Death Adder help?

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Bloodmonk

Death Adder help?

Post by Bloodmonk »

I got this mouse and it has a On-the-fly sensitivity setting that show on-screen when u press the button..... but when ever I press it nothing happens..

My drivers is updated and I can get firmware for Vista64
DFI LANPARTY UT SLI-DR EXPERT
AMD 3800+ X2 @(2.8Ghz)
4GB OZC Special Ops
Asus 8800GT 1GB TOP
Antec SuperLanBoy
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G15
19\" Samsung 940BF

Post by pofadder »

I'm running XP x64 Pro, and I'm experiencing the same issue. (although the drivers are 64-bit drivers). I'm still to report this issue to the vendors.

Have you checked in the Razor application (the one that sits next to your clock) whether the buttons have been assigned with that specific function?
[Q8200│Asus mobo│4Gb Kingmax Ram│BFG 8800GT Sli│Corsair 750W PSU│X-Fi Sound│Samsung 22 inch]
Bloodmonk

Post by Bloodmonk »

I have assigned a button to the on the fly setting and it is checked in the menu....
AMD 3800+ X2 @(2.8Ghz)
4GB OZC Special Ops
Asus 8800GT 1GB TOP
Antec SuperLanBoy
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G15
19\" Samsung 940BF

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

U SEE THE HABU IS BETTER :lol:
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

my advice... buy a G7
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Bloodmonk

Post by Bloodmonk »

I already bought the DA and the mouse I had before was a LX300.... I want advice with my problem...I think there is a post on witch mouse is better...
AMD 3800+ X2 @(2.8Ghz)
4GB OZC Special Ops
Asus 8800GT 1GB TOP
Antec SuperLanBoy
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G15
19\" Samsung 940BF

Post by pofadder »

As I said: I still need to contact the vendors. But it really doesn't bother me that much not being able to adjust it on the fly. You tend to set your mouse sensitivity in the game's menu anyway.

But arguably it should work (the "on the fly" sensitivity switch). One pays good money for a product, and expect everything to work, as advertised.
[Q8200│Asus mobo│4Gb Kingmax Ram│BFG 8800GT Sli│Corsair 750W PSU│X-Fi Sound│Samsung 22 inch]
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

mine worked the 1st time. The 2nd time it didnt. I hold the button down and scroll the wheel, but as I say 2nd time it didnt work. I dont need it anyway, but yes it is an irritation. In fact its my only gripe.
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

So you cant change the DPI with the Deathadder in a 64bit OS? 8O

All of you have the latest drivers and firmware, thats really weird.
Maybe one of you should email Razer?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

I did download the latest drivers and firmware, but it didn't make any difference. But fear not: I will be reverting back to XP 32-bit later this year. :x
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

OK, you did flash your mouse as well?
Most people think you just download it then place it in the razer firmware folder then it will auto flash. :)
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

Well, maybe I should rephrase: I downloaded the latest drivers (which are listed as firmware on the website, if I recall correctly). I then updated the software through the application (i.e. run, install, follow prompts).

Something I didn't mention: The Razor application that came bundled with the mouse didn't run properly (i.e. the Razor application kept telling me that it can't detect the mouse). I subsequently downloaded the latest drivers (listed as firmware?) and installed it.

I don't think I "flashed" the mouse, as one would flash your bios...
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Oh, well which firmware version does it say your mouse has in the configurator then? :P

Spoiler (show)
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

pofadder wrote:Well, maybe I should rephrase: I downloaded the latest drivers (which are listed as firmware on the website, if I recall correctly). I then updated the software through the application (i.e. run, install, follow prompts).

Something I didn't mention: The Razor application that came bundled with the mouse didn't run properly (i.e. the Razor application kept telling me that it can't detect the mouse). I subsequently downloaded the latest drivers (listed as firmware?) and installed it.

I don't think I "flashed" the mouse, as one would flash your bios...
i did mine and should check for updated drivers :)

oh hey ive got HABU :twisted:
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

What does this have to do with modding? :|
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:What does this have to do with modding? :|
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I never noticed that.
Nice sig BTW! ;) Really cool mod too.

Yeah, the firmware version does make quite a bit of a difference.
I updated the firmwareon my copperhead from 6.18 to 6.20 and it seemed to have fixed the annoying bug where when you 1st boot up into windows the mouse is sluggish then if you change the DPI high er or lower than back to what ot was originally on its fine again. :P

Spoiler (show)
pofadder

Post by pofadder »

PsyCLown wrote:Oh, well which firmware version does it say your mouse has in the configurator then? :P
I'll check tonight what the version number is.
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

mine is the 32bit OS. I have v1.10.

Everything runs fine though, and last night I was accused of hax cos I was too accurate under a smurf account. This mouse is really good.
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)