Project: Epiphany 100% Complete (bad update)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

*wonders if the mod involves the viceroy donated flowmeter*??

oh...
wait...
doh!

The flowmeter is for Genocide :twisted:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

lol guys, you guys are awesome :D

I did, in fact, mod today :D

I've got the pics all uploaded to photobucket and am about to type the update. I'm first gonna go take a slash and make myself some tea, then you'll get your frikken update :P
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I'm sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've been working my butt off for the MCSE course i'm studying. It's not as simple as i thought it was. I've been raping my exams though, so the studying has been paying off. I'm writing another massive exam tomorrow, on about 800-900 pages of work, and i haven't studied JACK. I started studying too late and realized a few days ago how screwed i was and decided to just stop studying for tomorrow's exam. I'll fail tomorrow, and then i can just rewrite it again in two weeks. So it's no big deal really :D

Only bummer is that i'm gonna have to pay frikken 670 bucks to rewrite. Oh well... it's my fault.... so i'll have to pay.

Before the actual update commences, i have one or two announcements.

Since my last update, i have acquired another two sponsors.

Third Sponsor

My third sponsor is a company called NomadicIT. They're still a bit new in the enthusiast market, but i can see big things from these guys. They are now the only company in the country that distributes DangerDen and Swiftech waterblocks. They're in the process of acquiring licenses with A.C. Ryan and EK Waterblocks too. I've been working very closely with Nomadic for the last few weeks, trying to help them out with this stuff. If you guys have any companies which you wish Nomadic to become distributors for, let me know and i'll chat to them ;)

My sponsor with Nomadic is quite an interesting one. There are a number of benefits i get from them that i, unfortunately, may not mention, but what i can mention is that amongst the stuff i've received from them, they have also registered the www.daejavoo.com domain and hosted my site at no cost to me.

Now, i dont know a thing about web development, so this is where my fourth sponsor comes in:

Fourth Sponsor

I am now also sponsored by Advanced Creation Media. This company belongs to Maxxis, here on the Forum. He has agreed to build my site for me. I was also very lucky with this sponsor. Initially i was going to buy the CMS that Maxxis developed from him, at HALF price (which was still about what you'll pay for a second hand 8800GTX), and after a few discussions, he agreed to let me use it for free. What's even better is that maxxis is going to further develop his CMS, specifically for me. So i'll be the only guy with that specific build, which is cool :D

In the meantime, you guys can have a look at DAEJAVOO.com. It's only a message now, but it will be complete by the end of June 2007. That site will host all my mods, as well as guides that i have made, my blog, a forum, links to logs that i'm reading, etc etc etc.

Another cool announcement is that I am now writing for the PCFormat magazine. I'm writing "How To:" guides for the mag. Cameron has given me two full pages for every month for guides. I'm also incredibly excited about that :D

Okay, now the case update can actually start. lol.

I started with the pump fitment, and ran into a problem immediately.... a big big problem. This is the pump i'm using:

That's a DangerDen D5 (or Laing, ir Swiftech, or Koolance, doesn't matter, the pump is the same from all of them). Now, i didn't really like how it looks, because it's black. So i built a pump housing for it, remember? Well, that housing caused A LOT of problems for me. The pump sits just behind the fan controller, so the end of the housing is about 30mm away from the fan controller. I dont know how the hell i planned this part but that's how it turned out.

That 30mm is not enough, and clashes with the cables that plug into the back of the controller. So i had to make a drastic choice.... leave the housing off. I hated making that decision, because the pump is frikken black, inside a case that is ONLY chrome and silver. This is REALLY going to detract from the main theme of the case.... but there's absolutely nothing i can do about that. To try and help this problem, i had the base of the pump chromed, but that's as much as i could do. I can't chrome the outlets and so on because it's made of a strange material... i think it's carbon. They can't chrome it. I also chose not to spray paint the outlets because that would look like crap. So i'm stuck with that problem.

Okay, so to hold the pump against the side panel of the case, i took some 6mm thick, 30mm long allen cap screws, and shortened them. What a mission, OMW... this was after only ONE:

I went through about 5 dremel discs, it was like 2am, so i didn't wanna go out to the garage.

After the cut, i just rethreaded the screw to make sure the thread was perfect:

And here's both of them:

After a bit of maintenance on the pump:

It was put together, now with rethreaded mounts and 5mm allen cap screws and the custom chromed base:

That's basically what i did today. Now i'm gonna see if i can get the pump fitted.

I bought myself a new toy today:

That, my friends, is a scroll saw. I've been eye-ing these babies out for ages and decided to finally hook myself up with one. Man i love tools :D

I also bought some extra blades, and some really fine ones for plexi:

While i was at the hardware store, i came across this little bag of toys:

That's a pack of dremel goodies.

Some grinding discs and sanding discs:

Some sanding stuffs:

A bunch of stuff that i wont ever use, except the one on the far left:

Some polishing stuffs:

And then the nicest part, the reinforced diamond discs:

So that's the update. I'm gonna get back to modding just now, hopefully i'll have the pump fitted by the end of tonight.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Man thats a lot of things you picked up from the hardware! I still need to go on one of those trips and get my modding kit started! Pump look good!

Always enjoy reading your updates :D
Mortal_Wombat

Post by Mortal_Wombat »

Meh.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Ok where's this "MASSIVE" update :| ;) :\
hiphopbunny

Post by hiphopbunny »

glad you got to mod ;)

i'm pwnd :cry:
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Nice Ett!

Just get though those exams, and then have some fun with this... :D
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Hey DJv...

I would just like to warn you... do LOTS of practice on that scroll saw...

I have one here, it works amazing considering the width of the blade, but be CAREFUL... The blades snap easily enough if forced too much or over tightened...

Also, the blade remains flexible, so doing a 1 or 2 degree turn usually does not really work that well...

Still amazing tool in it self... especially on woodwork...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Some nice tools there man :-)

Let me know how that scroll saw goes, I have been looking at them for quiet some time...
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

hiphopbunny wrote:glad you got to mod ;)

i'm pwnd :cry:

y?

Mortal_Wombat wrote:Meh.
For me to poop on as courage the insult comic dog would say :P
I34z1k wrote:Ok where's this "MASSIVE" update :| ;) :\
What he sayd
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
Appleblossom

Post by Appleblossom »

Slasher wrote:especially on woodwork...
off the actual topic of this tread but, WOOD WORK FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

absolutely nothing like it..
its so clean,fresh,it feels healthy,like the warm wood shavings lying on ur hands from jolling draai bank..or delicately wit a chisel crafting something..

its the best,beats anything
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

I can think of a lot of things that are better. :P

"Remember to polish your morning wood"
Last edited by neon_chameleon on 07 Jun 2007, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Mortal_Wombat

Post by Mortal_Wombat »

Spicy-McHaggis wrote:For me to poop on as courage the insult comic dog would say :P
It's not courage you retard, it's Triumph.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Thanks for your comments guys :D
Oh my bad, i thought that over 1000 words and 19 pictures pretty big :?

Slasher wrote:I would just like to warn you... do LOTS of practice on that scroll saw...

I have one here, it works amazing considering the width of the blade, but be CAREFUL... The blades snap easily enough if forced too much or over tightened...

Also, the blade remains flexible, so doing a 1 or 2 degree turn usually does not really work that well...

Still amazing tool in it self
Thanks for the advice :D I haven't really used it yet. I messed around with a small-ish piece of plexi, and the cutting was amazing :D

Mortal_Wombat wrote:Meh.
Mortal_Wombat wrote:
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:For me to poop on as courage the insult comic dog would say :P
It's not courage you retard, it's Triumph.
Your useless comments are not helping anything. Please just refrain from posting here. This is not a frikken spam thread.
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Thanks for your comments guys :D

youve had bigger updates :D
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
ecthelion

Post by ecthelion »

so how much did that badboy set you back?
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

ecthelion wrote:so how much did that badboy set you back?
What? The tool? The pump?
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Thanks for your comments guys :D
Not being mean bro :) But alot of nothing happened :P I mean the sponsors and apologies used up 500 words or so. And you showed us what new goodies you got :) You cut 2 bolts :P And did some work on your pump. But yea, considering you don't have much time it was cool. Was just hoping for more :P
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

I can get those scroll saws for 400 bucks :-)
ecthelion

Post by ecthelion »

Skidd wrote:I can get those scroll saws for 400 bucks :-)
thats what i was refering to, thanx :D tho i thought those things would be more expensive as in over R1k :?
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Anderdorff man :-)

They also got a no name brand dremel for like 200 bucks and a complete excessory set for 200 bucks :-)
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Makro also sells a Einhell Dremel for about R220. I've burnt out my first one. Good luck with that pump fitting there DJV. I know how difficult it is to get everything inside a mod sometimes.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Thanks for your comments guys :D

This afternoon i had an "Epiphany". I realized how close this mod is to completion. This realization came to me after i had the pump fitted, as well as the fan controller. Basically all that's left to do is fit the reservoirs, the VFD, the front bezel. I also have to fit the raddy to the right hand side panel, and fit the panel. I also need to fit the "DAE_JA_VOO" logo to the main side panel. And then finally, fill the machine up with LOADS of water.

Other than that, i probably have some more cables to make, but that's not a problem.

So the completion of this mod is around the corner :D

Once it's done, i'll be able to focus some more on Project: Genocide and, of course, modding my two 22" widescreen LCDs :D (can't frikken wait for that mod!)

Anyway, as i mentioned above, i now have the pump fitted, as well as the Fan controller. Tomorrow (well, today) when i wake up, i'll be fitting the reservoirs to the top of the case, and then fixing the top of the case to the rest of the chassis. Once that's done, i can start finishing up the water tube routing, and start plugging in the millions of 3.5mm jack cables into their respective female 3.5mm jacks.

I'm scared to put it on :|

lol

EDIT: By the way, my exam raped me today. Funny enough though, i scored higher than some guys who studied their butts off. I didn't study a page. lol. I'm rewriting again on the 28th...
lordsnake

Post by lordsnake »

Dude this mod is of the hoke can`t wat to see it wen it`s finish :D
~Evil Serpent to the Pride~