Be warned people who still use standard router passwords

Viruses, hackers and crackers
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

WPA is not just better than WEP. WEP is what tea time hackers eat after crumpets. I can capture packets then go home and get my C2D to crack them a lot faster than my lappie can do it.
within an hour and only a handful of packets I have the key and can access the system.

I once found a 512 line fully open.

I used it for a few times, when I was in the area I check my mail. I left a text document on the main shared documents which had been getting a lot of activity. I warned them about the dangers. 2 weeks later the connection was still unprotected. So i did something rather fun. They had a shared printer. I connected to the printer and printed out 10 copies of the text document. 2 days later... it was WEP enabled. lol, its better than nothing I suppose.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Frozenfireside wrote:I have mac filtering on my router (non wireless)
okay, lets examine this idea. I gather that you are saying that you are blocking foreign a MAC addresses from accessing your router. But as you have stated, you assigned MAC filtering to the non-wireless part of your router. Can you seee the logic in this. Basically if any one wants to hack your internet connection they first need to break into your place and then jack into the router, but wait... they are stopped by MAC filtering.
MAC filtering on a LAN is only useful if you want only certain individuals to be able to access the internet, for say, business.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Sorry dude but I lol'd.
I love sarcasim.
Look it drops non mac address from browing through my router-If thats not very valid since its not wireless and thats me being paranoid, so be it.
I have no reason to enable it and theres no reason to disble it other then I really dont want the bother.

I need to PM you killerbyte-Even if you don't like me.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(