retarded.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
jee

Post by jee »

Hmm what helpfullness.....

I have some issues with facebook - it was one thing when it consentrated on communities... its seriously dangerous on a global level. It means your personal information is out there, (we have seen how certain google bots have harvested personal info from secure companies... how secure is the facebook servers?). Not only that the great US of A are collecting more and more info of people all over - who will be next? what is Big Brother doing with that information? I posted an article in jamin's CD thread that will refer to what i'm talking about. Is this the beginnig of the One Global Computer? Will it know that the answer is 42? Is this were we are moving towards each having our barcode and if you are not part of this "online group" you are a lonely retarded soul?

I agree, its marvelous to be able to find information regarding people - but i would rather it be only in my groups and not the connect to the whole world.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Yea Jee i agree, i heard some danergous stuff regarding the EULA of Facebook too, and the few people that have disected it seem to think that its just an infomation harvesting device.... that scary :-S i'm changing my Email addy and my phone number :-P

@ tribble, yea i know i was being a bit silly, if i were a retard i would have put my ID number on Facebook :D :lol:........and soz if i offened anyone with that comment!
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

I think I do that too just to be sure.
eraser

Post by eraser »

jee wrote:Hmm what helpfullness.....

I have some issues with facebook - it was one thing when it consentrated on communities... its seriously dangerous on a global level. It means your personal information is out there, (we have seen how certain google bots have harvested personal info from secure companies... how secure is the facebook servers?). Not only that the great US of A are collecting more and more info of people all over - who will be next? what is Big Brother doing with that information? I posted an article in jamin's CD thread that will refer to what i'm talking about. Is this the beginnig of the One Global Computer? Will it know that the answer is 42? Is this were we are moving towards each having our barcode and if you are not part of this "online group" you are a lonely retarded soul?

I agree, its marvelous to be able to find information regarding people - but i would rather it be only in my groups and not the connect to the whole world.
In Facebook's terms and conditions it states that any and every piece of information (Even pictures) that you put on there becomes the sole property of FB. It also states that they can do whatever they like with it, even sell it to other companies. 8O

Basically, if you put any info on there, then they can take that and make a profit out of it. :evil:

EDIT:
Facebook Terms And Conditions wrote:When you post User Content to the Site, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Site. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your User Content.
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Yea thats what i meant :nervous:

But to the average mortal, its as tho they just making sure they can post ur info on the web....... Dodgy stuff i tell you :?
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I have stopped accepting "New applications" that just pop up all the time - if i don't search for a app then I don't add it

*Starts to remove vital information from profile*
Temporary Absence
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

That thing says it can only be used as long as you leave it on the site. If you remove it they may retain their archived copies with the information, but that is for legal reasons... And the fact that you can not now expect them to go edit all their backup discs just to take away your info...

They wont abuse it, no sense in doing so... Would hurt them more than it would help...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Anthropoid wrote:I have stopped accepting "New applications" that just pop up all the time
Hahaha n00b.

You were just installing any random app?

I have trakz0r, where I've been, photo's and thats it, I think...

My control panel is full of apps that want to install, I just ignore them all.

That's probably the most annoying thing about facebook!
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

can someone please post the link to the PFC FB group :?
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

PaperCut wrote:can someone please post the link to the PFC FB group :?
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

jamin_za wrote:
PaperCut wrote:can someone please post the link to the PFC FB group :?
Shot, Jamza!!!! 8)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Facebook is SUCH a fad. It's like like running wowarcraft mods, if everybody in your raid don't have the same mod and version, it's just pointless.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Sojourn wrote:Facebook is SUCH a fad. It's like like running wowarcraft mods, if everybody in your raid don't have the same mod and version, it's just pointless.
Thanks for that bru. Really!
Using WoW to create a negative Facebook analogy is like the Math club calling the Chess team nerds :P
Trinsic

Post by Trinsic »

jee wrote:Hmm what helpfullness.....
(we have seen how certain google bots have harvested personal info from secure companies... how secure is the facebook servers?).
If the Google bots manage to find the info then it wasn't very 'secure'. They can only follow static html links - hiding stuff behind any sort of form with standard buttons will stop a spider dead in its tracks. javascript hinders it hectically as well
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

How come nobody told me about the PCF Menlyn meet???????? huh!!!! :x

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8584&id=639827190
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Oi!

Who made me the Shemale in the PCF group :?:

That is derogatory. I demand my title be changed to Shemale Connoisseur

With immediate effect!
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

i recently joined facebook, but i prefer myspace to be honest, i cannot use a lot of the forums out there because i think it hates my isp or something ... i try and post and it asks for my username and password lol!

over and over again ... so i gave up! I am SO glad I can post here!
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

I'd like to pretend that I am too cool for facebook.
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

lol no point in me trying to pretend really! lol

I like it coz now i have contact with everyone i lost contact with ... they all seem to be moving away ... maybe its me?!
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.