Help with MX5000/MX1000 combo

Any hardware related topics go here.
Demoraliser

Help with MX5000/MX1000 combo

Post by Demoraliser »

Hi all,

i was given this keyboard and mouse combo a few days ago. Its the bluetooth version. Problem is that the mouse pointer behaves erratically (basic use and gaming). It lags, stops working entirely, and just wont play nice. The previous owner told me that k/board kept dropping the connection, but i have not experienced this yet.

i am using the latest set point sofware 3.0 (me thinks), and the widcomm driver i am using came with the setpoint package (5.1.2700).

is there a fix for this for this combo? Anyone here have the same set? Some folks on the interweb suggest using a usb extension for the dongle so that the k/board,mouse and dongle are less than 60cm apart. I have done this and still nothing.

I cant take them back to incredible corruption as the guy i got them from lost the receipts.

I really dont want to throw this out with the trash...
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.
Minoss

Re: Help with MX5000/MX1000 combo

Post by Minoss »

Demoraliser wrote:Hi all,

i was given this keyboard and mouse combo a few days ago. Its the bluetooth version. Problem is that the mouse pointer behaves erratically (basic use and gaming). It lags, stops working entirely, and just wont play nice. The previous owner told me that k/board kept dropping the connection, but i have not experienced this yet.

i am using the latest set point sofware 3.0 (me thinks), and the widcomm driver i am using came with the setpoint package (5.1.2700).

is there a fix for this for this combo? Anyone here have the same set? Some folks on the interweb suggest using a usb extension for the dongle so that the k/board,mouse and dongle are less than 60cm apart. I have done this and still nothing.

I cant take them back to incredible corruption as the guy i got them from lost the receipts.

I really dont want to throw this out with the trash...

Nice combo.I have the exact same problem but mine was cause by my wireless network card.Supplier told me that it could cause problems with any wireless stuff.lucky for me i could send it back.Logitech wasn't helping much.
Cooler Master CM830
Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt PSU
Asus Striker Extreme
Intel Quad-Core QX6700 Extreme
2 X 1Gig Team Xtreem DDR2 1000MHz
2 X 500 Gig Seagate SATA 2 Hdd
2 X Asus 8800 GTX in SLi
ViewSonic VX922 2ms 19\" LCD
Asus SATA DVD Writer
Dragoneyes

Post by Dragoneyes »

I had the same combo MX5000 and got rid of it, now I have got the MX3100 and it works great, the bluetooth always lost connection and it was really irritating :x
- ASUS M2N-SLi Deluxe
- AMD64 6000+ @ 3.01Ghz
- Gainward 8800GTS 320
- Gigabyte 7300GS
- 4x 1gig DDR2 800
- CoolerMaster Extreme Power 650W
- Samsung 2232GW, Acer AL1951, Packard Bell LCD 17"
Sagariouz

Post by Sagariouz »

Dragoneyes wrote:I had the same combo MX5000 and got rid of it, now I have got the MX3100 and it works great, the bluetooth always lost connection and it was really irritating :x
@Dragoneyes, this is a bit of topic, but if you EVER want to get rid of that set, please contact me. I have a 1month old MX3100 set, but my pc was stolen, with the receiver. Stupid burglar didnt take the keyboard and mouse with, only the receiver. So it is really a waste. I can use the keyboard, but not the mouse, because of no charger :cry: ATM, its pretty useless.