Durban Retailers

Any hardware related topics go here.
style121

Durban Retailers

Post by style121 »

Anyone know if there are any retailers in Durban that can sell hardware over the counter? I'm talking processors, ram, motherboards etc. My case just arrived and I need to now fill it. I want to build the system up myself without having to order over the net.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

PC Zone sell base units. Can get mostly all your stuff you need there. Pretty good prices aswell. But pay case. Coz Credit card you pay more
style121

Post by style121 »

Yeh I thought of PC-Zone, but get nothing but grief from those guys. They don't phone back, I can't get quotes, and the base units they offer aren't what i'm looking for. Same with Incredible.
amd64

Post by amd64 »

COA IT - Fone and order wat u want then you can pick it up.
style121

Post by style121 »

COA IT. Who, where, how? Can't find anything about them, have you got a number please?

Thanks
haja

Post by haja »

heya,

What you looking for? pvt me what you need, I can get stuff from most of the dealers if you want? :)
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

YGPM
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Don't bother with PCZone... For your own sake.

THe pc I bought from them is a piece of sh*t.. I payed R13000 for it 2 years ago.
My Graphics card is broken, my mouse never worked well, and my cpu isn't working well either.
Together with that, I have alot of interference on my sound...
And yet they refuse to refund anything even when it is within the warantee.. "It works"..

Look at their website. www.zones.co.za
If that doesn't prove to you what sh*t they are, I dunno what can.

This post was directed to whoever lives in KZN and would ever think of buying from them.

EDIT: Well a week ago it said "New website coming february 2007"... they changed it. How cool. :roll:
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Theres Matrix warehouse in the Crescent at Umhlanga. They're not the cheapest but they're well located and its convenient if you want to buy some small stuff. You're in Ballito and there is a PCZone there, they can get you certain stuff, you just need to speak to them. The Ballito PCzone is better than the one in Pinetown. Oh yeah you would be better getting in contact with some local private dealers, as they'll probably be able to get you better stuff at fairer prices.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
naughty

Post by naughty »

in terms of the local private dealers - i can recommend that you speak to Bobendren from this forum
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor