Inter-racial Relationships - your views?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

GrimStoner wrote:I think culture is a bigger influence than race or religion when choosing a mate. For jews it's another story however.
How so? Not being facetious, I really wanna know.

Stop being racist on D00b! Live and let live! It's a rainbow nation, people, and that includes tolerating racists. Can't believe I'm sticking up for D00b here. He's a chop.
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

Before the Jewish Enlightenment and emancipation, which swept through communities in the diaspora in the 19th and 20th centuries, marriages between Jews and non-Jews were uncommon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_intermarriage
* All branches of Orthodox Judaism refuse to accept any validity or legitimacy of intermarriages.
* Conservative Judaism, does not sanction intermarriage, but encourages acceptance of the non-Jewish spouse within the family, hoping that such acceptance will lead to conversion.
* Reform Judaism and Reconstructionist Judaism do not accept the Jewish Law as binding, so technically they do not have firm rules against intermarriage. Reform and Reconstructionist rabbis are free to take their own approach to performing marriages between a Jewish and Non-Jewish partner. Many seek agreement from the couple that the children will be raised as Jewish.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

DoOb, you have been harassed enough for your views in this thread, and I don't want to add to it.
I just want to say that I never expected to see posts like this from you.

Oh, well, you had the guts to express an opinion you knew would be unpopular... I suppose I can respect that...
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

are bringing this country to the f**king ground, by the end of this year i would reckon a good handful here on this forum would have left this country. All becoz of where is going to end up.
You find this racist? This is the truth. Uneducated people are replacing Smart productive workers, because of B.E.E, B.E.E in itself is racist. The whites reached power, lost, now the blacks want revenge. Im not going to lie. This IS the truth people.

In all accounts, I agree with Doobs, he made points I found myself agreeing with.

Oh wait now im a racist! Gasp! Doesnt matter, 75% of this forums hates my guts, im used to this stuff now. YAY!
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

SoulBlade wrote:
Doomextreme wrote: I am no racist, but im afraid I wouldnt be able to go into a relationship with someone of a different skin colour. I dont know why so dont ask me why! Sorry...
SoulBlade wrote:DoOb, what would you do if you find out your wife isn't so pure blooded as it seems?
Or you find out that there was some interracial happenings in your family tree?
What if this is your situation?
DoOb, Doomextreme. Please answer my question.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Doomextreme wrote:In all accounts, I agree with Doobs, he made points I found myself agreeing with.
:lol:

While I might not be smiling at DoOb's comments, hearing them from a child who has no idea what it's like in the real world is a laugh.
75% of this forums hates my guts,
Nobody here cares enough about you to feel a powerful emotion like hate....
Dislike - maybe.
Mild annoyance - definitely.
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

SoulBlade

Hmm thats a good question, I would most probably accept it. Im not a full blooded racist you know. Just natural selection maybe?
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

jamin_za

Right jamin thats fantastic. I live for 16 years but know nothing, maybe YOU know nothing. First you mock my age, then my knowledge... For an admin you really cheeky arent you? Since I never mocked you at all I dont see why you had to insult me.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Trust me. Jammie is playing with you. ;-)

EDIT: Thanks for your answer.
Last edited by SoulBlade on 27 May 2007, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Yea well im SICK of people playing with me... Its really annoying me now. I dont think he was playing. Why you think he put "child" in bold? If he was joking he wouldnt be so serious. I get this BS 24/7 from you blokes. Sending me the signal that I have no right of opinion in a forum...
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

hearing them from a child who has no idea what it's like in the real world is a laugh.
Hearing from an adult, admin and respected member of the forum, your comment is a joke.
Moses

Post by Moses »

If he was joking he wouldnt be so serious.
I lollled.

hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

SoulBlade wrote:Trust me. Jammie is playing with you. ;-)
Dude, don't EVER spoil my fun again - I was halfway through typing my response when I saw you posted this. Bad form :P

@ Doomextreme: You are still a child at 16. Thats not my opinion, that is actually law.
As for how serious I was, I was totally serious, but at the same time, totally not serious.
Which is to say I think this is a serious issue, but to take anything you have to say about anything seriously would be ridiculace.

I will now stop dignifying your posts in this thread with replies.

@Moses: LOL :!:
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Your changing the topic, it remains inter-racial relationships.
Nomadic2Duo

Post by Nomadic2Duo »

Guys wait a minute!

When DAE_JA_VOO started this topic he asked what you think about inter-racial relationships.

This is just typical SA. Most of you heard the word race and automatically saw BLACK and WHITE. Come on guys. I think when DAE said inter-racial he meant all races not just black and white.

I think we should all look at this threat carefully and see how we responded to a simple question. We turned it into a damn fight!

Oh and Doomextreme, if you want to play with the big dogs, don't piss like a puppy. I think what jamin_za tried to say was that you are still young and haven't really experienced the big world the way some of the older members did.

Come on guys, let's just answer the damn question, do you or don't you have a problem with inter-racial relationships.

No i don't.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Doomextreme wrote:Doesnt matter, 75% of this forums hates my guts, im used to this stuff now. YAY!
Yes, because you say stuff as retarded and narrow minded as this:

Doomextreme wrote:You find this racist? This is the truth. Uneducated people are replacing Smart productive workers, because of B.E.E, B.E.E in itself is racist. The whites reached power, lost, now the blacks want revenge. Im not going to lie. This IS the truth people.
You're such a crayon.

Nomadic2Duo wrote:Oh and Doomextreme, if you want to play with the big dogs, don't piss like a puppy.
LOL pwned.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Law

Post by Law »

arg this thread is to long to read.

So simply put if she's Hot. good form and high fives

If you love her. good form and high fives

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Road_Kill wrote:...So you wouldn't date Nicole Scherzinger(pussycat dolls), Halle Berry, Eva Mendes, etc?...
zerubabel wrote:...those black women,...
ROFL, only one of those women is supposedly black. Nicole and Eva are both latinos. Halle isn't black neither. Her mother is white and her father is black.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

inter racial relationships? wtf? Have dated coloured and indian and white. The reason they didn't work out? personality. I think all south africans need to get over the whole race thing and move on...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

don't much care either way, except for when i see a girl dating a scotsman... that's just sick! :?

culture plays a bigger part than skin colour... if the cultures clash, give up... it's just going to be unpleasant for both parties.

<this topic feels awfully familiar...>
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Nomadic2Duo

Post by Nomadic2Duo »

Hman
ROFL, only one of those women is supposedly black. Nicole and Eva are both latinos. Halle isn't black neither. Her mother is white and her father is black.
Once again we not talking about black!! We are talking about inter-racial. So Nicole and Eva are a different race if you are white or black or Indian or whatever!
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Half of Athlone has the same surname as me, so my grandpa and his grandpa got around, what is good for them is good for me! In fact I have made application to become a struggle hero!
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

:lol:
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

i thought so...

although, this one was much more fun to read... :lol:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

GreyWolf wrote:inter racial relationships? wtf? Have dated coloured and indian and white. The reason they didn't work out? personality. I think all south africans need to get over the whole race thing and move on...
I agree 100%

rustypup wrote:don't much care either way, except for when i see a girl dating a scotsman... that's just sick! :?
OMW i LOL'd so hard!! :lol:
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.