120mm Holesaw

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
Nitroflea

120mm Holesaw

Post by Nitroflea »

Hey all,

I'm looking for the closest thing to a 120mm holesaw. Anybody seen one around?
I found a 127mm one but its a bit too big. The next size down is the 114mm I think, which will probably work but I can't find one.
Does anybody know of a good place in pretoria to get one?
I found the 127mm at a hardware store but it was like R185. Do they usually go for this much?
"If a programmer can't quote entire Monty Python movies from memory, he or she has no business being a programmer."
Dragoneyes

Post by Dragoneyes »

Try Builders Warehouse in Gezina 8)
- ASUS M2N-SLi Deluxe
- AMD64 6000+ @ 3.01Ghz
- Gainward 8800GTS 320
- Gigabyte 7300GS
- 4x 1gig DDR2 800
- CoolerMaster Extreme Power 650W
- Samsung 2232GW, Acer AL1951, Packard Bell LCD 17"
naughty

Post by naughty »

yep that size goes for around that much and makro had a 118mm one when i last went there (in durban though but makro should have the same stuff countrywide) - you may find it cheaper though if you shop around - though that price should include the arbor which is the drill bit type attachment that makes the holesaw fit into the drill

my 80mm one with the arbor cost around R160 as a combo but those cut through steel easilly - need a nice strong drill and you are away
Nitroflea

Post by Nitroflea »

hehe, well then this hardware shop was expensive cause the R185 didn't include the arbor. 8O I think it'll be worth the money though cause then I can drill blow holes in everything, mwahahha :lol: :lol:
I think I'll try macro, thx.
I've got the drill for the job, actually I might be using a drill press (I think thats what its called) that should work nicely :D
Would you recommend clamping plywood to both sides or just a couple layers of masking tape on the top? I wanna do this right 'cause I'll cry if i screw it up :cry: :oops:
hehe.
"If a programmer can't quote entire Monty Python movies from memory, he or she has no business being a programmer."